Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2019 :  10:00:34 AM  Show Profile
Hey farmsisters, now that we are getting closer to Spring. What types of veggies do you all plant?

Put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee and handle it.
Cards by Joan Creations on FB
Farmgirl #3842

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2019 :  03:09:38 AM  Show Profile
Almost March, that is a good thing. we have been getting plenty of snow this month. I plant all the normal things in my garden. corn, peas, beans, potatoes, pumpkins, squash, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes, herbs, celery, peppers. Not sure if that is all, but it is pretty close. lol

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2019 :  06:35:39 AM  Show Profile
I no longer plant in long rows. I have 48 onion sets growing in a oblong container on back deck. Mid March the following vegetable plants will be delivered to go in two raised beds. 6 Swiss Chard, 3 eggplant, and 3 walking onions. I grow mostly herbs - some in flowerbeds - others in raised beds or containers. I'm a FarmGirl at heart who lives in town.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 06 2019 :  3:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
I started my seeds today! Peas, okra, tomatoes, Morning Glory, lettuce! All inside on the kitchen table under the window. Rain flooding and cold outside. I had to get a new garden going or I won't get to enjoy before the end of my stay in October. Wish me luck!
Sara I am a container gardener and this year I am going to set up a box on sawhorses for a raised garden! Everybody has gotten an early start but me. Lol! I'm sure it's just an illusion of posts.

Farmgirl#7588
Laughter makes the heart strong!

Edited by - Krissel on May 06 2019 3:46:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - May 06 2019 :  3:59:20 PM  Show Profile

I bought a grow container from Gurney's and put all the strawberries in it. The next raised bed has beets, peas and lettuce. The right bed has tomatoes and I added beans, cucumbers, and peppers before the rain last week.
Last year I only had one raised bed, and everything was planted too close together, so this year I planted less.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic planting Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page