cranberryrose55
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Jan
San Jose California
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  8:54:53 PM  Show Profile
SOLO is good. Looking forward to having a good time in spring, going to U-Pick at Gizdich Ranch http://www.gizdich-ranch.com/index.phpi, if anyone wants to start canning as a chapter in San Jose, looking to pick strawberries, then black berries in the spring, starting to turn jars into glowing gems of multi-colored hues of harvest, shelves laden. Turning lawns into vegetable gardens,like Rumpelstiltskin, turning straw into gold and money in the pocket.

Edited by - cranberryrose55 on Feb 25 2011 8:55:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

FG Vicki
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Vicki M
Etna CA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  3:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

We are having our 3rd meeting the 22nd of April and now have 12 members, we are having a wonderful time. We start our meeting with a potluck and then have a show and tell, but mostly we just visit:) For the month of May we will be having a potholder swap, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Vicki

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything"
Vincent van Gogh
Go to Top of Page

sweettea
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Candace
St Cloud MN
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  2:48:23 PM  Show Profile
I'm not finding a Farmgirl Chapter in my area on the Chapter Search. Does anyone know of a Farmgirl Chapter in the St. Cloud, Minnesota area?

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

cranberryrose55
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Jan
San Jose California
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  5:09:54 PM  Show Profile
Sweetpea,
Hope someone gives you a holler that they are near you, but if not, consider the question, "what do I like to do?"
Then it is so easy to start a chapter, invite your friends and do a community, doing the fun things you enjoy with others.

Have hope in your heart, and darkness has no home.
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  5:32:03 PM  Show Profile
If I lived back home I would start one with you Candace! I am originally from Elk River.

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sweettea
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Candace
St Cloud MN
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  7:52:12 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Cranberryrose55 and Woolgirl. Perhaps I will start my own chapter. Woolgirl, I grew up in Illinois. My daughter is in the Navy and went to A-school in Great Lakes. Small world!

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

FG Vicki
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Vicki M
Etna CA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  2:10:01 PM  Show Profile
Just an update, our farm girl chapter is going well. We are having a meeting tonight and we all plan to enjoy good food and company. I will be showing off my new project, embroidery pillowcases that I found at the local second hand store for 0.25 cents. You can't price :)

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything"
Vincent van Gogh
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  8:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Fox Cities Farmgirls in the Appleton/Menasha/Neenah Wi. and other nearby cities will begin holding monthly meetings starting in Oct. Please email me if interested. If you emailed me prior to this post you're in :) and welcome! Date/time to be announced.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cranberryrose55
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Jan
San Jose California
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  10:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Tapestry, thanks for the post.
That reminded me, in this September (2011), Urban Farm Chicks in San Jose, California is having a fall seeding into dampened soil- filled plant cell trays/flats. By planting in September their cool season vegetable crops, the members will raise their on seedlings and hopefully have a winter garden.

Have hope in your heart, and darkness has no home.
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  7:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Fox Cities Farmgirls chapter meeting to be held at downtown Starbucks in Appleton, Wi. at 2 PM on Friday, Oct. 14, 2011. Bring ideas and family/friends :) The coffee is on me ladies :)

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  7:20:22 PM  Show Profile
Klamath Falls Charming chicks will meet at my house October 9th at 2 pm.. We are regrouping and have lots of stuff you wont want to miss.. Cheryl

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
Klamath Falls "Charming Chicks Chapter" Mother Hen
Be sure to check us out
http://www.Klamathfallscharmingchicks.blogspot.com and my personal
Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Grandmas are mom's with more icing.
Go to Top of Page

cranberryrose55
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Jan
San Jose California
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  2:32:11 PM  Show Profile
Anyone doing a fermentation / canning / seed starting for our gardens group? I'm looking for ideas.
What have you all done as a group?
Urban Farm Chicks in San Jose, CA, will be starting up again.

A servant is one who gets excited about making somebody else successful!
anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  08:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello, farmgirls!!

I've started a new chapter in Texas called Bell County Belles. I'm still waiting on the Welcome Packet before I schedule a recruitment event, but if any of you ladies in Bell County are interested, please message me and let me know. I've started a facebook page that is still in its infancy, but you're welcome to follow that as well. Just search for "Bell County Belles" on facebook, and it will pop up. Just "like" the page, and you'll get any updates when they're posted. I'm hoping to affiliate with the Heart of Texas Farmgirls henhouse under the Prairies and Lakes region, but I'm still waiting to hear back on that. If not, we'll start our own Henhouse in the future.

I've found I'm just a little too far north of Austin to actively participate in a chapter down there, and the other Bell County chapter (in Belton) listed in the chapter search is no longer active. Right now I'm a chapter of one! You can help shape what you'd like the chapter to be, so hopefully some of you see this and will be interested in keeping me company. :-)

Hope to hear from you!
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #3754
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  12:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Sounds wonderful, Sharon!

Happy Farmgirl Sister #254

"An Apron:Its strings gently tug at us, tenderly, softly calling us to turn back to the old ways".-Above Rubies Magazine
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  11:31:31 AM  Show Profile
I don't know where to post this but I just received my Sisterhood Badge in the mail YAY! I can't wait to show it off.

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

AmyD
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Amy
Midland TX
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  11:54:07 AM  Show Profile
The Hippie Chicks from Midland/Odessa TX will be meeting for the first time Monday, Feb. 20, 6:30 - 8:30 at the Midland County Extension Office. We are very excited!! Keep us in your thoughts!
Hippie Chicks (MJ Farmgirl) on facebook!

Amy Dianne
Smile, it feels good!
Go to Top of Page

cranberryrose55
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Jan
San Jose California
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  7:35:11 PM  Show Profile
Hippie Chicks sound fun, too bad I'm on the West Coast.

A servant is one who gets excited about making somebody else successful!
anonymous
Go to Top of Page

suzeeez
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

sue
monson ma.
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  3:21:30 PM  Show Profile
How about some east coast farmgirls....are you here??? I'm looking for a chapter to join or start. I'm from Monson, Massachusetts !

MonsonGardenSue #3904
Go to Top of Page

Debra B
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Debra
Thaxton VA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  05:31:53 AM  Show Profile
I'm really wishing there were something close to me in Bedford County, VA.

Debra in Thaxton VA

Homeschooling mom to 6 beautiful blessings
Pastor Joe's wife
Go to Top of Page

CindyLous
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Cindy
Keizer OR
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  4:10:51 PM  Show Profile
Sweet Sisters in Keizer met for the first time on Saturday the third. It was so much fun. Our next meeting is going to be April 14 and we are having a fabric exchange. We have some great ideas cooking. I gave everyone that came a canning jar with some little surprises inside. I asked that they each do something with the jar to reuse, repurpose or pass it on. My little granddaughter just happened to be in attendance of course she took a jar to and is so excited she has turned hers into a money jar.
Go to Top of Page

cranberryrose55
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Jan
San Jose California
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  4:41:16 PM  Show Profile
Debra B,

Homeschooling blessings, mine are now in college. Everything is a season. Wish you lived near No. California, love to have you in Urban Farm Chicks.
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  1:25:52 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to drop in and lend a line of encouragement for all those just starting groups. For the LONGEST time we were three...now we are 20 strong! We are the Flower Sack Farmgirls and boys of Naperville,IL. I love each person in our group! I have watched as each new member has come in to the group and as each new freindship has grown. We have so much fun, lots of laughs and we are currently bustn' out of the livingroom, kitchen and garage when we work on projects. But we continue to grow in grace and knowledge as we take on each new task or skill monthly. We love our monthly chats, projects and time togeather. My wish is that your group is half as succesful and fun as ours! Thanks to MaryJane and Meg for bringing us all together!
Our Christmas Photo with our Farmgirls on the Loose t-shirts! Good luck with your group!

Love will make a way out of no way. -Lynda Barry

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

36paws20hooves
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Danielle
Weirsdale Florida
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  4:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone know if there is a Farmgirl chapter in Florida?

I'm so busy I don't know if I just found a rope or lost my horse!
Go to Top of Page

pinkprettygirl2004
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Christina
New York
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  05:47:58 AM  Show Profile
Hey everybody. I'm new to this, could anybody tell me if there is a farmgirl chapter for New York State? I have no idea where to start looking to join a chapter. Any help is appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  06:11:32 AM  Show Profile
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Chapters/Search.asp

There you go! Hope you find an active one near you!

~Hugs,
April :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic **Farmgirl Chapters Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page