Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic **Farmgirl Chapters Next Topic
Page: of 8

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  8:58:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks MollyMae! It was a good day. I must be influencing my DH in subtle ways, because he gave me a silicone muffin "tin" for my anniversary. I was rather surprised at the choice of a memento for 25 years of marriage. But then it all made sense to me. I will treasure it. It was in my favorite color of red, and something that I really did need, as I have been using the same, battered, black muffin tin from 1980. Guys, ya gotta love 'em!

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  10:21:05 PM  Show Profile
That is so sweet, Jenny, I'm glad you had such a nice day!

ps. Men are so practical, aren't they?

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2005 :  11:00:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Connie,

Could you add me to the mail art list? This sounds like so much fun. Thanks.

Kay

Proud Member of North Clark County Farmgirls
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  10:29:58 AM  Show Profile
connie, Please if you need any help what so ever please ask. I don't want to just sit here while you organize everything. Unless you have everything under control, sometimes it's more work to have someone help. I just wanted you to know I can help with whatever. I'm so happy to be involved. It's fun to be part of a farm girl chapter especialy a global one. Helen in New Zealous was the first person I sent to, it was exciting to send it off across the Deep Blue. thanks for everything and just ask if ya need anything.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  2:34:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Girls

Kay If you would like to join in the mail art fun, please send me an email (conniekallenberg@msn.com) with your snail mail address and a brief sentence giving me permission to add your info to our mailing list which is distributed to everyone. Thanks.

Melissa Would you have any interest in coordinating the mail art Farm Girl Chapter while I continue to be the contact for the actual mail art project? I would continue to maintain the list and be the contact person for updates if you would like to do the chapter work (or perhaps we could find a way to split the chapter work if necessary). I already have about 15 certificates, bumper stickers etc that I could send out and then you could take over by ordering a couple of more Farm Girl chapter kits. I do think that the mail art list will continue to grow!!!!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  4:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, 5 have been sent and another 5 off tomorrow I hope.. Would like to post to all on the list. And the global chapter sounds good to me. :)
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  4:53:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh, just one thing, when you are sending in your addresses,could please put what country, as the post office asked this.I said all USA I guess. With just the town and postcode I haven't a glue which country. :( Sorry to be a pain
Anyway they told me to put my address on the back, so if not sent to right country they will come back hopefully and I will try again
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  7:31:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Helen,

US postal codes are all numbers. The East coast numbers start with 0 (zero) and the West coast with 9, and there's everything in between! They are most often just 5 digits, but can be up to 9 and look like this: 98802-5142.

Canadian postal codes alternate numbers and letters such as this:
T0M 0V0, translated is: T 0 (zero) M, -space- O (zero) V O (zero).

Hope this helps!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb

Edited by - Clare on Jun 29 2005 7:32:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  9:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Connie, most certainly. I'm not sure where to start. But I can take over from where you leave off. I'm sure I can figure out where to order more kits. I have been updating the list every time you add a new contact so I believe I'm up to date on that. I'll get started tomorrow. Melissa

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  9:11:19 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I just went out to see about ordering more chapter kits. I realize I have to contact CindyLou. But first I guess I must figure out how many ladies we have in this ever growing group. And how much of the kit you already have and may be get a little extra since like I said this is an ever growing group.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  09:30:58 AM  Show Profile
Hey Miss Connie,
There is talk of a qiult being started for the chapters. I would like to make a square for our global mail art chapter. What do a think?

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  4:34:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Clare, yes that helps very much :)
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2005 :  3:38:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls

This is actually going out to Marlyn. Wanted to wish you a Happy Canada Day. Have been reading about this holiday and wanted to be certain to send greetings to you!

Would love to have you join in the fun of our mailart project/chapter.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Young
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Cindy
Allendale MI
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  07:28:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi farmgals,
How does one go about finding a Farmgirl Chapter in my area? I am in Michigan, on the west side, not far from Lake Michigan. Most of my friends are NOT farmgirls, but there are a few who have farmgirl hearts, and are raising chickens, goats, bunnies, etc. My current goal is to get a chicken coop put up and get some baby chicks here before the snow flies!!! (hopefully in the next 2 weeks) (not the snow...the coop!!!)
Thanks,
Cindy

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2Timothy 4:7
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  09:12:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy, You can start a chapter of your own! Just email cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org to get a chapter kit. Or you can ask her if there is one already in your area. You certainly don't have to live on a farm to have a Farmgirl chapter.

I'm doing my chickens next spring so planning the coop and chicken yard over the winter. Welcome!

Kay
North Clark County Farmgirls
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2005 :  09:40:43 AM  Show Profile
Connie,
I emailed CindyLou about the starting our global mail art chapter. She hasn't emailed back yet but it's only been a day or two. I asked her what she thinks about how many to order. We have 30 ladies right now and as you know it's ever growing so I say may be 2-3 kits. I'm going to email you my list of Ladies so you can check it against yours to make sure it's up to date I don't want to leave anyone out.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2005 :  08:51:29 AM  Show Profile
Ohhhh, I am SO in!! I just emailed Connie about the mail art, and I'd LOVE to be a part of the Mail Art Chapter, too! :D How very cool!
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  10:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Just wondering if there are Farmgirl Chapters doing anything besides the mail art? If so let's hear from you! I have invited two other farm girls so far and they are very excited and have told me ideas of what they want to do for our group. One has a donkey and a horse, so we will go to her place and help feed them and just hang out with them. One suggestion is to go to Carver's U-Pick farm for picking whatever what is ready for pickin' and cannin.' Which means I need to collect canning jars. I got rid of them all years ago. We also talked about making things...like the Harvest apron. This will be our first meeting project. I am sure the ideas are endless. It could be fun to get a batch of the same fabric and they will all match or we could all bring our own fabric. I saw some small print cotton fabric at Walmart today in brown and white. The price was $1.00 a yard...where else can you find fabric for that price? This would be great for the fall. They also had ginghams in all different colors...also for a $1.00 a yard. You have to look on the sale rack for these $1.00 a yard fabrics. Just ask the salespeople there.

Any other ideas for things to do?

Pamela

"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice scream!"
Go to Top of Page

BuckBellHill
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Fern
Belfast Tennessee
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  8:18:34 PM  Show Profile
This seems like the right place to make a call for all Tennessee/Kentucky/Southeast farm girls...I can't really tell if and where chapters are already formed near me. I live in Middle Tennessee and would really love to join or start an active and lively chapter...

Fern of Buck Bell Hill, Belfast, TN.
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  06:52:07 AM  Show Profile
Hey there Fern...I'm in Kentucky as well. Do any of you know of any KY Chapters going on?

Jessica ~ Lexington, Kentucky
(Miss Wilma's Niece)
"Sit down and sit awhile on the front porch of life..."
Go to Top of Page

BuckBellHill
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Fern
Belfast Tennessee
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  07:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jessica: I'm not sure about kentucky chapters either...i'm new here...but i'm going to keep a list of those that respond in the southeast area and maybe we can all decide to form a southeast chapter if there aren't enough just in kentucky or just in tennessee? What do you think?

Fern of Buck Bell Hill
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  11:12:23 AM  Show Profile
That would be a wonderful idea if we can get a southeast chapter a rolling if there are not a lot in KY & TN. :-)

Jessica ~ Lexington, Kentucky
(Miss Wilma's Niece)
"Sit down and sit awhile on the front porch of life..."
Go to Top of Page

bbohus1
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Beverly
Chicago IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  12:10:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi i would love to belong to an online art project group. the truth is I work as a nurse and my ability to meet anyone other than my cat after my work is done is limited but i am very earnest once comitted and I would love this. Tell me what to do who to e-mail etc.

Just tryin to get back to the country
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  3:09:48 PM  Show Profile

Hi farmgirls! Welcome to the Farmgirl Connection Forum!! You will meet an amazing group of women here! Please go to the Farmgirl Barter / Swap Shop Forum for all the information on the Mail Art project. Clare has been kind enough to put a post there so the information is easy to find.
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  3:27:23 PM  Show Profile
I would join the mail art chapter too!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic **Farmgirl Chapters Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page