Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Finish Those UFOs in 2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Finish Those UFOs in 2019 Next Topic
Page: of 5

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  9:38:01 PM  Show Profile
You're off to a great start Kim. Can we see it?

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

"When life gets super crazy, do your art. It helps you remember the exquisite, imaginary, delightful, lovely side of what is otherwise sometimes a bit much" Sylvia Olsen
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2019 :  1:11:05 PM  Show Profile
I finally finished my second UFO! It's a wood block Christmas train. The center part of the train is an open box so it can hold candy canes. My oldest is obsessed with trains so he's going to love that mommy finally finished it! But he is going to have to wait 10 months before we put it up lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2019 :  4:29:09 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Very nice, Krista

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2019 :  4:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many UFOs to list them.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2019 :  7:45:05 PM  Show Profile
Quiltee,,, me tooo!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2019 :  7:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'll bet I WIN!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2019 :  11:58:47 AM  Show Profile
Krista, you wooden train is adorable!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2019 :  11:55:08 AM  Show Profile
Thanks you Linda and Bonnie! It took me awhile because it had so many different components, but I'm excited it's finished.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  11:50:53 AM  Show Profile
Love the train, Krista. Your kids will definitely love setting it out next Christmas!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

"When life gets super crazy, do your art. It helps you remember the exquisite, imaginary, delightful, lovely side of what is otherwise sometimes a bit much" Sylvia Olsen
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  1:05:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jill. I agree. I'm excited to set it out myself!

How is everyone's UFOs coming?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  2:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'm working on several UFO projects at the same time - Jubilee quilt top out of 10" squares from Farmgirl-themed swap I hosted several years ago, red/white quilt out of Broken Sugar Bowl pattern from blockc swap at my quilt guild, several scrappy projects and quilt tops from MORE 10" squares from swaps several years ago, several quilt kits/patterns I had to have over the years, and the lisit goes on ... and on ... and on ..... I will post Finished UFOs are they are finished.

I have a LOT of quilt tops, and I do mean a lot, that need to be sold as tops for others to finish or take to the longarm quilter to finish. Tops: one is 6-1/2" squares from a swap, one is triangles from a swap, two are house blocks from several Facebook swaps that are held yearly by someone I know (and if anyone is interested I can give you the info on how to join), etc.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2019 :  12:42:36 PM  Show Profile
These are the 16 squares I have from my husband's great-grandmother's quilt. I soaked them in an Oxi-Clean-like cleaner and they came out great. Just a little color run on the red stitching, but that was expected and I was able to rinse most of it away. The water turned brown like tea from all the yuck that had built up in the fabric. :P

Now they are all clean, repaired, and pressed other than poor Myrtle's square. The fabric she had chosen had already fallen to pieces, so I carefully picked apart the block and was able to see that the bad fabric had, at one time, been a floral print and not just white. I'll find a suitable fabric and remake her block. Then, because I know there are some blocks that I removed years ago and are still out there, I'll do an all-out search of my house to see if I can find them. If I don't, oh well, I'll just make a quilt. :)

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog

Edited by - msdoolittle on Feb 27 2019 12:44:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2019 :  1:14:52 PM  Show Profile
Wow Amanda that is looking great! It looks so vibrant now. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Linda you sound super busy. I seem to work better sometimes when I jump around on my projects that take longer. This helps me to not get board or burned out on the project. Also I tend to get excited about more than one thing at a time. dang Pinterest!

I started another UFO yesterday and got about 3/4 done. I'm hoping to get the rest completed tonight once the kiddos go to bed.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2019 :  1:22:41 PM  Show Profile
Linda, let me know on the swaps; I would like to learn more.

Krista, thanks! I am just glad to get another thing checked off of my list. :P I love your train. It reminds me of some projects my mom used to do. :)

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  12:23:58 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Amanda. What did your mom make? I always love new ideas!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2019 :  10:09:32 AM  Show Profile
Krista, I love your train! Reminds me of my mom too!

Amanda, I am loving that you are rescuing that quilt!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2019 :  10:24:55 AM  Show Profile
I have been cutting my fabric stash into jolly bars 5 inch by 10 inch rectangles and 5 inch squares . Now to try to sew them together. My sewing skills are weak.

Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2019 :  08:18:09 AM  Show Profile
Krista, back in the 80s when painting on wood was the hot thing, my mom did all sorts of folk painting. I remember a train, a chicken, a cat puzzle, reindeer...I don't think she still has any of it now, though! :(

Judith, I love 'helping' old quilts and giving them life again. So much work goes into them that it pains me to see them not being used. lol

Ruthie Ann, That sounds like fun! My sewing skills ain't great but I get a little better with every stitch. Quarter inch seams, chain piecing, finger pressing, and proper iron pressing skills are my friends! ;)

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2019 :  1:00:55 PM  Show Profile
That is so awesome Amanda! I love working with wood and painting it. It's so relaxing. I am currently working on another UFO wood project and it has reindeer on it. It will take me awhile to finish but I'm excited.

Thank you Judith!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2019 :  1:03:24 PM  Show Profile
I did finish another UFO on Friday. I finally finished a frozen winter wreath. I have had the stuff for over 3 years now. I'm super glad to have one more thing checked off my list! I'm going to leave it up for this week and then take it down until next year.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2019 :  1:10:19 PM  Show Profile
I love that you are rehabilitating the old quilt Amanda! Krista, that's a beautiful wreath. I wish we could click on the pictures to expand them. Is it beads in the centre?

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2019 :  1:18:45 PM  Show Profile
I have had that exact same thought Jill. There have been times I have wanted to zoom in as well. No the center is snow flakes. They are very thin ornaments that I cut the strings off of and glued on.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2019 :  1:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2019 :  2:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Amanda & Krista.. you gals ROCK!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Mar 04 2019 2:24:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2019 :  5:31:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh Amanda!! Just love your rescue quilt and its so incredibly special!

Krista, that wreath ROCKS!!!! My daughter would love me to make her one BUT, still working on those last 2 aprons!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Finish Those UFOs in 2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page