Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Finish Those UFOs in 2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Finish Those UFOs in 2019 Next Topic
Page: of 5

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2019 :  11:18:07 AM  Show Profile
Organizing the card supplies is a finished UFO. Congratulations Michelle.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2019 :  1:42:38 PM  Show Profile
You ladies are doing great. Wish I only had 7 UFOs. Maybe 7 boxes! I did finish a project but not a UFO. I was asked to crochet some hats for the magic yarn project so now that they are finished I am starting on all these unfinished things laying around. Though I decided to make pillowcases for the grands for Valentines. Okay when they are finished I will start. Now that my name is on the list I have to do it! Thanks for holding me accountable, my friends!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2019 :  12:55:23 PM  Show Profile
I totally get it Kim! I keep getting side tracked from my UFOs to work on new projects. I need more hours in my day. Then I might be caught up lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2019 :  3:55:35 PM  Show Profile
Working on the Halloween table topper I started for my daughter. On the hand quilting part. I work on it in the late morning and evening so I should have it finished before too long. This thread is great for keeping accountable to get it done.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2019 :  8:45:00 PM  Show Profile
Well I have a whole tub of fleece to add to my UFO box. Thought I used it all up but I guess not. So I am making blankets . I found 5 blanket kits to finish up . Presents and donation boxes here I come.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2019 :  8:46:05 PM  Show Profile
UFO badge here I come .
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2019 :  5:23:10 PM  Show Profile
I started painting a UFO today. It shouldn't take me to long other than drying time. I'm ready to get my first UFO done. Especially since it's 2 years old.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2019 :  6:03:06 PM  Show Profile
Ohhh, sounds wonderful Krista and Ruthie Ann!! I've finished 4 of the eco printed utility aprons with one to go and then.....tackling my full sized apron! ( its been sitting in the closet cut out since i joined MJ. Yikes)
Would love to see your painting Krista!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2019 :  8:37:44 PM  Show Profile
I got out my sewing machine this evening and mended 3 pairs of jeans that have been sitting since last summer and I made a waterproof apron since my old one was worn out. The apron wasn't a UFO but the jeans were. It will be a blessing to have them again. Felt good to get them out of my sewing/craft room and back in the dresser.

Can't wait to see what you're painting Krista.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

"When life gets super crazy, do your art. It helps you remember the exquisite, imaginary, delightful, lovely side of what is otherwise sometimes a bit much" Sylvia Olsen

Edited by - jillyd on Jan 30 2019 8:38:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2019 :  12:10:00 PM  Show Profile
Great job Dianna and Jill on completing some UFOs! Still didn't finish mine. I have been side tracked with a super sick dog. I think she might finally be on the mend. I'm going to finish it tonight. I will be sure to share a picture!

Krista

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  5:07:52 PM  Show Profile
ok, I pulled out a cross-stitch project that I started several years ago, ... it is 2/3's finished... maybe I will complete it by tonight,,, maybe... heeheehee...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  11:44:02 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see pictures, Krista and Grace!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

"When life gets super crazy, do your art. It helps you remember the exquisite, imaginary, delightful, lovely side of what is otherwise sometimes a bit much" Sylvia Olsen
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  7:19:30 PM  Show Profile
Finished my first UFO! About 2 years ago my dog got ahold of one of my wood blocks and chewed it. I have been using it still since then but have always wanted to remake a replacement. I finally got it done! I'm so excited to see it all pretty again. Of course since it's been 2 years the wood styles have changed, but I still like it.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  08:38:41 AM  Show Profile
Krista, that is so cute! Still working on pillowcases.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  10:23:25 AM  Show Profile
Krista... your pup knew you secretly wanted to make another letter "F" .. heeheehee!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  2:03:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kim and Grace! Grace, she is a little stinker. I'm so glad she is finally out of her chewing stage. She was even known for stealing my kids stuff animals and tearing them apart. I'm just glad I got it finished before I Spring time lol.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  08:43:15 AM  Show Profile
That's lovely Krista, you're very talented.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  5:20:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Jill! It's such an addiction for me. Crafting is what keeps my sanity! Probably why I end up with so many projects!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  6:22:57 PM  Show Profile
I decided to finish UFOs this year, too. Due to tendonitis, i had to let my crochet and knitting go. It honestly is a blessing. Now I can focus on sewing and quilting. I finished two five year old quilts, and many other small projects I had in my sewing box. Now I'm in a block of the month club, but I am using my new skills to help me finish UFOs. I'm really excited about it!!!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog

Edited by - msdoolittle on Feb 13 2019 6:24:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2019 :  09:17:39 AM  Show Profile
The block letters are BEAUTIFUL Krista and you did a great job matching it with your other letters!!! Yea, one UFO done for 2019, huh?

Still working on these aprons! I am an awful seamstress/ sew-er lol! I procrastinate so much when it comes to that!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2019 :  02:56:32 AM  Show Profile
everyone is working hard, good job. The projects are beautiful that everyone is doing. I have kind of stalled out lately. Can't get interested in anything. I did finally make soap last weekend and hope to do two more batches this weekend. But that is not a ufo, just something that needed to get done. As far as ufo's i seem to be making more then finishing. Got to get inspired.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2019 :  12:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Amanda! You are off to a great start!

Thanks Dianna! I am super happy to have one down. I need to decide what I'm doing next. I keep starting new projects which isn't helping lol. But it's time to get one more finished.

I am the same way Michele. I keep starting new projects and not even finishing any old ones. And this year has just been crazy. There is just so much I want to do I can't stay focused.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2019 :  09:47:51 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Krista, they look great.
Amanda, you are an inspiration. I'm still working on my whole quilt. This is year 5. To my defense, it is a king size, what was I thinking LOL

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2019 :  09:54:23 AM  Show Profile
Krista, those are so cute! I decided I don't want any more UFOs...I have given so many UFOs to thrift stores. Ughhhh. So I am determined to keep on knocking out these really old projects one at a time. When I am all done I think I deserve a reward of more fabric or something. LOL

Theresa, I know what you mean!!! And if you are hand piecing/quilting.... :O Even more work!

This weekend I finished my February block of the month and made a dish drying mat for our counters. Tired of using 2-3 little towels so I made a quilted 25" x 25" square yesterday. It is "ugly as sin" as we say, but it will get the job done. At least the fabric is cute.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  9:14:37 PM  Show Profile
I actually finished my first UFO! It was a knitted scarf. Now to figure out what to do next.

Kim
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Finish Those UFOs in 2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page