Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Welcome New Sisterhood Members
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Welcome New Sisterhood Members Next Topic
Page: of 2

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  1:15:54 PM  Show Profile
I want to give a huge Farmgirl welcome to all the wonderful Farmgirls who are new and renewing members to the Sisterhood! I seen the list in the new MaryJanesFarm Sister Issue and can you believe it?! We have 205 new members! Welcome ladies! I hope to hear from you all soon and get to know you better!

Krista

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6475 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6475 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  04:53:11 AM  Show Profile
Let me join in with Krista with a big WELCOME to our new and returning Farmgirls in the Sisterhood to MJF Chatroom!! I hope you will join us in conversations here and share what interests you. Please know that you can always email me if you have any questions or just want to have a buddy to get started. We are all here to help you join in so don't be shy!! MJF has been a source of wonderful friendships, fun conversations, forums of helpful sharing, and lots of love and support in other good and difficullt times.

So, new friends.......what have you been up to? We all would love to meet you and get a peak into your Farmgirl interests.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6366 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6366 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  08:45:35 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to all our new Farmgirl Sisters, this is a wonderful place to be!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9185 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9185 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  09:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Let me add my welcome to the ones above to all the new farmgirls joining us! And also to the renewing gals!
Looking forward to getting to know you here on the forum. It's a wonderful place to be.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 10 2019 09:43:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  7:30:51 PM  Show Profile
One can never have enough "Sisters "...
>^••^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  12:38:55 PM  Show Profile
I agree Grace! Especially since I don't have any real sisters. I can never have to many!!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2019 :  10:13:20 AM  Show Profile
Welcome all new sisters . So glad your here .
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

lorib1211
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Lori
Canyon Country CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2019 :  9:05:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters, Let me introduce myself, I’m Lori, from California. I,ve been a farm girl at heart since five years old- way beyond that age now! The only piece of a farm I have left living in trafficked Los Angeles is a small garden and a loving dog. I love nature, animals and home grown anything, oh, and down to earth deep friendships with sisters. God bless you all.#128149;
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6475 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6475 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2019 :  2:53:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lori, and WELCOME to the MJF Sisterhood!! There are many sisters here who also love a small garden so be sure to follow those links as plots get planted and Summer planting begins. Enjoy our community and I hope you will share your thoughts as you wander through all the links on various topics.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2019 :  12:26:35 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Lori! It's so wonderful to hear from you. I too have a small garden. It works best for our situation but I sure do love it! I hope you are enjoying your time here so far and do let us know if you have any questions!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

sippolac
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Corinne
Trenton Ontario
Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  5:13:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
Allow me to introduce myself: I'm a nature-loving Canadian girl who loves to garden. I've got no biological sisters either, but am glad to have lots of farm sisters! I've never jointed a chat room before, so this will be a new experience for me.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2019 :  12:41:50 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Corinne! It's so very nice to meet you! How are you liking the chat room so far? There is always so much to do and learn about from all the Farm Sisters. What else do you like to do besides garden? I have a small raised garden and love growing veggies for my family. I hope so see you around!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Connie86413
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Connie
Farmington New Mexico
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  09:16:38 AM  Show Profile
[font=Impact]Oh! I am so excited to be part of the MaryJaneFarm Farmgirl Connection. I live in northwestern Arizona on a cute little farm. I took care of my mom until her passing last May at the age of 92, and I recreated a farm for her to enjoy while she was with us. She always talked about the farm she grew up on in Oklahoma. She loved milking the goats and talking to the cows and chickens. We currently have 1 big horse named Irish, two mini horses named Monster and Poneigh, two cutest ever goats named Frankie and Jonnie, two Road Island Red hens named Stella and Stellaroo, and four White Leghorn hens all appropriately named Harriett (can't tell them apart LOL), and two very noisy guinea hens named Larry and Larry's stupid sister. Oh yes and of course my cat named Sammie. She is quite famous! She is in a book called "The Adventures of Piwacket and Sammie". I have a huge garden and want to explore herbs this season. I love to be outside with my critters and the incredible Mother Nature. I am 66 years old and having the time of my life. Oh yes, I must not forget that I love to cook, do crafts, meet new people and I have the best hubby ever![/font=Impact]

Connie
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  1:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Connie! I'm so happy to have you join us. You sound like a very busy woman with many animals. I love all of their names, but Larry's stupid sister had me cracking up! Did you write the book about Sammie? I only have 2 dogs right now, but we will expand on our animals once we have some land. I hope you are enjoying the forum so far and that you find many new Farmgirl Sisters to connect with. Keep having the most amazing time of your life! See you around.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Connie86413
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Connie
Farmington New Mexico
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2019 :  08:53:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I did write the book "The Adventures of Piwacket, Sammie and Friends". What kind of dogs do you have? We would love to have a dog, but finding one that will not chase my guineas and cat is rare. Always wanting to rescue someones throwaway! My guineas roam free because they kill rattlesnakes and we have plenty of those!
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2019 :  7:24:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from Minnesota Connie. It is great to have you. Cool sounding book!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6475 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6475 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2019 :  06:43:15 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Connie to our online MJF Community!! I loved hearing about your farm and all of the beloved critters. It all sounds like a wonderful adventure out there in Arizona. If you have a chance, pleas post some photos of your farm friends as we all love to share our beloved animals with each other! Your herb garden plans sound interesting and you will have to keep us updated on what happens. Herbs are fascinating and both useful and full of historical importance.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2019 :  12:18:26 PM  Show Profile
Connie, way to go on the book! I will have to check it out! The dogs I have are an Anatolian Great Dane and a Border Collie Mix. My Great Dance would be wonderful with all your pets. She is the calmest gentle giant you will ever find. Her name is Zakell and all of my kids adore her. My Boder Collie would not be good with your little animals. I wouldn't suggest that bread. They tend to be bossy and I don't like that! Lol. Her name is Adalyn. Other than her herding tendency she's a great dog. I hope you guys can find you the perfect dog someday. Dogs hold a special place in my heart.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Connie86413
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Connie
Farmington New Mexico
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2019 :  11:22:13 AM  Show Profile
Doesn't the Anatolian look similar to a St. Bernard? What a great mix! I love Great Danes. My last dog, who passed away from a twisted intestine, was a Blue Merle Great Dane. He topped out at 205#! Big boy. His nickname was Joker. That is when I learned that you never put a dogs food or water bowl on ground level. Always raised. Yes, I imagine a Great Dane would be a perfect companion for all my critters. They are so lovable! My second fav is the Border Collie. They are so smart, but yes bossy too. LOL It wouldn't be a good match for me because as I understand it, you have to have a job for them to be happy and I don't think my goats would appreciate being herded around! LOLOL Animals top my list of very favorite things. I just joined a killpen rescue group and I am hoping to rescue some mini horses this year. Breaks my heart to see people toss their animals away.

Connie
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2019 :  11:29:36 AM  Show Profile
Yes. The Anatolian does look similar to a St. Bernard. I love a Great Danes too! They are my absolute favorite and I plan to always have one. I'm so sorry to hear about your Great Dane. Losing our fur babies is the worst. I lost my Alaskan Malamute in March of last year and that was really hard on me. Wow! He was a big boy! My girl is only about 110. She is skinny but isn't food motivated. So we always try and help her put on some pounds. When we had her fix we had her stomach stapled to help prevent the twisting. We read before hand that the twisting was extremely common in Great Danes and we wanted to help prevent it. So far we have been lucky. Oh yes! The Border Collies have to stay busy. And if they aren't they WHINE! And oh my goodness is that whining annoying lol! She could chase a thrown ball for hours. My guess is the goats wouldn't like it either. You are such a wonderful person. There needs to be more rescue groups. I wish I could rescue more animals. I just don't have the room. Once my kids are grown, I will have more time for more animals. I would love to see the mini horses you rescue! It breaks my heart too. And there are way to many people who do.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2019 :  11:38:52 AM  Show Profile
Connie this is an old picture but it's the best picture I have of my little ladies! And that's because it was professionally done lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2019 :  11:44:57 AM  Show Profile
Cool pictures!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Connie86413
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Connie
Farmington New Mexico
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  5:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Krista, OMG they are adorable!!!!I love them, they are precious. I sure wish I have know about stapling the stomach to prevent twisting. But I know now, and with the hope of getting another one soon, I will most definitely inquire with the vet about doing that. I would love to post pics of my babies, but I can't seem to find out how to attach photos. Any helpful suggestions?....Thanks!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2019 :  12:51:41 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie and Connie, thank you! They are such sweethearts! I definitely suggest you talk with your vet about it. I feel like it was worth every penny. I would love to see some pictures of your babies. Yes I can definitely show you how to add pictures! Let me grab a screenshot real quick!

Krista

Edited by - MaryJanesNiece on Feb 20 2019 12:55:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2019 :  12:55:11 PM  Show Profile
Connie, the button circled in purple is the one you click on to upload a photo! Hope that helps. Let me know if doesn't.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Connie86413
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Connie
Farmington New Mexico
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2019 :  11:15:34 AM  Show Profile
Thank you! I have been trying to load them, but we have -so far- 11 inches of snow here in the high desert and this has slowed everything including our internet down. So, I have not forgotten you. Will try again later today. i have great photos of my mini horses rolling in the snow! Such sillies...Thank you again!

Connie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Welcome New Sisterhood Members Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page