Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Look at these crochet books!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Look at these crochet books! Next Topic  

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  2:23:08 PM  Show Profile
Check out these crochet and knit books! My grandma gave them to me the other day and said they were her mothers! I have been enjoying looking through them. Most of them are from the 1940s. I seen a really pretty Christmas doilies that I want to make. I'm so glad my grandma decided to share them with me.

Krista

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  3:06:42 PM  Show Profile
How cool is that!
To think you are touching with your fingers the very same pages where your great grandmother's fingerprints were left.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  4:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have quite a few of those older pattern ooklets. Some were my grandmother's and my mother's, and some we got from Ed's sister's house when she passed away. I also have a lot of the older Annie's Attic booklets. They are fun to look through; some of the patterns I would never make, some I've made, and some I MAY make someday.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  4:45:27 PM  Show Profile
I've got a pattern book from 1910. In it there are patterns for knitwear to send to the troops in World War I. Such a cool historical document.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2018 :  4:46:21 PM  Show Profile
Krista, your new family treasures are wonderful. Just to be the keeper of your Grandma's pattern books is fun and I bet there will be projects that you will find fun to make. Your Grandma would be so happy that her books landed in your care where they will be loved and used!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2018 :  2:47:45 PM  Show Profile
My thoughts exactly, Nancy. It's my way of connecting with family I haven't met.

Linda, I was doing the same thing as a looked through them. There was some that I knew I would never want to make and some that I would love to make. I found the images to be the most interesting. It seems like they are very vague compared to patterns of this time frame.

Marie, that is very fascinating. How cool would that have been to send the troops some of your work.

Winnie, I agree. I hope to be able to continue to pass them on down and teach my little girl how to crochet one day as well.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Look at these crochet books! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page