Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 What are you having for Christmas lunch/dinner?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What are you having for Christmas lunch/dinner? Next Topic  

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2018 :  1:04:51 PM  Show Profile
I am curious what everyone is having for Christmas this year? Turkey, ham, roast beef, fish? As for myself and the family, we will be enjoying a salad, turkey, mashed sweet potatoes, mixed grilled vegetables.

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2018 :  03:53:43 AM  Show Profile
merry christmas, we all gather at my mom and dads. Ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato, and everyone brings something. I am bring slush, and not sure what else. I will have to decide soon. lol

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2018 :  06:56:20 AM  Show Profile
It is just Hubby and I here on the west coast. We don't usually have a fancy dinner.

For Christmas morning I make Hubby a ham and cheddar cheese quiche. I make for myself a salmon and white cheese quiche.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2018 :  1:55:06 PM  Show Profile
What is slush? Never heard of it. We are having turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes mixed with winter squash. green beans. deviled eggs and cranberry sauce. Rolls too. We like a traditional meal---plus the turkey was on sale for 59 cents a pound---we are having a hard candy Christmas since hubby got hurt and we are on half pay---but we both grew up poor so we are actually enjoying being tight wads---LOL> Is slush a fruit salad?

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2018 :  03:10:48 AM  Show Profile
lol barbara, slush is a drink. 2 cups water and 4 tea bags, bring to hot and steep, 4 cups water 2 cups sugar, boiled till sugar dissolved, 1 can frozen orange juice, 1 can frozen lemonaid, 2 cups of booze. This year i have Brandy slush. put in ice cream bucket, and freeze. Then mix up the icy slush, as the booze does not freeze, and add about half a glass of slush and fill with 7 up or sprite. Enjoy. I call it a medicinal dirnk for the winter time. lol. If you make sloe gin slush you use only 1/2 cup sugar. Any booze works, i have used gin, vodka, sloe gin, brandy, and even mixed a few. yummy

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2018 :  07:46:54 AM  Show Profile
I figured that out when I looked it up on the computer. I think we used to call it spiked punch and Wayne's Grain in college when everybody quit going to his parties because he put hundred proof alcohol in his punch. LOL and know that what you made is just for fun---not to pass people out. Also got into a vodka soaked watermelon once and that was enough for me---LOL and Merry Christmas.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2018 :  3:20:07 PM  Show Profile
We always have ham sandwiches, a side, and chips. Very simple and easy. I don't recall ever having a fancy Christmas meal. And to be honest I am just fine saving the fancy meals for Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. There is so much going on Christmas Day that a quick sandwich works fantastic.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What are you having for Christmas lunch/dinner? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page