Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers and guidance needed ASAP!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers and guidance needed ASAP!!! Next Topic  

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2018 :  10:13:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirl Sisters,
I hate to burden you but my hubby and I need your prayers and support in a big way. I will try to keep this short as I can.

We are getting our house ready for sale and need to paint the exterior. We made an appointment for last weekend but had to postpone due to rain. We notified both neighbors in writing hand delivered that we are going to have the house painted.. Well the neighbor to the east has a large RV parked on his property next to ours. Hubby went over this evening to remind him if the power wash on Tuesday and painting on Thursday to Saturday so he can park his rig down the street like he always does when he wants to move it. He told Hubby this evening that he won't move it and it is our responsibility to make sure his property us protected. He said he shouldn't have to be inconvenience and that he will sue us if there is even one drop of paint on his driveway. He states he isn't allowed to park the RV on the street for more than 24 hrs or he will get a ticket. Basically he just doesn't want to meet the "reason person standard law" or be a decent neighbor. He is telling a lie about the 24hr limit because it is actually 72hrs. He doesn't realize Hubby and I have a computer and know how to turn it on. I was so angry with this 25yr old person I had very hateful thoughts. When I calmed down I was heartsick for letting hate build inside. It is just this person has been so meanspirited to us almost from the time he moved in last year. He dumps trash and debris on our property all the time. I am talking construction debris such as cement bricks, wood from a tree he cut down, pieces of a metal awning. I took pictures and then moved it back. We have asked him to move it and He keeps doing it anyway.

I have a good friend that is a police officer and he explained the "reasonable person standard" in civil law. If we gave him plenty of notice and he refuses to work with us he CAN sue us but he won't win.

Sorry for my rant being long. Please keep us in prayer. Please pray for me that bitterness for this person is taken away. Thanks for reading and sorry if there are any typos.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2018 :  09:50:19 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you and your husband. You notified him in advance, so that should cover you. I'll pray for your neighbor as well, sounds like he is a Grinch.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2018 :  10:03:07 AM  Show Profile
Thank Vanessa I appreciate it.

TW

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2018 :  4:06:58 PM  Show Profile
Praying for your anger to go away Nancy. I get angry when people won't even try to be nice. I have known so many hateful people. Some people just get a thrill out of being mean. For your sake please try to forgive him and let the anger go. Although that is hard I know. I would have probably said something to him and made it worse. You have controlled your emotions so you are ahead. Try to keep being nice about it and maybe he will move it. I am so glad I don't have any close neighbors. Hang in there and get that painting done and over with.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2018 :  4:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Praying Nancy!
Take care!

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2018 :  6:16:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Barbara and Darlene,
All you gals are great. We will have to wait and see. We went over tonight to talk to him and have him sign an agreement to allow our painters to enter his property to cover his RV. At first he refused without even reading it. We asked him to please read it. He picked it apart but then agreed to sign it and did. We were very polite and professional. I think he realized we meant business. Well we will see. Thanks again for your prayers and support.

TW

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2018 :  4:59:05 PM  Show Profile
Praying for the situation there Nancy.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2018 :  11:20:10 PM  Show Profile
Nancy,, uugh! it sucks when you get a 'nasty neighbor'...
Hugz for you guys...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2018 :  09:53:45 AM  Show Profile
So I would print out the text of the reasonable person standard law along with a nice letter asking him again how the painting of the house can be handled in a fair way for both of you. Include a copy of the statue that says he can park his RV for 72 hours on the street. At the bottom of the letter make a list of the other people this letter and the attachments are being sent to: mayor, sheriff, county commissioner, house inspector etc. Have his letter delivered so that he has to sign for it. Let him know that you want to be reasonable and to keep it simple for both of you. Be incredibly nice to this person at all times.

It is perfectly natural to be angry. How the anger is handled is the important part. Remember we are all fighting our own battles so kindness is necessary.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Dec 12 2018 09:55:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2018 :  1:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Great idea Marie
The problem is he waited until the last hour to inform us. I will look into this though.

TW

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2018 :  5:06:49 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I hope this neighbor conflict won't get out of hand and you can move forward with preparing your land for your move. It is awful to have such a stubborn neighbor!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2018 :  7:26:05 PM  Show Profile
So sorry this is happening to you. Seems like you have been right on top of what needs to be done. I hope this works out for you. Sending prayers.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Farmgirl #5554
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2018 :  6:49:45 PM  Show Profile
Well we got the house painted. So far so good but will stil need prayer. This person next door has serious issues and appears to target us.

Marie I did find a database of our city's codes. He has violated several of them. I have a copy with highlites ready for him. There is a lot more to tell but I won't bore you all with that.

Thanks again for your support. I love you all.

TW

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2018 :  5:50:09 PM  Show Profile
Glad the house has been painted. Hang in there.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Farmgirl #5554
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2018 :  6:01:56 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for you, Nancy. Nobody wants to go through all of the turmoil with crabby neighbors while preparing to move. Moving is stressful enough. Sounds like you got it together and are ready to hold off his attacks on you. Best of luck. I'm glad you got the house painted.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers and guidance needed ASAP!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page