Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Who Remembers Talc Powder Tins?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Who Remembers Talc Powder Tins? Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2018 :  8:04:41 PM  Show Profile
I remember my American grandma's dresser,, with her matching brush and mirror set, a bottle of 'White Shoulders" and a tin of Talcum Powder.
I remember my mom also having Avon brand talc powder, "Occur" and "Topaz" where her favorites.

While unpacking a box (half my belongings are still packed up) I found this old talcum tin. This is the 'puff' that was in it. The tin is stamped, Made in England,,

and.. made me think,, I need to find some talc with a big fluffy powder puff to give to my mama for Christmas.... so this afternoon I dashed to Walmart.. and asked the clerk if she stocked any.. She said No.. well I decided to double check and guess what? there in the bottom shelf, was 3 boxes of Wind Song talc.. glad I didn't take her word...

I do luv the sweet 'ladies necessities' that were displayed on a ladies dressing table back in the day....

I actually have 5 sets of hair brush and mirror sets, one is in my trailer, one is on my bedroom dresser, this one is in the guest room and 2 other sets that are still in their box.
This red container is a Avon talc holder... the label underneath says, Avon Dusting Powder. Hmmm, maybe I need to go back to the store and buy another container of Talc... I mean Dusting Powder!
I know, it's been said that it's not good to use talcum powder,, but it sure does bring back sweet memories.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 01 2018 8:23:31 PM

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  6:08:07 PM  Show Profile
I too love the dainty displays that were on a woman's dresser back in a day. Talc brings back sweet memories to me, too. My grandma always used it and smelled so sweet. I still use it once in a while. I just love the smell of talc so much. The talc tin is beautiful. I never seen one like that before. Thank you for sharing

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  7:41:43 PM  Show Profile
I agree with you Lori, scented talc made me feel so pretty (when I was a little girl)...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2018 :  4:50:21 PM  Show Profile
I definitely remember metal talc tins. And I remember cold cream in glass jars as an old lady staple. Now I use talc but find it annoying and messy. I remember when me and my cousins couldn't figure out why grandma had so many wrinkles and why the cold cream didn't take them out. How I wish for magic cold cream now---LOL.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Who Remembers Talc Powder Tins? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page