Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Old Fashioned Letter Writing..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Old Fashioned Letter Writing.. Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2018 :  7:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Awhile back, someone posted about writing letters the old fashioned way.. I had (many years ago) loved hand writing letters.. When we packed up our house for our move from Calif., to Wash., well, I just could not find my stationary and fountain pens..
But,, (doing the happy dance) today I found the box..
I found my stationary, fountain pens, ink and ink wells as well as my wax sticks and seals. Yippee!

I love using different nibs when writing as well as different colored inks.
I've read (somewhere)that I can add EO mixed with a bit of vodka to my inks to make scented inks..
has anyone done this???

Well maybe after the Holidays, I think I will write some old fashioned letters, maybe even channel my inner Jane Austin...lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 01 2018 7:48:51 PM

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  08:28:36 AM  Show Profile
I also love my fountain pens and ink. I used to buy beautiful sheets of stationary from I Can't Remember Where (not a real company) and have been having difficulty finding the same quality. I take stationary from hotels and buy nice sheets which are mostly for putting in printers. I have fun using different scraps of paper which I have decorated. I write often to my sister Audra Rose.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  08:40:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh that's awesome Grace!! I love writing letters and have been doing so with several dear friends over the last 30 plus years now! Moving all the time away from people I dearly loved and did not want to lose touch with has kept me going. Time isnt as easy to come by but we still write!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  10:31:03 AM  Show Profile
I have 3 dear friends who I correspond with ... I have been cheating by writing my letters via my computer using a lovely script font, and then I print it up on computer stationary. I have been collecting lovely as well as whimsical paper and of course the Christmas themed paper that I use for my Holiday letters.
But now that I have my fountain pens,,, I will be able to fanciful sign those letters...
HoHoHo

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6392 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6392 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  2:40:31 PM  Show Profile
I too love writing letters the old fashion way. I have friends I still write too from our military days, from places I use to live and of course my Farmgirl penpals. I am not real fast at answering my letters but I try as I do not want to loose the friendships I have through our letter writing. Friends are special and I hold them all close to my heart.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  4:14:04 PM  Show Profile
Ditto Debbie!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  4:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Triple Ditto Debbie!
>^••^<

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  5:00:28 PM  Show Profile
I love writing letters and notes to people!! It is a relaxing way to think about a person and spend some time with them. Plus, I know how much I love it when I find real mail in my mailbox!! My only complaint....my handwriting seems to be much messier that in the old days! I think it is old age and somehow I have lost my edge on neat writing since I have been using a computer. But my typing has improved!!! LOL!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2018 :  5:18:05 PM  Show Profile
I too love writing notes and letters. I still have letters from grade school and in high school and college I had seven pen pal close friends and how we all loved getting our letters. It's like a friend told me the other day about facebook---I don't care what people are eating---too much information supposed to fire my imagination---but it doesn't and letters did---LOL.I would have all my old letters but when I moved here I threw them out as I didn't want to move them. I wish I had kept a few from each person.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2018 :  7:07:27 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, you are not alone, my penmanship has gotten messier... that, or.. my hand can't keep up with my over active brain!
ROTFLMBO!!!!!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2018 :  07:33:36 AM  Show Profile
I have many I keep up with through handwritten letters.
So nice to hear from someone and learn more about them and as time goes by share in all the ups and downs and such in our lives. Friendship is very important and letter writing is a great way to keep them alive and well.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Old Fashioned Letter Writing.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page