HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2018 :  5:25:13 PM  Show Profile
There are two reasons I hate winter---one it is so hard to get out of this God-forsaken holler and number two my old bones ache so bad I can hardly face the snow and cold---but on and on I go---I gotta keep on goin in the snow. Ladies why do you hate winter?

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6821 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6821 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2018 :  5:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Barbara the only thing I hate about winter is ice storms. In my part of Texas we never have enough snow for it to be a problem but ice storms cause all sorts of major problems.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4115 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4115 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  04:50:58 AM  Show Profile
I don't enjoy the extended periods of below zero temps. Hard on man and beast and tractors.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9251 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9251 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  06:03:49 AM  Show Profile
Here the thing I hate is that when we ever get snow, it doesn't last. I was born in upstate NY and I miss real winters. We get rain when everyone around us gets snow.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17029 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17029 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  09:22:04 AM  Show Profile
for me it's,,, that I have to wear thicker (padded) boobie holders (bra) to keep my 'girls' warm... lol!

Nothing worse then cold boobies! lololol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  09:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'm with Sara - Ice Storms. They cause havoc on the roads and we lose lots of trees.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6528 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  10:19:45 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I LOVE that darling cat photo!! LOL!! I don't really have a thing I hate about Winter because we really don't have it down here. As a matter of fact, I miss Winter!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  12:19:48 PM  Show Profile
Reasons I hate Winter is because I hate the Rain and the Cold. So far, we haven't had much... Praise God! We stay in more and go out less and that is both fun and
a lot of work. When we do get snow here it only lasts 3 days to 2 weeks (just enough to enjoy it) and Then it is gone. That is the only way to have a White Winter. LOL

Linda we get Ice Storms sometimes too and they are always dangerous with all our Rivers and Lakes.

Grace...the Bra Kitty is so funny! LOL

Have an Awesome Weekend Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  1:35:35 PM  Show Profile
Hay there.

Let me see......having to feed livestock on a tractor without a cab......Having to get out of bed in a cold house.......OOOOOOOO, don't get me started.

Hugs,
Daizy

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4719 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4719 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  4:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Well gee, maybe this isn't the place to say I love winter! But farmgirls, I do love winter! I love the sound of the cold, crisp crunch the snow makes as I hike through the wood &, the beautiful blue skies. All of it is just breathtakingly beautiful to me. We had a bit of snow here today and first thing I did was run out the door to the arboretum to work on the 2 mile trail I take care of there. Living in the midwest all my life has given me a great appreciation for our changing seasons. And yes, winter is one of the most beautiful season we have!

Dawn in IL

"I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house. So I have spent almost all the daylight hours in the open air." Nathaniel Hawthorne

Edited by - ddmashayekhi on Nov 15 2018 4:49:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  5:52:28 PM  Show Profile
Me too Dawn!!! We got a few flakes today and I'm ecstatic!
Of course the past several years our winters are mostly gray, but when the white comes, I am giddy!
Wood burning stove, candles, Carhartt jackets, wellies. Bring it on!!!!
Making a pork roast with roasted apples and delicata squash. And twinkle lights across the A Frame. (late dinner dobie puppy spayed today).
Love my winter!!!
Although Dawn, I'm sure yours is way better
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4333 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4333 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2018 :  5:55:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm with Winnie, we dont have much of a winter here so I dont get much of a break from mowing and weedeating!! Yup, this misplaced Colorado girl MISSES winter!! I actually miss the 4 seasons! But I do agree as I remember icy storms and roads are not cool! No pun intended!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13570 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13570 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2018 :  8:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Gracie . . you are too funny!
But I'm with you on keeping the "girls" warm!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17029 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17029 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2018 :  5:34:24 PM  Show Profile
C.j.,,, Right!
:)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2018 :  6:21:01 PM  Show Profile
For the most part I absolutely love winter. The only thing I don't like about it is the ice. I'm getting old enough that I worry about falling. The snow is beautiful, though

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2018 :  2:58:30 PM  Show Profile
Now I have to agree with Sara about the ice storms---we got a bad ice storm---one half inch. The power was out for five days. Trees fell over in our road and had to be sawed out. My husband got hurt sawing out a tree. It was a big tree and a big root ball slid off the bank with a big stump attached. It knocked him over the bank and I was sure he had been killed. He was so lucky it missed him or it would have crushed him for sure. He cut his head and has fractured ribs and a slightly hurt leg. He is unable to go to work for awhile. I have to do all heavy chores. But I am so thankful he is safe. This will be a special Thanksgiving for us. We will never saw trees that are so close to the bank again. Our neighbor heard me screaming and walked up the road to help us. He called the state road and they came and pushed the root ball out of the road or we would be trapped here. Our phone line is down in several places and we can't call out---but I can walk up a little hill behind the house and use the cell phone. So glad I am not a widow---that has sure taught us a lesson. The power came on this morning and it is so great to have lihts and heat. Looking forward to a little TV tonight. We don't know what has been going on in the world.

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2018 :  9:04:11 PM  Show Profile
People---my husband could have gotten killed---I need a few kind words and support. Having a hard candy Thanksgiving and sure to have a hard candy Christmas as my husband can't work for several weeks.

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2018 :  5:44:26 PM  Show Profile
Barbara, glad your husband is safe. We deal with the ice here in OH too, just had a storm the other day and one of my friends fell off of a retaining wall 5 ft and broke many ribs. Ice is so tricky. I just wish we would get snow. I love that.
Prayers to you and your hubby. It is so hard when a family member is down.
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2208 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2018 :  8:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Barbara, how scared you must have been! His guardian angel must have been busy that day. Prayers for you as you shoulder all the chores.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2018 :  3:42:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies and your kind thoughts helped me. He is healing nicely and I think he realizes an angel was with him that day. And as Dolly Parton says about a hard candy Christmas---I'll be fine and dandy and I won't let sorrow bring me way down---and ladies I think the hard candy Christmases of my youth were the best---coloring books and crayons and clay and a new doll---what joy those things brought to me. And the best part is all the gifts I wanted we had already bought---LOL. Just kidding and
I will find him a few little special things---we can get by on a little. Being alive is the greatest gift of all!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Reasons I Hate Winter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page