levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  07:19:40 AM  Show Profile
recipes that I can make ahead and freeze to crockpot. There are only two of us now and I need something I can throw in the crockpot before we start our day. We own our own business and some days get hectic.
I have gone through Pinterest and most of the freeze ahead meals are for a larger family though I have been able to cut some in half to use. Do any of you have any tried and trues you would be willing to share?
I do like to plan our menu ahead for shopping as well as listing on the menu I keep on the fridge.
~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 02 2018 07:21:07 AM

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  12:41:35 PM  Show Profile
I did manage to come up with some great recipes that will work for us. I plan to get a few more done this week after getting my meats and veggies.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  03:18:52 AM  Show Profile
I make a taco stew in my crockpot. Make a big batch and freeze some for later. Hamburger, jar of tomato juice, can of black beans and pinto beans drained and washed. couple cans of chili beans, can of tomato soup. add a couple tablespoons of taco seasoning. And add a bag of frozen corn. We will eat it with tortilla chips, or corn bread is good too. You can use any combination of beans you have, and if it is too thick dont' use as many.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic In Search of Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page