Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Alternative to Traditional "Hope" chest?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Alternative to Traditional "Hope" chest? Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3305 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3305 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2018 :  1:08:10 PM  Show Profile
It's a official-daughter is engaged-her ring is stunning-and I am in the throes of searching for an alternative "Hope" chest. She was given my MIL's mother's chest that came across the ocean from Sweden--it is lovely! I want to give my daughter something un-traditional for storing her hand embroidered tea towels, pillowcases, etc.

Their apartment is mid-century modern and they have practically no storage space to hold her lovelies....something upright? Just not sure so all suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Mel

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2018 :  3:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Wayfair has a nice rectangular padded storage bench. My mother in law stores sheets in it.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year. NPR Reader's Almanac
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2018 :  4:03:37 PM  Show Profile
congratulations on the engagement. An exciting time for sure. I have alot of my linen type things, in an old dresser, that i use as a buffet in my dining room.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2018 :  7:43:45 PM  Show Profile
How about an Amish jewelry box. The wood is beautiful and they line them with velvet. They also make larger chests for linens.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2018 :  12:34:55 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations!! How about one of those rectangular furniture with the square cubbies. That way she could put her linens in the square boxes and pictures or knick knacks on the other shelves. I hope that makes sense. I have one and my cubbies/shelves have the kids books, the babies bibs and burp cloths, my iPad and papers, decorations, and some toys. It changes every year!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2018 :  12:51:35 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Vanessa, Wayfair has all sort of ottomans and benches with inside storage, you wouldn't know it had just looking at it. All kids of fabrics and Patterns!
Congrats to your Daughter!!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Fgotm August 2014, September 2018
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Alternative to Traditional "Hope" chest? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page