MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  1:13:02 PM  Show Profile
My boys and I decided to go with apple muffins and strudel topping! They were delicious! I want to make them again, but add something else to the batter to add more flavor. Not sure what yet. Maybe cinnamon? Also I will double the strudel topping!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  2:28:19 PM  Show Profile
Those look great Krista! Pumkpin pie spice works too! I put it in my cake! All the recipes sound greatand the pictures made my mouth water!

Winnie, OOO that skillet looks so good!! Grace, my words exactly! LOL!!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Fgotm August 2014, September 2018

Edited by - Killarney on Oct 01 2018 2:31:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2018 :  07:21:41 AM  Show Profile
I wasn't able to get on the computer but I joined in the festivities!

This is the first time I ever made one with the "criss cross" thing on top. I think they should have been a little narrower, but the pie tasted great. The bad part about sharing a yard with your in-laws is that you have to share your apple pie. The good thing about sharing a yard is that you get ice cream to go with your pie LOL!!!

All those other treats look amazing as well.

Connie - some of my best tasting creations were the worst looking ones!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2018 :  11:03:10 AM  Show Profile
Krista, your Apple Muffins look delicious and I bet they were a wonderful breakfast treat for the family too!!

Heather, that "criss-cross thing" turned out perfect!! What a beautiful pie you made!! Hehehe, I know how easy it is to what something as yummy as homemade pie ALL TO ONESELF!! LOL!! It vanishes so quickly, especially with creamy ice cream alongside! I am happy that your family were able to join in the fun of our Farmgirl Apple Pie Sunday too! Apple Pie is such an all-American dessert through the ages.

Thanks everyone for sharing your Apple recipes with all of us! I love to hear how each of you found what was perfect for you to use for the occasion. And, I get a big smile in my head when I think about all the Farmgirl friends busy creating apple goodies all dressed up in their favorite aprons!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2018 :  11:15:09 AM  Show Profile
Connie, great idea! Pumpkin spice would taste amazing with it! I think I'll try some like that next weekend.

Thank you Winnie. It's always a plus when the kids ask for seconds. Makes me feel really happy inside!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2018 :  1:13:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm so in the mood for pumpkin spice now, I put it in my aromatherapy diffuser a few minutes ago.

How are your kids doing, Krista? Did gramps Rex do okay being a full-time caregiver while you were in Europe?

Love your grammy graphic Winnie.

As it turns out, Ashley had snapped a few photos of the making of her braided apple bread.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2018 :  6:00:55 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Heather, you pie looks wonderful and I know it tasted wonderful!

Mary Jane, I too, am ready for all things Pumpkin Spice! and Fall!!

Grace, My stars was right, wouldn't that have been fun to have a taste of each one!

Thanks Winnie! I love those dishes, they are heavy so they can take bumps without breaking! They are called Farm to Table from Cracker Barrell! I got them on sale a few year ago. I love to browse the gift shop there. They have great sales!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Fgotm August 2014, September 2018

Edited by - Killarney on Oct 03 2018 6:02:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2018 :  06:45:06 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane, that apple bread braid is a work of art! I bet it was delicious too.

I am currently in Asheville, NC this morning and it is a bit cooler here than Florida. There are signs that the leaves are beginning to change but mostly the leaves are still green. On our trip up here, we went through the far eastern part of Georgia and although it was a hot day, there were many farms where they decorated the entrances with lots of hay bales, pumpkins, scarecrows and the like. Also saw lots of pumpkin stands along with tomatoes and other fall like veggies.

Pumpkin Spice is always on this Farmgirl's list of favorites! I am especially enjoying Pumpkin Spice Coffee blends at my favorite grocer too. Nothing better than PS coffee to start the day in late July when you feel like you are going to lose your mind with the awful heat and humidity!! LOL!! I always freeze a bag of PS coffee to keep for those late July attacks!! LOL!! This year Dunkin Donuts has a good PS blend on most grocery store shelves that sell DD coffees. Do any of you like PS coffee?

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2018 :  4:52:38 PM  Show Profile
Apples, Apples Apples,,, every where I go, every magazine I read,,, apples recipes galore,, apples mounded high in the markets, apples everywhere... except on my tree... Thank to Bambi! oh well... there is always next year...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2018 :  12:08:10 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane, I have been using pumpkin spice in my diffuser for over a week now! It helps it feel more like fall. Plus it's calming to me.
My kids are doing great. Tilton has become so helpful and asks to help me with everything! Especially the dishes. Stryder is learning so many new words and is a dancing king. Also, I am in love with playing dress up everyday with Everleigh! Having a girl is so much fun!
My dad did great and really enjoyed having them. He bought one of those child carriers that hook on behind your bike and he took the boys everywhere in that thing. They loved getting outside and spending time with grandpa!

Winnie, I haven't ever tried pumpkin spice coffee. I'll have to give it a try. I actually haven't been a coffee drinker until recently so I'm branching out!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Apple Pie Sunday-September 30!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page