Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 I lost my girl Sassy this July
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I lost my girl Sassy this July Next Topic  

Eliz~
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Elizabeth
Saint Cloud MN
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2018 :  11:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Eliz~ a Yahoo! Message

Her name was Sassy Mary Queen O Scots. She was a 5 year old British Lab. It was unexpected, but we've had dogs get sick in the woods from fungus, ticks, and a bird here in July died from West Nile virus- so it could have been anything? The vet couldn't get her in and she died that night.
I wasn't ready. She wasn't herself, but she often was not happy here in the woods. She preferred the City- silly girl.
Below is where we buried her, and another dogs memorial stone, plus memorials of my 3 daughters in Heaven who are buried at the cemetery down the road.

Joyfully, Eliz~

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2018 :  4:23:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi. Eliz,
It is never easy to say good by to our furry children. We have had to say good by to 6 as a couple. Our current little girl is 11 1/2. She has slowed down a lot in the past year. The youngest we had to let go was 1yr. with a few that were only middle aged.

Sorry you had to say good by to such a young one. My prayers are with you at this difficult time.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2018 :  4:36:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh Eliz, how sweet your Sassy looks in the photo!! I am so sorry you lost her this past July. She sounds like she was very special and I understand the ache in your heart with her gone. Your little family cemetery is lovely, and it sounds like Sassy is among the beloved. Prayers and hugs to you!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Eliz~
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Elizabeth
Saint Cloud MN
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2018 :  6:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Eliz~ a Yahoo! Message
Thank You Nancy and Winnie. Yes she was very special to me. Not every dog we've owned has been one that I've had a strong connection to. She was bull headed as a pup- so she earned the name Sassy. She was my girl.

Joyfully, Eliz~
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2018 :  06:14:12 AM  Show Profile
I know how you feel---we have lost so many and I've grieved for each one. They are so much like little children. I comfort myself by thinking what a good life I gave them---as most of mine have been rescues.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Eliz~
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Elizabeth
Saint Cloud MN
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2018 :  09:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Eliz~ a Yahoo! Message
Yes they each have very distinct personalities don't they?
When we bought our oldest cat, we were told her breed was more "dog" like! But nobody told her!! She is ALL cat!! LOL! She lets us live in her house!! I told her "Violet- I don't think I'm going to love you, but I'll try to like you!" LOL!! Well do you know that after that she went out of her way to steal my heart!? Silly girl- now I adore her to pieces, finicky cat personality and all!! The younger cat we named Bunny is so sweet if we'd brought her home first we'd have 10 cats! LOL! But now we'll stick with two! :o)

Joyfully, Eliz~
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2018 :  09:49:28 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear this!!! Some of our pets are just tied into our heart strings in an extra strong way and it is so hard when they leave us behind! She had a wonderful life with you and knowing you loved her! It's small consolation I know! There are just no words that are adequate to certain things in life...
Go to Top of Page

Eliz~
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Elizabeth
Saint Cloud MN
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2018 :  09:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Eliz~ a Yahoo! Message
Thank You Jaime. I can't wait to see her at the Rainbow Bridge :o)

Joyfully, Eliz~
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2018 :  6:19:32 PM  Show Profile

Eliz so sorry about the loss of your sweet fur baby!!! I lost my sweet Kitty a few years ago and it was one of the hardest things I ever dealt with...I am sure you gave her the best life possible...Hold on tight to your sweet memories...

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

Eliz~
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Elizabeth
Saint Cloud MN
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2018 :  10:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Eliz~ a Yahoo! Message
Thank You Judy! (((HUGS))) back :o)