Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Natural dark spot lightener
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Natural dark spot lightener Next Topic  

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2018 :  10:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Besides this site I am hooked on You Tube. I am like Number Five in the movie Short Circuit (1986) about his craving for "IMPUT".
OK, OK moving on. I found a recipe that lightens sun spots. I tried it and it does seam to be working. Problem is the two ingredients. One medium onion chopped and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Mix them in the blender until it makes kind of a paste. Apply it to the spot with a cotton ball. You don't need to put a lot on and don't get it near your eyes. I forgot this little detail and put it on my nose spots. Ooowwwiiie! Big mistake. My eyes were seriously offended and rebelled with a Noah's flood of tears. I now only use it on my cheeks forehead and my upper lip where the effect is showing best. I have used it three days now. The you tube video says give it Two weeks.

Did I say it stinks? Yes, It really really stinks.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  5:54:40 PM  Show Profile
Nancy,
I have never heard of this concoction. My mom always used lemon juice to lighten the dark spots on her hands.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  6:08:17 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I too have used lemon juice and it does work! OUCH Nancy! I didn't mean to giggle about the part when it was applied to your nose, but I did ONLY because that would be TOTALLY something I would do!!! ;) Thank you for haring, I must say that once I removed those sun spots from my hands I've kept sunscreen on them and haven't gotten any since! I too shall try on the sides of my face where I still have a few.

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  09:17:40 AM  Show Profile
Dianna, That is good to know. I will have to get those lemons out!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  5:24:14 PM  Show Profile
You betcha Denise! Put the juice in warm water first thing in the morning to drink, grind the skins for freezing to use to bake later and the remaining juice/pulp for dark spots!! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Natural dark spot lightener Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page