Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 MaryJanesFarm Comforter set
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MaryJanesFarm Comforter set Next Topic  

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2018 :  05:16:08 AM  Show Profile
SO, my daughter is sweet sixteen and for the past year has been sprucing up her room. She is not a typical teen - she now loves “vintage” and antiques like her mom. Her bedroom is a mix of vintage items like vintage glass bookends, for example, with classic comic book heroes thrown in and her love of butterflies with framed butterfly art. Her bathroom also has butterflies as a theme. I think kids should decorate their rooms how they wish, and I think it is cute how she likes vintage style like me!

Anyway, I found a couple of vintage yo-yo quilts last year and she LOVED the one on my bed. For her 16th birthday, I found HER one for her to keep at the foot of her bed as a throw. She was so excited! It looks lovely, but her “regular” bedding had worn out and was looking shabby.

The thing is, she needs specific colors - mainly greens. She found one on Amazon, only to have it come in and look and feel awful - nothing like the picture. We looked a few places when we have been out, but nothing that would work.

Yesterday, we popped into a new store that opened up nearby. We saw one quilt/comforter, cute but not quite right. Audrey said she would “know it when she saw it”. A few minutes later, she lit up, excitedly pulling a comforter set off the shelf. It is beautiful - and PERFECT, with colors that work for her room and go with her antique quilt at the foot of the bed. We both loved it right off the bat. Funny thing - it is a MaryJanesFarm comforter set! We didn’t notice the brand at first - just how beautiful a set it was!

We put everything on her bed last night. It is dreamy! The fabric is soft, the colors are rich looking, and it is such a fluffy, light, wonderful comforter set! Audrey came in this morning and said she slept like a baby and how excited she is with her new, beautiful bedding.

I know someone mentioned on another thread how wonderful the MaryJanesFarm sheets are. Well, the comforter sets are awesome, too! You will NOT be disappointed. Such quality and so beautiful. (Of course, since it is MJF)!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  10:26:52 AM  Show Profile
Your daughter's room sounds lovely. I am glad she likes vintage---most teens don't. The kids who come here call my stuff old people stuff. One teen absolutely hated my 1940's gas range. Your daughter is special and how lucky you are to have her. I plan to get some MJF sheets for Christmas. I can hardly wait.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2018 :  07:49:32 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Barbara. Yeah, my girl is different. I love that she loves vintage. :)

My daughter’s bed couldn’t use the dust ruffle, but I was thinking about putting one in the camper. The one that came with dd’s bed set is PERFECT! Love it. I will have to post a pic. So glad it could be used. Very vintage looking print, in “camper colors”. YAY!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2018 :  12:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, it sounds like it was meant to be! Everything happens for a reason and your daughter was supposed to find that exact one. It so crazy that it just happened to be MaryJanesFarm! Would love to see a picture of it!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2018 :  6:57:37 PM  Show Profile
This is what I call when God winks at you. I believe things are sent to us. I so often need something or wish for something and some how I will find it---usually at a thrift shop.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2018 :  1:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Isn’t that true, Barbara! I love when that happens,

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic MaryJanesFarm Comforter set Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page