Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Pennsylvania Farmgirl Next Topic  

EagleFieldHomestead
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

ABBIE
Port Matilda PA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  10:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Send EagleFieldHomestead a Yahoo! Message
Hello! I am excited to be joining and can't wait to start learning and sharing!
I am from Pennsylvania and grew up on a sheep and organic vegetable farm. I currently homestead while I dream about bigger farm plans. My homestead includes 6 chickens, 1 duck, 1 bunny, two Australian Shepherds, 100,000+ honeybees, two garden plots, lots of woods for foraging and a beautiful pond. I enjoy growing plants (outdoors and indoors), I enjoy canning, fermenting, baking, cooking, hand quilting and crochet. Plus reading when I can squeeze it in (I also work full time off the homestead). I am currently readying "The Dirty Life" by Kristin Kimball. I LOVE cast iron cooking and LOVE MaryJane's Cast Iron Kitchen.

I want to learn more about foraging, herbal remedies, improve my quilting skills, find someone who I can barter with for raw milk and to learn cheese making.

I love to share pictures of my homestead so I just started an Instagram to share pictures, if you also have an Instagram please connect with me there! @EagleFieldHomestead

Please share with me who you are!!
Have a blessed day!

@EagleFieldHomestead on Instagram

Edited by - EagleFieldHomestead on Aug 06 2018 10:06:07 AM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  10:38:54 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Abbie, I enjoyed hearing about your little homestead. Years ago I had an Australian Shepard mix - one of the smartest dogs I ever had. She herded my small herd of three African Pigmy goats.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  1:03:06 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Abbie! It's so wonderful to meet you. I loved hearing all about you. It sounds like your a very busy woman. I also have an Australian Shepherd mix. She is my little baby and never leaves my side. She is actually sitting right next to me as I type! Lol. When we move we are hoping to get some chickens. My boys will love taking care of them. I will be looking for you around the Farm!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  1:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello Abbie, and Welcome to MJF! Your homestead sounds like one busy place these days too.it is always fun to learn more about a newocmer and I hope you keep us posted on new happenings here under the various links. I hail from north Florida and love log cabins, anything related to apples, knitting easy projects, cooking, and doing swap some here at MJF.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  1:45:06 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to MJF Abbie. So nice to have you join this fun loving community of like minded women.

you'll find so many talented and kind farm girls at heart.

Farmgirl sister #308
Wallets & Travel Accessories, Tea Wallets, and Hankie Envelopes
http://www.marketsofsunshine.online

Card Making Circle of Friends
www.marshajaramillo.stampinup.net
Tea Lover's
www.tealightfultea.net/sweetretreats
FGOM 5/2018
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  1:49:55 PM  Show Profile
Abbie, welcome, see you around the farm. Check it all out. It's great fun. You will make great friends.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  3:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Abbie from a holler in West Virginia---God's Country as we call it. Sounds like you have a great life and wonderful energy. I enjoy gardening. cooking and canning. I love animals and nature. I also like to read and sew but I rarely find time for either---too much farm work. I also enjoy riding four wheelers. I love to forage for wild mushrooms---I know lots of other edibles from the wild but would only want to eat them in an emergency.I have made a few quilt block pillows in my life and I do perfect quilt blocks---but far to lazy to make a quilt. I have read The Dirty Life and I loved it---but I did not like how she got to enjoy shooting cattle and eating them. So unthinkable to me! Hope to hear a lot from you. You go girl!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2018 :  10:00:06 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Abbie,, now kick off your shoes, set a spell and enjoy...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Pennsylvania Farmgirl Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page