HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  03:37:36 AM  Show Profile
Winnie---thank you for the nice postcard you sent to me. It really cheered me up at a time when I felt alone and friendless. I just didn't want to do anything but be by myself. I got so aggravated with all my problems one day that I just started sweeping and couldn't quit---I cleaned and decluttered for days all day long. I find that sweeping and cleaning is great therapy. Now I need to do more therapy and get the upstairs cleaned and organized. Thanks for your kindness!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  11:34:13 AM  Show Profile
I am happy to hear that my thank-you postcard brightened your day!! The beauty of snail mail, I think, is that it has this unique ability to brighten someone's day. As I continue to learn more about the history of the early 20th Century, I have been drawn again to the sending of postcards. They used to be very common and used for many occasions during the year. Postcard sending feels like a real Farmgirl kinda of thing to do. There is just something unique and fun about postcards. Like you, I find that cleaning out and de-cluttering helps to quiet a overly busy mind. It seems like busy hands are often helpful to quiet the mind and help sort out feelings that are troubling. I bet women have been experiencing that relief for hundreds of years, but we are now more open about feelings than in times past.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  4:06:43 PM  Show Profile
HollerGirl56,,
"Hugz"

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2018 :  8:19:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Barbara, Sending love and prayers your way. Cleaning and crafting are always therapeutic to me as well. Wishing you brighter days ahead and I loved hearing about the post cards... I love post cards as well and find something so nostalgic about them, love to send them as well. :-) Wishing you both a beautiful days ahead!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2018 :  2:45:41 PM  Show Profile
Barbara, I hope you are starting to feel better now. Letters have such a wonderful way of cheering us up and bringing us joy in a time of need. I wish I was better at sending letters to others. Life gets so crazy that I put it on the back burner, but I know how much I enjoy it. I should start it back up soon.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thanks Winnie Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page