Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayer request for a friend latest update Jan,11
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer request for a friend latest update Jan,11 Next Topic
Page: of 2

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2019 :  2:18:57 PM  Show Profile
My friend Robin had her surgery,
She is in recovery.....surgery 2 hours 45 minutes.....did wonderful. 3 to 4 central lymph nodes were cancerous but treated with chemo. Everything removed and of course the tumor as well. Robin is smiling in the recovery room. Thanks be to God!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and cards, she was so happy to receive them, Darlene

Love,
Claudia( her mom sent this)

Sent from my iPad

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2019 :  2:33:17 PM  Show Profile
Well I messed that forum code up,
THIS IS THE NEW MESSAGE about Robin, thanks for all your prayers and cards and love, they really made her feel good. Darlene
(Robin) She is in recovery.....surgery 2 hours 45 minutes.....did wonderful. 3 to 4 central lymph nodes were cancerous but treated with chemo. Everything removed and of course the tumor as well. Robin is smiling in the recovery room. Thanks be to God!

Love,
Claudia (Robin’s mom)

Sent from my iPad

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  4:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Robin had her surgery and is now home! Praise God! He is so good.
Thank you everyone!
Darlene

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to very hard to keep up with personal emails and texts yesterday that it really got to be a bit overwhelming. I had Robin's phone and my phone and my ipad and honestly, before we left the house at 5:50 a.m. to the time we picked up sis and then Robin at 6:30 a.m., I was getting little buzzes, beeps, and squeaks on the phone and this carried on throughout the day. I was emailing and texting as fast as I could. HA! HA! I thought I did very, very good in answering everyone until I got on the computer today and had 54 more emails....and some of them from people that were not in our address book, but from friends of friends as well.......so I cannot be rude and just not answer them about Robin so I am writing this little update and some of you may have seen all of this before in little tiny updates yesterday, but now I can tell you how Robin is today which will be at the end of this email.

First of all though, I HAVE to tell you all again thank you for all of your prayers, love, support, compassion, kindness, and wearing those pink bracelets and pink pins in honor of Robin and being so very faithful in doing so day in and day out. Although her journey is not over yet, the biggest part of it is now in the past and I can say, Hallelujah! I even learned yesterday how to spell that correctly. Sis, David and I were sitting in the hospital lobby at one point and sis needed the correct spelling...as she was writing it in a card to someone, David and I tried spelling it to no avail, so I looked it up on the ipad. In passed updates I apologize for all of my lousy spelling, grammatical errors and anything else wrong with them; I have been corrected a couple of different times, but for the 98% of you that struggled along with them, thank you for not criticizing. HA! HA! That is just the way I am...sometimes I just get to typing so fast I get carried away.

Robin's surgery was scheduled for 9:00 a.m. yesterday and they took her back at 7:00 a.m. to place the IV etc. Because Robin's tumor was found in June and after undergoing the PET scan, it showed that cancer had spread to some of the lymph nodes in her arm pit area. At 8:40 a.m. she had the Prophylactic Breast Dye Injection (PBDI)...which in common terms, the dreaded nipple dye injection which she was told not only by her surgeon Dr. Asad, but by other nursing staff and even on-line inquiries that this was VERY painful, but the pain would only last 2 to 3 minutes. The needle is injected in four places around the nipple on the cancerous breast. We had been in the room with her off and on before this and then walked back in with questionable faces after it was done....and asked, "How are you?" She said, "Fine, it didn't hurt at all!" WHAT? And, she repeated herself! Again, prayers had been answered. We were with her when they wheeled her down the hall to surgery.

The surgery lasted 2 hours 45 minutes and at 11:45 she was taken into the recovery area. Dr. Asad came into the waiting area and told us everything went wonderful...and I can't remember exactly now...but I think 3 to 4 lymph nodes were taken out; the sentinel ones. We will find out more when we go see her on Thursday. At noon we were told she was in recovery already eating ice chips and doing remarkably well. I got to go in and see her and she didn't even look like she had been in surgery. Her color was good, her positive attitude continued and she held both thumbs up and said, "Yep, they are both gone and I couldn't be happier!" All the years of painful mammograms and biopsies are OVER with! She told me to tell everyone in the waiting room, for all of us to go have lunch...so we did. It was David, Sis, Robin's best friend Anne, and I.

When we came back at 12:45 p.m. the lady at the desk said that Robin had been moved to room 674. We went up and were with her off an on until 4:00 p.m. when we left. Chris had gotten to the hospital about 7:45 a.m. and was with her off and on yesterday as well as he left a couple of times to go to his doctor appointment twice and feed the dogs. He left to go home at 6:00 p.m., but Luke worked a 12 hour shift yesterday so he was at the hospital all day from 8 to 8. He saw his mom 3 or 4 times and then after work went to visit and sit with her. He called us at 9:30 p.m. to tell us he was on his way home and that his mom was doing wonderful watching TV and doing word search puzzles. She had told us we needed a break and that we didn't need to come out to the hospital this morning, but after she got home today. Her pain level after surgery and at 8:00 p.m. last night was only a 1 or 2 with 10 being the highest. And, it was not anywhere near where the surgery was, but where the drain tubes are. She has 3 of them and may get one taken out Thursday so Dr. Asad said when she saw Robin at 7:45 a.m. this morning. So, all she took last night for pain was two Tylenol. REMINDER: This girl just had a double mastectomy, her port removed and lymph nodes removed as well as three drain tubes put in.

We talked earlier today, a little before 8:00 a.m. and then she said she would call when she got home.

She called us a little before noon today and she is home with still a pain level of 1 to 2 and just two Tylenol this a.m., BUT she is VERY tired and told me she wants David and I to come over at 2:00 p.m.; we will leave here at 1:25 p.m. and are very excited to see our amazing daughter!

Thanks for putting up with me and all the updates, and for those wonderful prayers. God has been with her this whole journey so far and we know he will be with her for the rest of her life which Dr. Asad says as well as her oncologist for a VERY, VERY, VERY long time - until after they retire. And, that is a good thing. Robin does plan to completely change her diet now...although she ate relatively good before all of this. She is now going to drink only bottled water and cut out all sugar products. Cancer loves sugar and tap water is full of horrible chemicals for cancer survivors. She will also stop soon at eating red meat. Our new little vegetarian! And that is a good thing! Maybe she can help David and I become better at this as well.

With our love and thanks,
David and Claudia

THE PET SCAN: The PET scan is Positron-emission tomography which is a test that all diagnosed cancer patients should have as this shows exactly IF the cancer has spread to any where else in the body. It is a nuclear medicine functional imaging technique which observes metabolic processes in the body as an aid to the diagnosis of disease. The system detects pairs of gamma rays emitted indirectly by a positron-emitting radionuclide, most commonly fluorine-18, which is introduced into the body on a biologically active molecule called a radioactive tracer. When we all saw the results of the PET scan we breathed a HUGE sigh of relief as Robin's cancer was in the left breast and under her left arm pit...it shows on the screen as fire lighting up these areas. Thank God it had not spread into her blood veins.

A PROPHYLACTIC BLUE DYE INJECTION PBDI: The BPDI is injected into the breast just before the surgery. The dye then travels into the armpit, and turns an average of two nodes bright blue – these are the sentinel nodes that get removed for further testing and will reveal whether or not cancer has spread from the breast to the lymph nodes. Dr. Asad knew the cancer had spread to 3 to 11 lymph nodes in Robin's arm pit area, but this blue dye would locate exactly where they were.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  9:49:25 PM  Show Profile
arlene,

I hope I didn't send this to you all ready....if so, I am sorry. Robin is doing WONDERFUL! We go over every morning to be with her and spend the day, but yesterday was a very special day as we arrived at Robin’s at 8:15 a.m., I wanted to help her get dressed, but all I did was hold up her zippered sweat shirt for her to put her arms in; she had all ready gotten her pants and socks on, and slipped into her shoes. She is so independent I wish I could sit on her!

We arrived at the doctors at 9:45 and Robin was called in for her appointment a little before 10:00 and soon Dr. Asad came in. First of all, Dr. Asad took out one of three of her drain tubes and said EVERYTHING looked great and then she went over the pathology report with Robin and I. She told us that the tumor had shrunk to the size of the tip of her little finger (at diagnosis it was the size of a large shooter marble) and that she took that of course, but also 5 sentinel lymph nodes and 3 auxiliary lymph nodes —— she said she was VERY aggressive with her surgery and removed ALL the cancer she saw, with a big smile on her face! She said if there is any residual cancer there, that for sure the radiation will kill it and then the hormone pills will keep it in check and not allow any new cells to grow since Robin’s cancer was estrogen fed. Robin has an appointment for next Monday to get another drain tube taken out if it has drained less than 30 CC's and if not, Robin is to cancel and set another appointment. All is good though! WE ARE SO HAPPY and I thanked Dr. Asad more than once. All of her cancer team have saved her life and we are so grateful!

Darlene, I finally feel at peace within! I haven’t felt this good since before the diagnosis in June! I know Robin needs and will appreiciate more prayers...the journey still goes on, but going downhill now is so much better than climbing up that horrible mountain.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2019 :  9:50:05 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone! God is so good!

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - May 03 2019 :  8:20:03 PM  Show Profile
Continued love and prayers being sent Robin's way. Hugs to all.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - May 03 2019 :  11:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Thank you she is doing better, and back in to her yoga class and just won a mont classes there, it is good she is feeling better! I know she really appreciate your prayers.
God bless you!
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayer request for a friend latest update Jan,11 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page