Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 June ATC Swap, PARTNERS POSTED FOR JUNE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic June ATC Swap, PARTNERS POSTED FOR JUNE Next Topic
Page: of 4

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  05:45:24 AM  Show Profile
Marilou - Glad you got the ATC. I'll post as soon as I get your package :)

Make Today Count (MTC) :-)

Go to Top of Page

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  09:17:27 AM  Show Profile
Love the two peas in a pod- that's really cute, Jutta!

Blessings to you on your life's journey.

jewishprophet.com
Looking for the Lost 10 Tribes of Israel

Positive Expressions
positive.shophandmade.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4885 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4885 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  1:20:30 PM  Show Profile
Kristi! There is something wrong with our postal System!! ! Same with me. More than once this year I got cards a month late! I just hate that for the girls who make these wonderful cards.

Linda I got your 4th of july card today. Still no sign of Atc.

Connie

Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Jul 16 2018 1:21:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  1:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Yes Connie you are so right.

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  4:06:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Connie for letting me know that my July card did arrive. The vintage "Pineapple" ATC
I made you is still floating around out there somewhere and I hope it does arrive but I did make
you another ATC and it will be on its way to you tomorrow. I am so sorry that the p.o. did not
get the first one to you in a timely manner. Had fun making a second one and hope you like
it.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4885 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4885 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2018 :  1:42:31 PM  Show Profile
LInda! It came today!! It has a postmark of June the 25th! I am taking the envelope to the post office and ask them what could be the reason!! I have not opened it yet. I just walked in the door and saw the mail! I wanted you to know.!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4885 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4885 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2018 :  2:18:45 PM  Show Profile
Linda! It's here. You can see the postmark June 25! It's awesome!! I adore the Scrabble tiles! My favorite board game! Your card is sooooo Beautiful!! I can see my reflection in it! I love the story of the Castle in Scotland and the Pineapple story! Thank you so much! I'm sorry it got delayed! Like Kristi said, it's gotta be the way our mail is handled here in Shelby County.

Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August 2014
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2018 :  2:26:37 PM  Show Profile
It isn't just there Connie, unfortunately.
We can just hope it gets to where it is supposed to go.

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2018 :  2:27:24 PM  Show Profile
That is really a nice ATC Linda! Love it.

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2018 :  7:02:28 PM  Show Profile
Cool history behind the pineapple & castle Linda!!

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2018 :  8:56:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Connie for letting me know it finally arrived. I was really thinking it was going
to be "lost in space" forever. I always knew the pineapple meant "Welcome" but when I
checked a little further on how that came to be and even came across that castle in Scotland
with a pineapple on top, it really caught my interest. I too LOVE scrabble and I've been waiting
forever to find a project to use those tiny scrabble stickers on, so I knew this was it. r

I actually came on here to tell you I mailed your replacement ATC today and you should have it
by Friday. You deserve two after waiting all this time.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm constantly inspired by all the different ideas all of
you are always sharing in your works of art!

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4885 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4885 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2018 :  09:06:11 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Linda! I will have a pair!!
Darlene, your right! is is everywhere!! I called the post office this morning, got a jolly fellow on the phone! First time ever! He is retiring next week! Another Baby Boomer gone. He said a lot people just don't take pride in their jobs like they use too! If mail is left at the wrong address and put back in the box, it is suppose to be delivered the same day. He said, the carrier will throw it in the out going mail. It goes back downtown! It is illegal to write on it. You can tape a note to it that it's not your mail.
It is still illegal to tamper with mail it is a Federal offense. that means carriers who throw away junk mail!! I am missing 3 magazines that I paid for. One is Country Woman, looks like a catalog, so the person either kept it or they carrier threw it away!!

I would never, ever send a package without a tracking number ever!! and even at that, Juile Hofmann send me a swap package last December, with a tracking #, Priority Mail. It took 3 and 1/2 weeks to get here. She re- sent another one, then her first one showed up, I felt so bad!!!. So I tracked it. It went from North Dakota to Memphis to Arlington, back to downtown Memphis, back to North Dakota but not to julie, to the post office, then was shipped back to me and it was Busted Open! Priority Mail is pretty secure for the most part! I understand out of millions of pieces of mail, most are delivered, but the ones I don't get because they are thrown away, or left at somebodys house and they throw it away, because they think its junk mail, matter to me!!!!!!! Our reg. mail carrier is good, we get other peoples mail on Mondays, on her day off! She always says she is sorry! when I tell her.

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Jul 18 2018 09:08:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2018 :  8:03:50 PM  Show Profile
Connie write a letter to your State Congressman, tell them what happened and what was told you.
They are supposed to help their people.

Hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4885 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4885 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2018 :  3:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Darlene! I will!! Thanks for reminding me!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4885 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4885 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2018 :  1:28:50 PM  Show Profile
Linda! I got My bonus ATC today, It just screams "Summer fruit"! and your Special card! Ditto! Me and my Grandpaw use to eat watermelon on the back porch steps when I was about 8, we had seed spitting contest, he won! But it sure was Fun!! One of the special memories of my life and your card just Sparked that memory again!! Hugs!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August 2014
Go to Top of Page

meguira
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Marilou
Quebec
Canada
341 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2018 :  3:20:59 PM  Show Profile
I'm finally up to posting pictures. Had difficulties with my camera... Me and technology don't go hand-on-hand...
So, here is my beatuiful ATC from Kristi and her card. I love the paper by the way. It is so fresh and summery!
Thanks Kristi
hugs xxx
xxx
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2018 :  10:58:22 AM  Show Profile
So glad you liked the bonus ATC Connie. I too love watermelon, the sweeter the better. I
was surprised how fast you received it this time. I made sure it was fairly flat without too
many bumps for mailing. Love the watermelon memories you shared with you and your
grandpa.

Kristi, love your pineapple ATC, so pretty.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2018 :  11:22:54 AM  Show Profile
That is pretty. Marilou.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2018 :  08:13:24 AM  Show Profile
Marilou - I received my ATC on Tuesday, sorry for the delay in posting. WOW!!! All I can say is WOW!!!!! I took several pictures as I opened the book. The paper is beautiful, I can see why you fell in love with it. The tags are so cute and the artichoke ATC, just WOW!!! Thank you!

Make Today Count (MTC) :-)

Go to Top of Page

meguira
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Marilou
Quebec
Canada
341 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2018 :  9:19:14 PM  Show Profile
Kristi, I'm so happy you finally received it! And you are a far better photographer than I! I'm happy you liked the "book" and the ATC I made for you. My starting point was indeed the paper as I found it so beautiful. Couldn't put my scissors in(page) to take it apart so I figured I just had to make something with the whole page!
This was such a fun swap too! I like how we all came with different ideas!
Happy Summer my farmgirls friends!
hugs xxx
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2018 :  9:30:07 PM  Show Profile
Those are so neat, they are great!

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic June ATC Swap, PARTNERS POSTED FOR JUNE Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page