katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - May 30 2018 :  2:05:44 PM  Show Profile
I belong to a group called Sisters on the Fly,, infact there are several MJF gals here that are also SOTF members..

Well we have a list of gals who welcome traveling sisters to park their 'rigs' on their property.. we call it the Sisters on the Curb...

Well,,, I got my first 'curber' yesterday..
Hubby and I decided to take a run to WallyWorld (Walmart)to pick up a few items.. as we were leaving I spotted about 10 +/- trailers/motorhomes and in amongst them was a cute vintage trailer,, I told hubby to head over to where the lil trailer was,, in case it was a 'sister'... and as we approached,,, I recognized the trailer belonging to a pal of mine.. she had just pulled into the parking lot, to camp for the nite, and then would leave the next dat to head over to the River to camp with a bunch of 'sisters' for the Farm Chick weekend over at the fairgrounds.
Needless to say, we talked Caroljo into coming home with us.. She parked on our property, we hooked her up to power and then made dinner and breakfast for her..
Carol jo is an avid quilter and needless to say it was fun yacking about patterns and fabric..
I love being able to host as a place for my friends to curb... even if I have to drive around the Walmart parking lot and drag them home... lolol!

the view from my kitchen window.

this pic is from June 2013 when Carol jo & Elaine camped on my property. (L to R) Carol jo, Elaine & me.

front view.. me, Elaine & Carol jo...
Gotta luv Glamping with your 'sisters'.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - May 30 2018 :  2:11:58 PM  Show Profile
An Aristocrat, a Shasta and my Serro Scotty... doesn't get much better then that!

oh and the lil trailer behind my Jeep, is a lil early 1960's Fleetcraft. I have since sold it. I called her "Farm girl on the loose"

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - May 31 2018 :  07:03:26 AM  Show Profile
How cool is this? Finding a Farmgirl Glamper buddy in Walmart parking lot! I love that you have the space and could bring her to your new home for the night and have time to catch up and visit!! Love your photos from past gatherings too. You girls know how to get these old campers fixed up and back in the game again. I love it!! Back some years ago, when MaryJane made these cute Farmgirsl on the Loose pins for a Glamper weekend, I begged her to give me a pin even though I did not have a camper. She did and I keep it on my little backpack that I have used all over Europe on our adventures the past 5 years. So, I am a sort of Sister on the Fly inside a Delta airplane across the big pond!! LOL!! A Farmgirl has to be flexible when driving won't work!! Another thing......I never leave on a trip, ANYWHERE, without the latest MJF magazine in my backpack. When I feel a bit homesick and want a bit of Farmgirl love, I just reopen the magazine and read it again. WiFi does not always work on trips so my little badge and my magazine are my comfort items. Kinda like a "comfort blankie" when I need a fix!! LOL!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 31 2018 :  3:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Looks like such fun. Happy for you. I would never find anyone in the Walmart parking lot because I try to avoid Walmart as much as possible. I make my husband bring us stuff home from his store and that way I get to avoid a lot of shopping and can go to town only when I want to have fun. Life is good---but not for him as he hates to shop. Keep on living the good life Grace. I am living my dream too. I did go to K-Mart once and come home with a stray pregnant cat. She was staying in the garden shop and they begged me to take her---she had three beautiful kittens the next day.

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - May 31 2018 :  6:17:36 PM  Show Profile
Winnie. on my last trip back to visit family in Germany,, I brought a MJF mag...and took pics of myself with it..
Earlier in May,I brought the recent issue of MJF with me back to Palm Springs.. and now that I am back, I want to make the ribbon flag.

Oh and my childhood BFF, Irmgard (in Germany) and I now text each other nearly every say.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - May 31 2018 :  6:19:23 PM  Show Profile
HG54.. you are awesome to have rescued the kitty and her babies... I luv it!
I just read that both Sears & k-mart are closing up a bunch more stores,, bummer.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Luv being a Curber... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page