HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 25 2018 :  08:27:04 AM  Show Profile
People---what are you doing for Memorial Day? We are cooking out at our cabin shack with our dogs and going on a four wheel ride to my family cemetery---about twenty five miles. So beautiful and over dirt roads,---I feel I should tell you one of my most embarrassing moments. We were riding to the cemetery with our picnic and we couldn't find a place. So we decided to cookout in the cemetery under a big oak tree on our portable grill. Imagine when a couple came by to visit their deceased and we were sitting there eating hot dogs, No one is ever there and wouldn't that be my luck. They didn't seem to care and hung around and talked a long time. Was my face red!

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - May 25 2018 :  08:36:20 AM  Show Profile
We have our annual reunion with friends, fun and lots of barbecuing, this year we are headed to Los Robles!

Actually Barbara, that is not so strange I have seen people picnicking at the cemetery here in Southern California!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 25 2018 :  08:50:56 AM  Show Profile
Good and thank you---now I don't have to feel like a freak and a wierdo. HA HA and happy weekend to you. My husband is stuck in three days of retail and having no fun.

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - May 25 2018 :  09:16:13 AM  Show Profile
Memorial Day is decoration day in a lot of Texas country cemeteries. People gather and clean up their family plots or older graves with no relatives. Then dinner on the grounds. Some cemeteries have pavilions for that purpose.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - May 25 2018 :  09:23:34 AM  Show Profile
Happy Memorial Day everyone! And a huge thank-you to all of our Military Families who serve our country so valently!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 25 2018 :  11:06:32 AM  Show Profile
Winnie---my husband was in the army when I met him home on leave at a basketball game. He was in Alaska. My sister's husband was in the navy for twenty years and my stepfather and two uncles served in WWII. Four of my husband's siblings were in the military
So yes---thank everyone for their service to our country!

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - May 25 2018 :  11:10:38 AM  Show Profile

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  08:28:14 AM  Show Profile
My memorial day is here home alone taking care of our property and saying prayers for my husband, friends and everyone else in Afghanistan and Iraq and everywhere else our men and women in service are stationed. My heart goes out to them in humble and deep thankfulness for their self sacrificing service! It becomes so real when you are talking to your son, daughter, husband or wife and you hear the loud speakers warning everyone of incoming missiles and to go to the nearest bunkers immediately and hearing the rapid firing of the phalanx it becomes VERY REAL the dangers they are in. Or worse yet watching a beloved friend during of cancer after returning from Vietnam from exposure to chemicals. Sorry to be do gloom and doom but it's real. Yes we celebrate the freedoms we have and that's wonderful but please remember the sacrifices that gives us these freedoms. Have a beautiful blessed safe Memorial Day weekend.

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  10:54:11 AM  Show Profile
Diana, thank you and your husband for your service to our country. Indeed , we all owe you and all the others serving in our military, a huge debt of gratitude. I pray your Memorial Day will be quiet and peaceful.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  6:49:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Winnie. My husband served almost 30 years and is still working over there. I think its hits hard this year as I watched a dear dear friends husband pass after battling agent orange induced cancer. He fought Vietnam war several different duty times. Managed to come back alive but with PTSD. Heck of a good guy! I have friends who lost sons and daughters. It is hard getting in the holiday spirit but I understand families have time off and can spend time together. That's a wonderful blessing!! Thank you.

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Memorial Day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page