Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Attack of the Killer Flamingos!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Attack of the Killer Flamingos!! Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - May 07 2018 :  9:48:41 PM  Show Profile
Attack of the killer Flamingos... ok,,, maybe not an attack,,, and they aren't killers,, but... in the near future they will be a craft project...
Hum, what to do,,, I could cover them in glitter,,, or I could decopauge them, or paint them silly colors (to match my trailer)..
or????

(gotta luv the Dollar type stores)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 09 2018 :  10:52:17 AM  Show Profile
These flamingos are great---although a little on the redneck side. I think silly colors to match your camper would be fun. I also think they would look cute with little kerchiefs around their necks. Glitter would be too messy and slightly tacky. I have an old floor model radio in my parlor and pictures in frames like your silver ones. I also have an old Victrola and an old pump organ. I call it my music room---very peaceful in there because it has French doors to it and no cats or dogs can get in. My old radio is a Zenith---what is yours. Love your posts Grace. Keep em' comin.

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - May 09 2018 :  11:58:03 AM  Show Profile
For my daughter's wedding I dressed one with a bow tie and one with a veil.
Go crazy with them - you can always paint over if you like.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - May 09 2018 :  1:16:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey HG56,, mine is a PHILCO,, we had another one, but sold it when we moved...
This one is from the 1940's and us have to hook it up to a (car) battery...
I man who sold it told us his folks used to take the battery out of the car in the evening to listen to the radio for an hours or so...and the put the battery back in the auto..

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - May 09 2018 :  1:18:41 PM  Show Profile
A.R., I have seen some with 'outfits' that you can change out... hmmm, maybe a straw hat and gingham kerchief would be cute for summer... or a Bikini, straw hat and sunglasses??? heeheehee...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 09 2018 :  4:35:01 PM  Show Profile
My radio is a floor model from the forties but it is electric. I used to listen to it when I was in high school at my grandfather's house. It played so well. I could listen to WABC in New York and WLS in Chicago. It also picked up short wave. I loved it and got to keep it after my grandparents died. I can't listen to it now because the speaker blew up in the 1980's. The old Victrola has a battery radio on one side. The RCA Victor dog is still there all beautiful when you open it up. The pump organ was my great-grandmother's. They were all used here at this old farm and I think it is cool that they all got to come home when we returned here in 1998.

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - May 09 2018 :  5:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Go for it Grace. My neighbor has eight that she hooks up to Santa's sleigh at Christmas. They have gold tinsel reins, purple hats made from Crown Royal bags complete with all the gold trim, and the gold tassel on top. Hugs Karla

FGOM March 2018

I dusted once, it came back. I'm not falling for that again.
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 09 2018 :  8:30:28 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to add WOWO in Forth Worth Indiana---did any of you listen to these great stations in your teens./?

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 10 2018 :  05:06:42 AM  Show Profile
Sorry. I meant to put Fort Wayne! I was in a hurry. Get started on those flamingos and let us see how they look all jazzed up.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - May 11 2018 :  06:43:55 AM  Show Profile
Grace, you are now Florida style out there in the Pacific NW!! Yep, we do Flamingos BIG down here, and it lots of crazy colors too!!! They wear Santa hats, Halloween hats, sunglasses and can be found just about everywhere in the state. I am looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with your new flock!! LOL!!

Karla, your neighbor's Santa sleigh idea with the Flamingoes is so clever@!! I love it!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 11 2018 :  6:32:00 PM  Show Profile
Katmom---this is funny so I am going to give you a bump.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - May 13 2018 :  10:07:18 PM  Show Profile
I had fun perusing through 'pinterest'... and spotted a gazillion ideas with flamingos...

I can totally do this!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on May 13 2018 11:23:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Attack of the Killer Flamingos!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page