HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2018 :  3:54:53 PM  Show Profile
I love to hunt for wild mushrooms. I find boletes, chanterelles, chicken of the woods, and hen of the woods. Chicken of the woods is my very favorite. Who enjoys mushrooming and what kinds do you find? And us mushroomers all know that there are old mushroomers and there are bold mushroomers---there are no old, bold mushroomers.

You Might Be a Redneck If---you've transported a goat in an economy car.---Jeff Foxworthy

Windy Meadows Farm
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Mary
Ohio
USA
40 Posts

Posted - May 07 2018 :  08:28:55 AM  Show Profile
I haven't seen morel mushrooms in ages...we always hunted for them while I was growing up, but now I hardly see them. I love their taste...a once-a-year treat. I overheard a man at the farmers' market tell a vendor he'd pay $50 a pound for them. Yikes, maybe I'd better get looking!

Mary
https://windymeadowsfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 07 2018 :  4:53:55 PM  Show Profile
Morel mushrooms are the one mushroom I have never found. I know several people who find them---they are called molly moochers here in West Virginia. One spring my neighbor came down to get me and show me a patch of morels at her house. We picked some and she came home with me and cooked them for us. They were so good, but that is the only time I have gotten to eat any of them. But they are afraid to eat any of the mushrooms I find and I gather a lot more---so I guess I come out ahead.
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic gathering wild mushrooms Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page