Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Bill and Bramble . .. Bramble has cancer!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Bill and Bramble . .. Bramble has cancer!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 14 2018 :  11:00:01 AM  Show Profile
Will pray for your sweet doggie. I had a bad dog experience last August. Even though I live a mile and two tenths down a dirt road---some dumbhead had to drive down in here and pull up in my drive way. He hit my pug on the way out but I did not know it until later. He broke her hips on both sides and we had to take her to Virginia Tech and have her operated on. She could not walk for two months--- I kept her in a crib. Then I had to leash walk her for two months. She had a few issues and I had to keep taking her to our local vet. It was a big job---almost like waiting on a person. She is fine now and so happy---the light of my life. So I really do understand how you feel about Bramble.

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - May 14 2018 :  3:19:49 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about Bramble. Hope he does have a speedy recovery.

Our little big girl has been having trouble getting up on the bed so Daddy put the matress on the floor. Now we sleep almost on the ground. This is ok but I am sorta fluffy and getting out of bed in the morning isn't easy. I guess I am not the head Diva of the house.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 15 2018 :  6:07:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh, so sorry for dear Bramble. She and you are in my prayers. We sure love our fur babies. God bless, Bonnie.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - May 23 2018 :  04:43:19 AM  Show Profile
Ceejay--I love all living creatures---but I hate cows. I feel so sorry for them and I cry when I see them in cattle trucks. I could never stand to fool with cattle. Goats and donkeys are so much more pettable and I even kiss them---LOL. I was at a cook out at our friends house and she was talking about butchering their next cow and she said she just saw steaks when she looked at that cow. I felt kinda sick and could hardly eat the steak she had cooked---LOL> Still praying for your sweet doggie. I mean don't talk about eating a cow when it is alive and standing by the fence while you are cooking another cow. UGH.

Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.===Sherrilyn Kenyon
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 23 2018 :  6:41:18 PM  Show Profile
SO sorry, CJ. Prayers sent for your sweet dog. Hugs to you.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Farmgirl #5554
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  06:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Dear Cee Jay,
My heart is breaking for all of you. Many warm hugs, keeping you all in my prayers. Hugs Karla

FGOM March 2018

I dusted once, it came back. I'm not falling for that again.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  06:58:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh CJ....my heart aches for you. I've never ever been very brave saying goodbye to my for babies. Medical Technology has come very far so I am hoping and praying there is something they can do for Bramble to not only ease his pain but heal him as well. Just praying for peace and comfort. So very sorry CJ.

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  10:03:55 AM  Show Profile
CJ
I am so sad, my heart is breaking for all three of you right now. You are both great fur baby parents. I am praying hard right now for all of you.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  10:42:52 AM  Show Profile
CJ and Bill,
So sorry to hear this. I will be thinking and praying for all of you come Tuesday.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  10:49:51 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay, I am so sorry that Bramble has cancer and it has spread. Poor little Darling!!! My daughter just lost her Great Dane to the same disease a month ago. A tumor was also in her leg and swelled up quickly sending them to the vet for help. They also had to made the painful decision to have her put down . It is very painful to lose your sweetest fur friend!! When I lost my Bump kitty this past December, it was terribly hard and hubby and I were heart broken.

I pray that these final days together with Bramble will be peaceful and that she can rest. Farmgirl Hugs for this extra hard time you are faced with.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  5:08:57 PM  Show Profile
I am so very sorry my friend. She is a true dog treasure. I know you will miss her.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  10:14:32 PM  Show Profile
CJ... just wrapping you all in prayers.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 27 2018 :  05:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So sorry for you and Bramble. Will be thinking about you on Tuesday. Bramble will be whole again in Doggie Heaven.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 27 2018 :  10:37:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh CJ, I am SO sorry to hear this sad news about Bramble. It is a terrible loss when our furbabies are called home. My heart breaks for you and your dear hubby. I pray that you have peaceful days with Bramble this weekend. Will be thinking of you all on Tuesday. I hope all your wonderful memories of Bramble will comfort you.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Farmgirl #5554
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - May 27 2018 :  12:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Dianna and all Farmgirls, There is nothing to be done. She's too sick! This cancer is quite advanced and we believe by what's going on the past 3-4 days is that it has also gone into her digestive tract. She has refused ALL food for 4 days. She drinks water but that's it.

But she has the heart and spirit of a warrior and I'm amazed at her right now is how she is STILL keeping an eye . . . as best she can . . on Bill and Me. She's a cattle dog so she has incredible "herder/protector" instincts. We've both told her that while we do NOT want her to go, it is okay for her to let go . . . she doesn't need to suffer any longer. So, for now, we just hang out with her and talk about everything, pet her a lot and love on her! And try to deal with our own aching hearts! Darn it!
THANKS FOR KIND WORDS and PRAYERS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 27 2018 12:13:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - May 27 2018 :  12:29:38 PM  Show Profile
My precious CeeJay,
Skip and I just went through that with our little dog Jack. I am asking God to wrap his loving arms around Bill and you and to bless you both abundantly with peace and comfort. Having you share the many stories of Bramble in the past years, I feel like she most definitely is one of our little furry farmsisters. I will be praying for courage and strength for Bill, You and Birdie. May God bless you and keep you.

Love and Hugs!

Debbie and Skip (Farmbrother Big Buzz and Buzzn Bee,
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - May 27 2018 :  3:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all my dear farmsisters!

"buzzn bee" ... I'm SOOOOO GLAD to "hear" your voice too! It's been a while I think! Sorry you and Skip went through that. It's just so DANGED HARD!!!

THANK YOU AGAIN!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Bill and Bramble . .. Bramble has cancer!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page