Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Mardi Gras ATC Swap- Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mardi Gras ATC Swap- Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 4

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  10:07:30 AM  Show Profile
I emailed Jutta with my home address.

A Life Without a Friend, Is a Life Without Sun
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4341 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4341 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  10:45:51 AM  Show Profile
I totally agree Linda!!!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

505 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
505 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  1:58:26 PM  Show Profile
Aw, thank you, ladies, for being so welcoming! I love crafting, and I love the idea of sharing with each other!

Farmgirl #6994

“Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than those you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the wind in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain ~
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2018 :  06:15:10 AM  Show Profile
HI
Hannah, we are glad you joined this group.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  10:44:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jutta, I will mail out your ATC this friday. I've been under the weather and haven't been out.

Farmgirl #3842

Edited by - Simple Living on Feb 20 2018 10:46:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

jmcraftygal
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Jutta
Armstrong BC
Canada
118 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  11:01:03 PM  Show Profile
No rush, yours will go out tomorrow.
I hope you feel better soon.
quote:
Originally posted by Simple Living

Hi Jutta, I will mail out your ATC this friday. I've been under the weather and haven't been out.

Farmgirl #3842

Farmgirl #7553
Living a creative life.
http://craftygalscreations.blogspot.ca/
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4341 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4341 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  06:12:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Deb!! Your atc is heading out this morning!! Happy day everyone and blessings of healing for you Joan!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  11:45:06 AM  Show Profile
Hannah, I mailed your ATC yesterday and you should have it by tomorrow.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

505 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
505 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2018 :  3:41:09 PM  Show Profile
Linda, oh, how exciting! Yours was mailed out today! #128578;

Farmgirl #6994

“Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than those you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the wind in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain ~
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  9:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Darlene! I finished my ATC and will be putting it in the mail tomorrow!

quote:
Originally posted by darlenelovesart

My ATC card is just waiting for its new partner, Yay!

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

505 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
505 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  1:16:08 PM  Show Profile

It was Mardi Gras in my mailbox when I got home from work today! Thank you so much, Linda, for the gorgeous card and all the sweet little goodies! You have made me feel very welcome for my first swap, and I am definitely looking forward to many more!

Farmgirl #6994

“Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than those you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the wind in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain ~
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7523 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7523 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  1:47:11 PM  Show Profile
What a pretty ATC and things you received in your package Hannah, Nice work Linda.

Debbie I just mailed your ATC package in the mail. The tracking number is 9114901496451339136317
i hope you like it.
hugs

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  4:34:53 PM  Show Profile
You are so welcome Hannah and I'm glad to know you enjoyed it. Will be going to our po box
on Monday so will let you know when I pick up your ATC. I hope you enjoy many more fun
swaps here! Thanks for the kind words Darlene.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my

Edited by - hummingbirdjoy on Feb 23 2018 4:35:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4341 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4341 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2018 :  5:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhh Linda its beautiful!!!! Awesome package!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  3:00:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, I didn’t include tucks!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7523 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7523 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  4:11:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie, Tucks aren't necessary just fun, no worry's, I am looking forward to you ATC though.
Hope you get yours by Monday or Tuesday.

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  5:00:09 PM  Show Profile
Mine will be mailed on Monday.
We had an ice storm delux. We were without power, land line, tv, internet, even cell phone service for 67 hours.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7523 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7523 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  5:07:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh my word I bet that was beautiful but awful. No fun either. Take care Marilyn.
Is it melted?

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4341 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4341 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  5:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Holy smokes Marilyn! That's awful! I hope you had blankets and food!! Please stay safe!

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4341 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4341 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  5:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Deb/oneredzinnia tucks are not required so please do not feel badly! We do what we can but the ATC swap is a fun swap in and of itself!!

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  8:29:22 PM  Show Profile
We had rain on Tuesday. Then Wednesday morning more rain as the temps dropped. Almost 1/2" thick on windshields. No school. Then that afternoon we had two major thunderstorms move through. Thunder, lightening and lots of rain at 29 degrees. Of course the power was lost. No school. No college classes. Thursday it was beautiful...but we began to hear cracking noises...trees so heavy with ice were breaking apart. My husband and I saw two huge limbs fall across the road, where my son and Trust in had moved one out of the way not 30 minutes earlier. I sent a text saying come home Wade! Of course he could not get home but another guy who works for him got his chain saw and they got the tree cut up and moved. Julie was taking Baylee to try on her wedding dress in Fort Worth that day. They had to wait for the tree removal. A other tree on our land fell blocking access to their house and our neighbors. That mad came on his tractor to move it so they could all get home. It is so sad how many trees are damaged or killed. We were warm, with food and water just no phone service of any kind, no lights etc. The text I sent my son was the only one I sent that connected...Thank God. No school Friday either. Many bucket trucks from other parts of Texas came to help. Wade said the men who got our power restored were from South of here down around Austin i think. I talked to a young woman in Wal-Mart this morning, her parents have a dairy about four miles from us. She said they were renting a compressor for $600 every right hours to run the milkers. Sadly the milk is not cold and they have lost some cows! That is so sad. Nice hard working folks too. I will say this...I learned a lot. I thanked God so many times because I was not upset. The food in the freezers was still frozen solid when the power came on at five pm today. We are refilling the milk jugs and kitty litter jugs with more water. The oil lamps came in handy but we need a Coleman lantern for a brighter light. We had a new supply of propane, so two burners on the kitchen stove and the wood heater kept us warm.
I read that some folks may not have power until the second week of March. I will pray for them. I also hope you never experience an ice storm like ours. I've survived ice events before...but never one like this one.

TexasGran

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 24 2018 8:36:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6474 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6474 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2018 :  04:58:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh , Marilyn that’s a long time to be without electricity, I hope the storms have moved on.
It is amazing and wonderful how community’s pull together in a time of crisis.
Take care Sweet Marilyn and stay safe.

Hugs,
Deborah (My birth name, just found out) I love this name!
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018

“My altars are My Mountains and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2018 :  08:52:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marilyn I was thinking of you when I saw all the pics and news of the ice storm up there. Praise that you all are safe and warm. The rain just keeps pouring here. We can't get out my front drive and thankfully have a back way out. Everything is muddy and slushy! Stay safe, warm, and dry!
Farmgirl Hugs!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1268 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1268 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2018 :  08:56:35 AM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear about all you and those around you have been going through Marilyn! That is terrible to hear about and I hope that things are rapidly improving there. So glad to hear that you are OK through all of this though!! No worries on the ATC mailing... send it whenever you can, this is certainly not a priority, just stay safe and take care of yourself! I will be mailing yours out tomorrow and I hope it will bring a smile to your face. Hang in there and keep warm and safe! <3
Sarah

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

All good things are wild and free- Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2018 :  11:34:30 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Hannah for your wonderful ATC! It turned out great. Pretty design with the little
black music notes, tiny parade beads and sweet eye masks. The fleur de lis embellishment
and matching ribbon really added to it. You did a great job on your first ever ATC !!! Thanks
for being my partner and thank you Dianna for this fun "Mardi Gras" swap!

Marilyn, Hope your weather improves greatly. That was a lot to endure but glad to hear you
still had heat and you had food on hand. A person can never really predict some of these
dangerous storms. Just glad to hear you are safe.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my

Edited by - hummingbirdjoy on Feb 25 2018 11:39:32 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mardi Gras ATC Swap- Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page