Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Big favor from East Texas Farmgirl Sisters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Big favor from East Texas Farmgirl Sisters Next Topic  

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  07:05:33 AM  Show Profile
Hubby and I are planning to retire this year and we are looking into moving to North East Texas. We are planning a visit in Springtime. I was wondering if any of you that live in this area would be willing to share pictures of your city, town or area. Hubby still thinks Texas is full of tumbleweeds. I think one more would be ok. If you wish you can email them to me. Thanks in advance

TW

The best way to avoid housework is to live outside! Sandra Blacksmith 1900.

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6788 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6788 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  07:40:16 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I've lived in Paris, county seat of Lamar County along the Red River in north east Texas going on six years. I don't have any pictures but here's the Chamber of Commerce web site
http://www.paristexas.com/#

I live in town and haven't seen much of the countryside.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  07:48:43 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the upcoming retirement Nancy! Not that there is anything wrong with Texas, it is a beautiful state, but I am curious...why Texas?

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  08:10:29 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Nancy -
I live in Lone Oak, TX, population 597 (and that doesn't include me, because I live out in the county). LOL! We are 16 miles south of Greenville, and about 60 miles north of Tyler, along US69. Another nice area is Anderson County and Palestine, TX. Texas is a great state.

A lot of people from California come to Texas - they can sell their California home and buy 2-3 here - one to live in and 2 to rent out for an income.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  12:43:18 PM  Show Profile
I am probably a little more south than where you are looking. I am in Livingston which is about 100+ miles south of Tyler. Welcome to the Pinewoods of East Texas! Congrats on your retirement!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
...When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile...
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  2:33:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone. I will check out the website Sara.

Jana, I have ancestors from Texas. My dad and I were born here in So. Cal. My pat. grandad was born in Wise Co. Great Grandmom Annie in Houston. Hubby's mom and sister with her family live in Ft. Worth. Love the culture and politics of the state. Plus it is much less expensive and we can get more acres. I have always felt like a Southern gal even when I lived through my surfer days way back when.

Linda, you are fairly close to where we are looking. Tyler has all the stores and services we like. Thanks.

Debbie,
Love the Livingston area but we want to be a little closer to his family. (sorta). We will probably visit Livingston many times once we are there.

TW

Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  2:43:57 PM  Show Profile
congratulations Nancy on the move! I'm not anywhere near Texas. Keep us posted on the progress.

Tiana ~ Farmgirl #4817

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  2:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tiana, I will. I just hope me and my things survive the move. Hubby grew up in a military family and travels light. I have 60yrs of living I have to go through. Sigh

TW

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Big favor from East Texas Farmgirl Sisters Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page