Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Block of the Month??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Block of the Month?? Next Topic  

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  5:33:54 PM  Show Profile
Is anyone thinking of doing a block of the month club this year for quilting or crocheting? Or any sort of "project of the month" where we all work on the same project? I would offer to host but I have no idea how to write up a pattern for a block each month for either of those things..... I don't actually quilt yet but would love to learn and thought a BOM might be a good way to do that.... If anyone is please let me know or if someone wants to tell me HOW to do it I can probably arrange it :).

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  6:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I hosted a Block of the Month for Quilting last year and have asked for someone to take it over this year due to other obligations. I would love for you to do this. You can read the last few BOM posts and even copy/paste the info. Just change the Volunteers chose 2 patterns each month and people could make one or both of them in their own fabrics so they would have a quilt when they had made enough blocks. All chosen blocks were to be from www.quilterscache.com and the link to the patterns were posted in the intro paragraph each month.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  6:20:00 PM  Show Profile
I’ll go look at the last few posts from last year and see if I think I can do it!! I definitely didn’t want to step on any toes if someone was planning to do it but since I know you are looking for someone to take over I’ll look into it and let everyone know in the next couple days!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  6:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
That is great, Sabrina. Thank you!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  6:26:45 PM  Show Profile
Ok I just looked, looks easy enough especially since I don’t always have to be the one choosing! I’ll do it! (And hopefully learn to quilt in the process!) I’ll get the post for January ready by the end of this week.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  6:28:53 PM  Show Profile
I’m considering also doing a crochet BOM club and/or a monthly one skein crochet project if anyone else is interested in that!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  6:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Wonderful! I would suggest that you choose several months' worth of patterns when you are at the sight. Start with easier patterns and add in a harder one once in a while. Her sight is a wonderful source of patterns.

Denise was very good about choosing patterns. A few others also chose patterns. When I started I always chose the patterns.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  6:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Perfect thanks!! I’ll go on there and choose several I like, I’ll try to do simple and slightly more challenging each month like you did.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Block of the Month?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page