Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 * * * Finish Those UFOs in 2018 * * *
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic * * * Finish Those UFOs in 2018 * * * Next Topic
Page: of 14

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2018 :  1:00:49 PM  Show Profile
I have some stuff done. I just haven't posted the pictures.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2018 :  12:43:31 PM  Show Profile
That great Marie! I can wait to see your projects. Sadly I didn't finish mine. I realized I needed one more item to finish them and haven't had a chance to make it to the store yet.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2018 :  9:23:47 PM  Show Profile
I finished cleaning out my craft room a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture before I started, but every surface was piled high. I had a table in there that wasn't used for anything other than piles, but my daughter needed a table for moving out, so that started it. I took some folding tables and started moving everything out into the hallway and sorting it. Lots of garbage, lots of donations, and I have the remainder that I actually have intentions of using. I moved down a large filing cabinet and sorted all my cotton fabrics onto the file hangers. They're easy to see and much much tidier. I can't take credit for the idea, I saw it on FB a couple of years ago. All the drawers and cupboards are organized and not so full that you can't find anything. It probably took me 4-5 days to get it all done. Well worth it though.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

"When life gets super crazy, do your art. It helps you remember the exquisite, imaginary, delightful, lovely side of what is otherwise sometimes a bit much" Sylvia Olsen
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2018 :  12:18:12 PM  Show Profile
Jill, that looks fantastic! And I love the idea of how you sorted your fabric. That's a really good idea. It's amazing the things people can come up with. I eventually need to tackle you craft room.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  08:35:43 AM  Show Profile
Looks wonderful

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  08:39:11 AM  Show Profile
This year is going fast . I did manger to get 4 tie blankets and empty my fleece box. Now to get them donated somewhere.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  08:41:31 AM  Show Profile
I'll update the statistics soon. Sorry for my lack of attention to this.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  2:56:50 PM  Show Profile
Completing the mending that seemed worth doing when I cleaned out is going to be my next UFO. I got rid of everything that needed to be mended before it could be donated except one pair of ski pants that were too good to toss. That reduced the pile.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

"When life gets super crazy, do your art. It helps you remember the exquisite, imaginary, delightful, lovely side of what is otherwise sometimes a bit much" Sylvia Olsen
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  10:40:16 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Ruthie!

Don't stress Marie! It's almost a UFO itself!

Jill, that's such a good idea. I bet I could downsize my pile if I did that. It sad because some have sat for so long they probably don't even fit anymore.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  3:55:42 PM  Show Profile
Some of the ones in my mending pile were probably grown out of about 10 years ago!!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  6:58:10 PM  Show Profile
Jill, what a great idea using your hanging files for fabric.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2018 :  4:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Here's some stuff I have finished:

I have had trouble keeping a bar on Lowell's pants. It always rips off. I had to patch it with a piece of wool and sew the bar on with nylon thread. I hope this one stays.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  8:23:09 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry to say that this has not been a successful year for those UFO's but I am hopeful that I will have a lot more free time next year as the school district I work for is finalizing early retirement incentives.

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  12:51:18 PM  Show Profile
I have had oodles of fabric just sitting around . Have cut them into jolly bars 5inx10in squares and 5 in squares . So they can be turned into quilts. Making some little progress.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2018 :  2:01:23 PM  Show Profile
I have not done well on my UFO's either. With renovating the house, and then a flood. My only grandson was married this Summer and I was blessed to officiate. Here is a pic of him with new wife..sweet woman. I finally completed 6 burp cloths for a g-gson to be born on November 26. Finished a set of place mats to go with my mil's dishes. Made them for my dgd who now has the dishes. Next project is an child's apron with some of the "Go Michigan" fabric for big sister of new g-gson. Can't play favorites you know. Will keep trying to post pics of my sewing. No luck right now.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2018 :  10:04:58 AM  Show Profile
Finally here are my recent finished UFOs:.
I have to keep searchcing for the photo of the place mats.
We have a dusting of snow this morning. Pretty! Time to bring my gazing balls in.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2018 :  12:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Judith, your burp cloths are beautiful! Those kind are my favorite. The bigger the better. The ones you buy in the store are so dang small they never catch it all. Congratulations to your grandson and his new wife!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2018 :  8:34:41 PM  Show Profile
Love the burp towels/rags. Where do I find a pattern for that size?

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2018 :  11:00:15 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Jill! I am so impressed with your fabric storage and organized sewing room!

Marie, great job reinforcing Lowell's tab. It is really tiring trying to redo those!

Thank you, Krista. I really like making the burp cloths. Easy to make with fun prints.

Thank you, Ruthie. I google most of my patterns. Just google free burp cloth patterns. Then I print it off. Then I make an extra pattern or print an extra for wear and tear. I'm not sure this is as large as you would like. I know it covers the shoulder. I think you could make it larger just by cutting a larger pattern around what is given. I would be happy to make a pattern for you if you don't have a printer. (easy peasey) I just googled a free child's apron pattern and printed that. I am making that to match the dark blue burp cloth. (2 sided, with yellow and white polka dots on other side).

Farmgirl sister #3926

Edited by - forgetmenot on Nov 11 2018 11:08:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2018 :  8:39:31 PM  Show Profile
Those burp cloths look lovely Judith! Any new mother would be happy to receive those!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Edited by - jillyd on Nov 11 2018 8:40:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  11:34:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Jill! (It helps if you are a Michigan fan. lol)

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  2:52:23 PM  Show Profile
I knocked 2 more things off my UFO list this last weekend! Both of them are wood blocks. They are my favorite craft to do. And I completed them just in time for the holidays.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  8:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Those are great Krista, I especially love the boxes, they look so inviting!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2018 :  10:26:00 AM  Show Profile
Really cute, Krista!

I finished a many moons ago promised gift for a MJF friend! That's why I can't show it! But it's done. Now to mail it.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Edited by - forgetmenot on Nov 14 2018 10:28:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2018 :  2:40:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jill and Judith! Our wood craft store is going out of business. Makes me really sad. It's been one of my favorite stores for years. Right now they are doing some close out sales and I picked up a small monogram letter and circle so I can make it for my brother for Christmas. I'm going to miss decorating wood blocks.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic * * * Finish Those UFOs in 2018 * * * Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page