Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2017 :  09:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So I didn't get to put up everything and I have to admit I am a shameless hoarder of Christmas decorations, but I wanted to share some of our Christmas decor before it all has to be packed away again for another year!

Antique Ceramic Christmas Tree from my Paternal Grandma Dorothy. She had a ceramics studio and craft store in our town before I was was born. She passed away shortly after Christmas when I was about six.

I have an "uncoordinated" tree because I love the kid ornaments and the ones we have collected over the years. I even have one that is from the first tree my parents had together!

New to me Christmas Village! I got it for free from Facebook! With bubble lights and garland in the background!

Our Stockings- The dogs share one and the cats share one ;)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2017 :  10:42:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh Alee,,, I so love the ceramic trees...I have several vtg. ones..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2017 :  2:01:06 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Grace. I love your ceramic tree. It reminds me of Christmas when I was a child. Many of my parents decorations where just like that. Also I love your Christmas village. I have a bit of an obsession with my Christmas village and I'm always adding more and more each year. I am probably up to 30 houses by now. Sadly this year I didn't get them out. I had so much going on with life I never got around them. Next year will be better.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2018 :  9:27:21 PM  Show Profile
I remember my grandmother having a lighted ceramic tree, I always loved that growing up! So pretty! Happy new year!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  06:42:08 AM  Show Profile
I have a small lighted ceramic tree that my Mom made one year when she was having fun at a local ceramic shop. I like to use it on the top shelf of my old vintage stove in the kitchen along with a few other vintage items that belonged to Mom as well. For many years, I was not that interested in these ceramic pieces, but now that I am much older, I appreciate them. When lit up, they are very cheerful and easy to use when decorating a bigger tree is not possible. I am glad you have this family heirloom to enjoy in your family traditions now!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  08:12:20 AM  Show Profile
I have been able to collect a few of these,, and as is with most of these,,, over the years the previous owners lost/misplaced the pegs,,, but thank goodness I was able to go online and find a couple of companies that sell the colorful pegs,,, I think I might order a set of clear ones for one of my trees,,, as well as more colorful ones for the other trees...
I luv the internet,,, you can find anything and everything all from the comfort of ones recliner...lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  08:29:49 AM  Show Profile
I love Christmas decorations and hope some day to be able to slow down enough to enjoy the holiday season. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas travel, annual cookie making marathon the holidays usually slip away from us too fast. I did get some decorations up, but hope to get everything I own and store each year up all at once.

Jana

https://homemadewithhart.blogspot.com/
http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjcraftsstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  2:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes I had to order the new pegs from amazon a few years ago. It came in a package of 100 so I don't stress if I find some on the floor!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Christmas Decorations Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page