Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 When I Still Believed in Santa...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic When I Still Believed in Santa... Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2017 :  3:25:41 PM  Show Profile
It's funny,,, one of our grandgirlies told us that some of her classmates didn't believe in Santa,,, Well Opa (my hubby) said he still believed in the goodness in Santa and not to let a few kids take that away from her...
I got to thinking,,, how old was I when I started having my doubts in the existence of Santa... I recall my dad telling me that because there are so many people in the world,,, that actually there are lots of Santas,, so that no one would be over looked.. I think I was about 8-ish,, the same age as my grandgirlie,,,

This photo was taken in 1962, Ft. Knox, KY.

In our family,,, we opened our gifts on Christmas Eve,,, sis and I were not over indulged with gifts,,
Christmas day was our day to be with family and friends...
Merry Christmas,, and your never to old to believe in Santa....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 18 2017 3:28:29 PM

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2017 :  4:13:41 PM  Show Profile
My sister is 4 years older than me so I guess I knew by 6 but I never told anybody that I stopped believing in Santa. To me Santa and Jesus stand for the same things - hope and love.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2017 :  8:21:23 PM  Show Profile
Nora,,, true...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  12:17:04 AM  Show Profile
Ha, and when I was little I was worried sick about Santa, because we always had a roaring fire in our fireplace and I would hope he wouldn't come down our chimney. I was always hoping he would skip our chimney so he wouldn't get burned up. What a worry for a little girl!! Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  07:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I remember I had to be around 8-9... I noticed that the handwriting on the gift tag from Santa had identical writing to my dad! My daughter is 10 and I think she knows pretty well but she asked me today how old Santa must be. I'm keeping it going as long as I can. I love the magic of the Holidays. I'm a kid at heart. I love hiding the Easter Eggs, writing notes from the Leprechauns- the whole works :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  09:20:34 AM  Show Profile
Oh Annie,,, living on Military Bases,, we never had chimneys,,, so daddy assured me, the front door was being left un-locked that evening... HoHoHo!

Alee,,, I hear ya,,, I too am going to do all I can to make Christmas fun for the grands,,, life sneaks up on us soon enough,,, so lets all be 'kids' as long as we can....
HoHoHo...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  10:39:06 AM  Show Profile
I can't remember when I stopped believing in Santa. I do remember a Christmas Day when we were at our grandparents opening presents. I was excited and happy. My dad must not have been. He said to me that I and the other kids were being greedy. I remember my elation falling away. After that I started to rethink Christmas. I decided a successful Christmas was about what I gave not what I got. For many years, I carefully shopped for everyone in the family and only asked for what I needed not what I wanted. I became a Christmas hater for a while as I followed through with the holiday. It just didn't seem special any more.

I am still a little put off by Christmas and I make up for it by being generous and joyful. I believe that everyone is a Santa this time of year.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  10:49:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh what a sad thing to have had happen! A good reminder to me to watch what I say and how I react this time of year!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  12:40:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry Marie. That would be so rough. I'm sorry you had to feel that way.

I was a very naïve little girl. I never questioned anything and it's because I never thought about it. I just simply believed and I knew that when I grew up I wanted to be the real Mrs. Claus. My parents were great at keeping the secret hidden. Our presents only contained our first initial in a different handwriting so I never put handwritings together. I do remember when I found out the truth. I was about 11 years old and I got into an argument with a friend at school who insisted that there was no Santa. When I got home I asked my mom and she told me the truth. I cried for the longest time. I even remember how hard that Christmas was as I watched my 6 year old brother super excited for Santa and I was just heartbroken. As crazy as it seems I still believe in Santa! And I love being Mrs. Claus in real life for my boys!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2017 :  4:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Krista- have you ever seen the “Dear Ryan” letter about Santa?
https://www.diyncrafts.com/9189/lifehacks/4-heartwarming-letters-explain-santa-kids#gallery_4

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2017 :  12:09:45 PM  Show Profile
I haven't. I'll have to check it out.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic When I Still Believed in Santa... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page