Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Portia’s JANUARY 2018 Card Swap
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Portia’s JANUARY 2018 Card Swap Next Topic
Page: of 3

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2018 :  3:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Officially Closed..
Look for your address lists tonight..

If anyone does not receive a list, please let me know..
mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  2:09:50 PM  Show Profile
My January cards were dropped in mail today, January 7, 2018.

Hugs and Giggles

Buzzn Bee
Deborah Horn
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  2:46:56 PM  Show Profile
Mine were mailed yesterday. Snow is one it's way.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  3:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Mine will go out by Tuesday... just got a few finishing touches.

Broke a tooth that had had a root canal and it’s dentist time Monday. Soo fun..Not! Broke at the gum line, so it’s dig it out time. Ouch !!
Can’t wait..at least there’s no pain...yet. The upside is I’ll lose some weight on a soup diet for a couple of days..
And have an excuse to put off a little house work. Win Win here..Ha Ha!

Oh , okay..maybe start work on Feb cards too... mary.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  11:20:20 AM  Show Profile
Marlene,thank you for the beautiful card. The front makes me think of what Heaven will look like. I LOVE IT!!!

Hugs and Giggles!
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  2:59:23 PM  Show Profile
Mine went out today.

Mary, so sorry to hear about your tooth breaking off. Hope your dentist gets it fixed with
as little discomfort as possible.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  4:56:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Linda. Extraction was interesting.little guy did not want to come out. Then blood clotting too slow and had to go back for stitches. I imagine by tomorrow everything will have settled down. Enjoying the evening petting my kitty.

Looking forward to your cards.they're always sweet.
Mary

Edited by - Madelena on Jan 08 2018 4:57:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  6:35:26 PM  Show Profile
Mary, sorry to hear you had to go back for stitches. I've had extensive dental work done over
the years and I can sure empathize. Your lucky kitty gets extra attention while you're on the
mend. We have a greyhuahua we adopted about a year ago from a no kill shelter. He is so
sweet but sometimes we think he is a cat as he loves to sit and be petted. He is greyhound/
Chihuahua mix and people ask what that looks like...I just tell them a Chihuahua on stilts!
He has such long legs and the whippet in him makes him race like the wind around the house
inside or outside. Anyways, hope you're on the mend and feeling lots better soon.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  7:29:48 PM  Show Profile
Mary, I feel for you. Having all of my top teeth extracted this summer...now that was an ordeal. Lots of stitches, lots of pain meds four dental visits and the oral surgeon. I know how you feel. But I also know that you will be better soon. Love your kitty! Meow!!!

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  8:19:30 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - Madelena on Jan 08 2018 8:31:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  8:29:57 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Madelena

Linda.. A Greythuahua??? You know what the million dollar question is... who was the mama dog??? And Greyts are the most Cat-like dog, so I understand.

I had a Rescue Greythougd-Saluki....Beautiful fawn Dog, But the Saluki is an aloof breed and just “ Wants to be left alone”. Scared of his own shadow. He was out in the yard “ frozen in time”and I though maybe he found a little rattle snake. I circled behind him and found that this big, brave dog was terrorized by a Snail crawling on a blade of grass.

He’s now back living with his foster mom aka new adoptive mom. He was so neurotic and could not adjust to our 1/2 time camping life style. Poor puppy. It was such a very hard decision to let him go back, But he is happier with the more predictable, home bound lifestyle. Plus she has two more adoptee Greyts for company.

I still get to visit with him when his “mom”and I get together for a 3 Days of quilting.

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  10:51:33 AM  Show Profile
Ah...sweet pic of your rescue greyhound Mary and sorry he didn't work out. I've heard the
greyhounds are very timid. Don't know who the mama was for ours but he is "Italian Greyhound (smaller breed) and Chihuahua. He's so cute and kids and adults want to come up and
pet him all the time and he has a curly tail. They all think he is a "puppy" but he is actually
4 yrs old. He is a great guard dog as he will bark if anything is amiss but most of the time
very quiet. Gets along well with other dogs and we have a friend who also has a greyhuahua
and they get along great.
Marilyn, I remember when you had mentioned going through all you did with your dental
work as well and glad that is all over with for you. Dental work is a must at times but we
sure don't enjoy it when it happens.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  1:55:21 PM  Show Profile
Linda... would you want to post a pic of a greyhuahua? I’d love to see him..
Mary

Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  6:05:32 PM  Show Profile
Mary, not able to post a pic but if you google, "greyhuahua" and then click on images he is
a tan and white one.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my

Edited by - hummingbirdjoy on Jan 09 2018 6:08:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  7:03:42 PM  Show Profile
Aww, cute little guys. Love that they keep the It. Greyt ears..
Vicious..ha ha... so sweet.

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  10:40:18 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Marlene for your happy New year card!

Thanks Marilyn for your wintery Snowman . They both lifted my Spirits this week!

My cards are going out this afternoon!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August, 2014
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  5:14:56 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Ruthie wanted to start the year out ahead of the game but that isn't working out . I am working hard to the cards out . Hoping they will go out on Friday if we don't get the ice and snow they are calling for.Between work and sickness and a broken computer I'm behind. Hoping for a better Feb.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  6:28:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marlene, received your "New Year's" winter card with pretty ringing bells.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2018 :  4:18:05 PM  Show Profile
Nora....your Card is TOO CUTE!!!

I’m not posting a pic yet...I want everyone to enjoy this one!!!! Love him!!!!

Mary

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2018 :  4:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Buzzin Bee! Love your snow mailman! Love my name on the mailbox! So cute!! Linda, love your snowman picture too. and we got snow!!! the next day!!
Our mail did not come today. too much ice on theses backroads. so rare here for ice and snow, we don't have the equipment to clear the roads.

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Jan 12 2018 4:52:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2018 :  6:05:04 PM  Show Profile
Those are the cards I received also. Super cute. Thank you ladies and thanks to Connie for posting the pictures.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2018 :  6:44:04 PM  Show Profile
Got the Snowman...Soo very cute. Great job!! Love him. This is a great swap,. Cards are soo cute.
Mary

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2018 :  10:29:53 AM  Show Profile
WE may not get mail again today! Back Roads still icy and frozen! I am enjoying my Winter Cards!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2018 :  10:39:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting those pics, Connie. I've only received Marlene's so far but I'm sure there
will be more soon. I debated on a snowman or other theme and I see the snowman is popular
and love the different ideas everyone is coming up with. Marilyn's was super cute with the
puffy snow at bottom and darling snowman with ribbon scarf and Deb's, well, I think her
snowman had to know about your snow and ice Connie by the looks of your mailbox and all
that snow. Sure hope it melts soon and you get mail delivery again before too long.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2018 :  1:49:27 PM  Show Profile

Marlene, love your card! A New Year Is Beginning! I had a pretty rough 2017. Your card reminded me that there is always hope, to take things one day at a time, and live to love others. Thank You

Marilyn, Your snowman is so adorable! I love all of the mix media that you used to create such a sweet sweet card. Now why did I not think to use cotton on the bottom of my card. You gals are super creative for sure. Also loved the snow flake envelope. Thank you

Nora, Wow! What a cute idea to use bottle caps to fashion your snowman. My granddaughter has bottle caps someone gave her. She is now sitting next to me creating snow people. Love it!!! Thank You

Linda, Linda, Linda, Your card is just to stinkin cute. The snowman picture is so sweet, I just want to put it in my purse with grandkids pictures and claim him as one of my own. LOL! Absolutely ADORABLE!!!
Like I have said many times before, if you farmsisters could bottle some of that creativity it would be a money maker for sure. Thank You

I love all of my cards, and I love all of you!

Hugs and Giggles

Deborah Horn
Buzzn Bee

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Portia’s JANUARY 2018 Card Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page