Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Do you have a Sunday Supper tradition?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Do you have a Sunday Supper tradition? Next Topic  

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2017 :  12:26:44 PM  Show Profile
Call me old fashioned, but I just love the thought of the traditional Sunday supper and the family gathered around on a day of rest. I wonder how many of us still maintain some version of this tradition?
We have a variation of it in my family, and have for around 5-6 years. A niece suggested that those locals who can and want to gather at Grama Helen's, the 86-year-old matriarch, for a potluck-style evening meal on Sundays. Since this is Sunday at Great Grama Helen's we have dubbed it with the nickname SAGGH. The menu is always eclectic and varied, as each cook simply brings what he or she feels like bringing. Sometimes we have four main dishes and no sides, or only appetizers and a dessert. Once two different families brought prime rib!! We do try to communicate by group text so these things don't happen too often but no matter what the spread, it's always a meal, a board or card game, and good family visiting.

Do you have a Sunday meal tradition? Or maybe you have a memory of weekly gatherings you can share.
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Do you have a Sunday Supper tradition? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page