True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  1:42:25 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirl Friends,

I'm feeling nostalgic and sentimental... what's new!?

I haven't confided on Maryjanesfarm yet... but earlier this year, I declared 2017 my year of love. A declaration to myself to find ways to spread more love, express more love, do more loving things, to even allow myself time to stop and smell the flowers, to feel love and appreciate all aspects of love, to encourage others to the same. Love for each other, family, friends, and our Mother Earth. To share more random acts of kindness and share in those RAKS with our children, family and friends, to practice gratitude for all things loving for I believe being grateful results in happiness. I ask that each of my farmgirl friends also declare the remainder of 2017 the year of "LOVE" and to join me in spreading even more love than we may already be doing! After all, it is LOVE that makes the world go round!

The perfect place to start is with ourselves... I challenge you to write a love letter to yourself! I did earlier this year. It was difficult to get started, but once I finished my love letter to myself, I was so happy I did. I saved that letter and I have re read it several times this year when I needed those loving reminders. Why is it that so many of us are raised and taught to love thy neighbor, thy friends, thy family, but we're not taught to also love ourselves?

I wanted to share the following youtube video - I hope you watch it and enjoy it! And, I do hope you take the time to write yourself a love letter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojUrs28LeGM

XO

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2568 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2568 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  2:50:00 PM  Show Profile
April, I'd sure like to declare the remainder of 2017 the year of LOVE! The video was interesting, and I like the idea of writing a letter to myself. It sure gets you thinking.

http://www.naturemaiden.com/ Handcrafted Artisan Soap
http://saratoga-rose.blogspot.com/ My published books & other writing.
http://modern-day-laura.blogspot.com/ Filled with everything I love!
http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/ Vintage Sewing Machine Parts

Edited by - naturemaiden on Oct 10 2017 2:50:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  6:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Connie! So glad you're declaring the remainder of 2017 the year of LOVE as well! A girl after my own heart! I hope you have fun with it!! I just wrote a couple more random cards of love and inspiration and added ribbons to them to make them pretty, I also found a little journal I wrote the first loving and hopefully inspirational page in and I plan to leave them all around town where ever and when ever my heart dictates! For I believe who ever finds them will be in need of them! May sound corny to some, but makes my heart happy! I do those little things often. You never know, a sweet, unexpected surprise could be much needed brightness in someones day! Please share any experiences you come up with to spread more love! I would love to hear about them! (( hugs ))

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  09:21:59 AM  Show Profile
Aww I love this idea! I loved the video too! "Let's start with tea" lady was my favorite. It's very hard sometimes to take care of yourself without feeling selfish, or like you're doing something wrong. Having worked in the airline industry for almost 10 years, I always try to think of it in the same way the emergency instructions on a plane are given to you. Put on your own oxygen mask first, then help others. 2017 year of love! And really... why should it end there?

April I love your idea of leaving random inspirational things for people to find. Have you seen or participated in the rock painting? That's been happening in our little town, but I first saw it on vacation in South Haven Michigan.

Erin
Sister #3762
Farmgirl of the Month ~ March 2016
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  10:26:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Erin, No, I have never seen or participated in a rock painting? I guess I will have to google that this afternoon to learn about that. Maybe that's something new I can start in our little corner of the world! Thank you for taking time to read this post, watch the video and comment - makes my heart happy! Please share any inspiration in ways you may find to spread more love, I would love to hear about them!

On a side note: Two other inspiring websites to view are: 1) People Spread Love and 2) The Love Letter Library! I found the LLL a few months back and was so excited to find such a beautiful website and lovely lady who also leaves notes of love around town! Her mission is to grow more love! Truly Inspiring!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  12:51:46 PM  Show Profile
This is a great challenge. I would have a hard time writing myself a love letter but I know that afterwards I would feel much better and would enjoy reading it multiple times. I will do what I can to make the remainder of 2017 the year of love and will start by writing my own love letter! Thanks April for an important challenge. I hope many others choose to join in!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  06:43:05 AM  Show Profile
The rock painting, as I understand it, is people paint rocks with bright happy little pictures, inspirational words, or bible verses. They cover the rock with some kind of coating so the paint doesn't chip away, and they leave them for people to find. When you find a rock, if you take it, you replace it with your own rock or place it somewhere else for someone to find. One of the ladies in my church painted some with her grandson, which I thought was adorable!

Erin
Sister #3762
Farmgirl of the Month ~ March 2016
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2017 :  12:14:24 PM  Show Profile
I love the idea, Erin, thank you for sharing! Would be a fun project to do with the kids, too and then go find their perfect hiding place for the next person!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2017 :  06:32:48 AM  Show Profile
Love this idea April! Personally I can be my own worst enemy!! So this is so beautiful and I am going to share this with a couple of my buds around here! I would like to do this with Sara also. Her age group includes a lot of tough peer pressure! I want to keep it and place it with all her memoriablia so she can look back on it! :)
Erin we do the rock painting through our art studio here and place them all over for people to find and be encouraged! I love it! We've found 4 so far. We find them and then hide them again for others! :)

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Love Letter Challenge! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page