AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  06:16:58 AM  Show Profile
Anyone have any trips planned? I spent a good amount of time this weekend finishing cleaning and then packing our trailer. Our one and only trip this year will be the Wed through Sunday before Halloween - we can't WAIT!

We purchased our pull behind last year and we love it. Always had older RVs before. It's so nice to have a newer one!

I've packed everything but clothes and personal items, shampoo, etc. but will work on putting together anything I can that can go in early. Will wait to pack food until the night before! Except for things that go in the fridge once it is turned on. We've never seen any sign of critters in there and I want to keep it that way!

I've been brainstorming ways to improve the ease of setup once we get to the campsite. Thinking of making a list of items we need outside the camper, keeping them all in one spot and then having a small laundry basket handy to load everything into all at once so I'm not making dozens of trips in and out of the camper! I hate that!

I'm also excited to try something I ordered from Amazon - Mystical Fire Sticks - they turn the fire different colors! We'll have to wait until after we're done cooking any food on the fire but it will be worth the wait I hope!

Any camping tips and tricks to share? Would love to hear them!

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  4:09:31 PM  Show Profile
How exciting Jamie! Sadly I didn't get a chance to go camping this year and I'm bummed. Hoping next year will be better. Have fun with your trip and share stories when you get back!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  3:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hope you have a good time Jamie! No trips planned this fall for this glamper farmgirl . . . mountains have snow on them and it's too cold!! So, we just hunker down for the winter and wait until next season!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  06:55:16 AM  Show Profile
Jamie, have a wonderful camping trip this year. Fall sounds like just the perfect time to be out in nature and enjoy the color and cooler weather! Let us know about some of the highlights as you go along.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2017 :  07:45:29 AM  Show Profile
Jaime,

We went camping the same weekend! We went to Hot Springs, Ark. and stayed in a tiny cabin at Catherine's Landing. So much fun!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2017 :  11:43:18 AM  Show Profile
Jamie, how was your camping trip?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  08:15:39 AM  Show Profile
msdoolittle - Hot Springs! Nice! :) Hope you had good weather!

Krista - We had a great trip! Things got off to a rocky start - another couple that was supposed to be going with us canceled the day before we were supposed to go.

Luckily my sister was able to snag their campsite so instead of them pitching their tent on our site they had their own.

Weather got a little cold at times and we spent part of Friday night just sitting in the camper playing cards but all in all it went great!!!

Here is a picture of our campsite decorations:

People go ALL out - there is even a full size wooden pirate ship complete with marshmallow cannons! Another person had a huge blow up castle the kids walked through to get their candy! It's nuts!

Tango did GREAT camping! He and Whiskey were best buds as usual:

DS was Charlie Brown this year, and some friends came by with their kids for trick or treating Saturday - and they brought a box of donuts!!! LOL

And finally, here is a shot of the camper just after we got setup for the weekend:

I think we are getting better at camping! Setup went really smooth - all our little camping hacks worked great! Made things a lot easier!

I even got the oven to cooperate!!! Didn't burn a thing! And THAT is a victory!

Looking forward to more trips next year!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  11:50:02 AM  Show Profile
How fun, Jamie! It really looks like a blast. I'm so happy everything worked out for guys. The costumes are adorable!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  8:25:02 PM  Show Profile
I love it, Jaime! I was soooo surprised at the people who went all out for Halloween decor! The campground we were at even had a contest with a super COOL chair/ottoman as a top prize and also a pumpkin decorating contest. So fun!

Glad y'all had a good trip and yes, it was chilly, wasn't it? We even got a tiny bit of sleet on Saturday. I was so happy!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  2:38:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jaime... happy and envying that you got to sneak away one last time...
my lil trailers have been snug in the barn for nearly 3 weeks now and they won't get to come out and play until next April...
Oh how I miss them...

Snuggling with the family in a sweet trailer is the Best! Fur mudslides included!
>^••^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  06:06:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks guys! It was a great trip! Looking forward to going more often next year!
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Camping trips this fall? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page