Page: of 9

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  6:28:39 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, Thank you so much for all the seeds in the wonderful little handmade seed packets- I make similar little paper packets when I save seeds from the garden.
As soon as I saw the anise, I stuck it right up to my nose- I love the smell of anise (and licorice)! I've never grown it though, so that will be fun.
I smiled big when I saw the dill, too. I had wanted to grow it this past summer, but I didn't get seeds- now you've got me all set for next summer.
Love growing radish and lemon balm, thank you! Do you know if you sent me German or Roman chamomile seeds? I think I tried to grow that once a long time ago. It will be fun to do it again.
I have to admit that I had to look up to see what lantana looks like. I have certainly heard of it as it is quite popular around here, but I couldn't remember what it looks like- very pretty!
I sure am going to have lots of fun in the garden next year- thank you so much again!

Blessings to you on your life's journey.
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  08:14:53 AM  Show Profile
Lenora
Glad you liked your seeds. So fun to plant them all out out in my opinion.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  08:16:05 AM  Show Profile
Alise
I am right there with ya on anise, I love it. Smell is intoxicating. Have fun with it all.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

cyndieparz72
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Cyndie
Port Vue PA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  9:07:37 PM  Show Profile

Oh Debbie - You caused MORE TEARS OF JOY!!!!!!!! You could not have sent the tremendously generous b-day gift at yet again another "needed" time! I will explain to you why in the package I am sending to you within the next couple of days. I think you will smile!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the wonderful kittie box and the two vintage kittie statues. The books are AWESOME and can I tell you that the vintage hankie runner just became a favorite! I cannot decide if I want to display it OR WEAR IT!!!!

Seriously, you could not have been more generous and so very thoughtful! I loved, loved, loved your card and note too - again - will address that in your package - which will be very special!

Farmgirl #7407
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” Hippolyte Taine

Edited by - cyndieparz72 on Nov 15 2017 9:08:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6393 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6393 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  06:54:17 AM  Show Profile
Cyndie, I am so happy your package arrived and made you smile especially at this time.
I send healing, thoughts, love and prayers to your SIL and hope to continues to recover, she sounds like a sweet and unselfish Lady.
Hang in there, all will be welll, sounds like she is heading in the right direction for recovery.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  08:25:26 AM  Show Profile
You'll really enjoy "Summer Delights" Cyndie. It's written by a lady (Noel Richardson) who used to run a beautiful herb farm about 1/2 a mile away from where I live. In fact I volunteered on the farm for a time, sadly after she passed away. She wrote several books about herbs and life on her farm. The partner book is called "Winter Herbal Pleasures".

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6393 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6393 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2017 :  06:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Jill for sharing the story, what fun you must of had working on the farm and Meeting Noel. I will look for her second book, as the first is fabulous!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

Go to Top of Page

meguira
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Marilou
Quebec
Canada
341 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2017 :  3:27:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Carol Locker for the fun book on Knitting Washcloths and Pot Holders! Next time I see my Mother-in-Law, I will ask a crash course to deciphers it all! Seems cute though!
Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

meguira
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Marilou
Quebec
Canada
341 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2017 :  4:33:43 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, have you received my Pocket Letter yet? I mailed it out a month ago... Just wondering! xxx
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6393 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6393 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  4:35:38 PM  Show Profile
I
It is an honor for me to introduce you to Jenni Rebecca Hudson, 8lbs, 4.5, born Thursday November. 16th. She is just a little doll. Shannon and Jenni are home with their family, resting and happy.
Congratulations to all of you.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  5:06:38 PM  Show Profile
What a sweetie! God bless her sweet heart!
Bless their whole family.
Thanks Debbie,

hugs and love.

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  04:00:01 AM  Show Profile
Firecatinc. . .
Lenora, Thank you so very much for my wonderful card and the buttons enclosed with it!! You truly made my day!! You won't believe this, the aqua buttons I actually have been looking for, I have one in my stash just like it and needed two more for a project I wanted to make!

The other set of buttons will look great as "noses" on some mice that are in progress on the work bench.

Thank you so very much for thinking of me!!!

Joanna

Joanna #566

JojoNH

http://www.GiftsandHomeDecorUS.com
http://www.RusticMountainPrimitives.com
http://www.eastwooddesignsinnh.com
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  12:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Jenni is beautiful! Congratulations to Shannon and the whole family!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  1:40:08 PM  Show Profile
Joann, glad you like and can use them. Fate is something isn't it?

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  4:14:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh how precious Jennie is. Shannon is such a sweet farmgirl and mommy.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  2:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good evening,
I have received two ROAK's this past week. The first one was from Deb (Blessed in Colorado). She always is spoiling me. She sent me a beautiful golf towel with the Cancer emblem and a beautiful rose stone. Then there was a beautiful scarf for my end table, stickers, a medallion with the breast cancer emblem in a really cute mini bag, teas, and a note pad. Finally there was a "The Workbasket" pamphlet from 1989 and has some really cute patterns. Thank you so much Deb for the lovely ROAK.
The other gift was from Nora (firecatinc) I had just purchased a candle burner that uses melts. The cinnamon/clove melts are my favorite and it really made my library smell wonderful. Thank you Nora for the thoughtful ROAK gift.

Becky

Friends, like heirlooms, are a special treasure!
FGOTM June 2017

Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2017 :  7:57:04 PM  Show Profile
I received a wonderful package from Nora, the book "Magic Hour" by Kristin Hannah. I don't know how you chose so well. I've read a few of Kristin Hannah's books and enjoyed them. In fact I'm part way through The Nightingale right now. I haven't read this one, but am now looking forward to getting it started. I've got a few ahead of it though. Thank you so much.

Sorry the picture's not the clearest, the lighting is not very good right now.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2017 :  07:31:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone <3 Thank you so much for the congrats! The section was HORRID but Jenni is such a joy! Right before my section I was blessed with a RAOK from Kelly. Thank you so much dear friend! The book is a treasure!!! Katie and I are hoping to get some letters out soon <3

After getting home from the hospital, we opened a box from Deb... It was full of gifts for Jenni, but she set it up so that the other children got to open them for her!!! There were also magazines for me to read! Wow were we spoiled! There is even a cute pair of angel wings to put on Jenni! I need to figure out how I want to pose her for a picture wearing them!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2017 :  07:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
CONGRATULATIONS SHANNON! Glad Jenni is here and all is well.
So wonderful to receive all the special gifts . . .for a special mom and baby . . and family!
CONGRATS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  10:47:03 AM  Show Profile
Nora
I so send thanks for the herb book. I love making herbal remedies for my family. Always more to learn in the department of herbs. So much fun to learn. Thank you for such a sweet gift.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  10:49:43 AM  Show Profile
Alice
Thank you so very much for my sweet card. Loved the long letter. It feels so nice to get snail mail letters.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2017 :  6:44:15 PM  Show Profile
You're very welcome, Kelly. I prefer a slower pace when I can make it happen:)

Blessings to you on your life's journey.
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

369 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
369 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  07:26:26 AM  Show Profile
WOW! Thank you so much, Deb. What a beautiful package I received from Colorado! I had to laugh when I first opened the package (I had read the card first) the knitting needles looking like the old straws I used to use, LOL. Everything is perfect. The bear goes nicely with my others so when he's not on the tree, he'll have a permanent home all year long! The books are great. I will enjoy each turn of the page and be sad and probably start over again when I'm finished. Thank you again, Deb!!

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.

www.etsy.com/shop/RLHomesteadCrafts
www.rlittlehomestead.org

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  09:52:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carol,

Thank you so much for the white and red crocheting thread and the two books. I really needed a pick up today and there was your package waiting for me by the outside door.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  1:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Deb, thank you so much for the package I received today in the mail. I love the apron, I'm almost finished reading the Kitchens book. Love everything. Happy Holidays.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RAOK Received 2017 now closed Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page