MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  4:28:07 PM  Show Profile
I took my first trip to Hobby Lobby today. Wow! The store was huge with so many wonderful and beautiful things. It's a no wonder I hear about your husbands grounding you from that store! Sadly I was unable to check out everything because the boys decided it was nap time. I think next time I'll find a babysitter before I go lol! I definitely found some yarn and decorations I am in love with. I can't wait for my next visit. I want to get some of their metal decorations to hang on my kitchen wall.

Krista

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  7:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Krista, I remember the first time I went into a Hobby Lobby. I was amazed at the Christmas Cards the store sells. They were unique and very artsy and affordable. Very fun! Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  07:01:48 AM  Show Profile
Hobby Lobby is just jam packed full of eye candy!! There is so much to look at and so many supplies for countless projects. I agree, it might be easier for you to get a sitter and go alone so that you can take your time. Here is a photo from my recent visit to our Hobby Lobby!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  09:42:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi Krista, I remember my first visit... When I first walked into the store, I was caught nearly frozen at the front entrance and remember feeling stunned at the vastness of this store. Our store is huge (I've only ever seen one, ours here in Central Oregon so I have no other real comparisons) but I remember feeling a little overwhelmed by the size and the content in that store! My favorite store now... the men in my family roll their eyes and cringe when mama wants to stop. It's pure therapy! It's a craft and stress fix! So glad you have one near you, every farmgirl should be so fortunate! LOL! Have a wonderful weekend!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  09:44:35 AM  Show Profile
Annie, I didn't see any Christmas cards, but I didn't really look much at the Christmas section. I will have to look for some for this years Christmas when I go back.

Winnie, those are super cute scarecrows. It definitely is jam packed. I actually felt a bit overwhelmed because I didn't know where to look first lol! Next time when I go alone I will be able to check everything out.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  10:18:17 AM  Show Profile
April, I somehow missed your post. I very much agree with you. I felt that exact same way! I can see it becoming a favorite of mine as well. It's a brand new store they just built in town and has maybe been open only 2 weeks now. I was in love with their yarn selection and will definitely be getting my cotton from there from now on.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  06:50:32 AM  Show Profile
There is one here in CT, but kinda far away. They are closed Sundays, and that seems to be the day we are over in that area! I have been DYING to go for years. Both my parents have sent me cute things from there. I heard they have adorable "glamping" stuff there, too!

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  3:55:58 PM  Show Profile
Hobby Lobby is one of my weekend stops. I love jewelry making and they have a large bead and findings section. They also have a large crochet thread display for my tatting.

My other favorite stops on the weekends is any thrift store :)
and Kitchen Fantasy, a cooking supply store in my town.. Any gadget you can think of they have.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  1:28:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes it sure does have the eye candy!! I have to stop myself from spending to much. then I get home and am mad at myself cause I should have bought another one of these or that!! I guess it gives me a good reason to go back!!! LOL

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2017 :  12:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Nicole- you will definitely have to go sometime and share your first experience! Now you will have to go and get some new things for your trailer and glamping experience!

Nancy- I agree. Their sections are very large. I like having a lot to choose from rather than compromising with something that's close to what you want.

Beverley- I felt the same way. I wanted everything but knew there was no way I could! Plus I seen a super cute Halloween pumpkin that I wish I would have bought but I talked myself out of it. I keep thinking about it so maybe it's a sign I need to go back and buy it!!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  2:47:10 PM  Show Profile
I keep seeing cute things from there on Facebook! I want to go now even more. :)

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  10:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Too bad we don't live closer! I would come get you and take you myself!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

692 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
692 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  12:47:11 PM  Show Profile
I go to Hobby Lobby a lot. I try to buy only things on sale. They always have a 40% coupon that you can get on your smart phone. The clerk will take the coupon off your phone. Also you can request printed coupons. Love my HL.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  2:03:21 PM  Show Profile
It's my favorite drug of choice...lol!
it's a craft store on steroids!!! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2017 :  11:14:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Patsy! I didn't know about the coupon, but 40% really helps a lot. I'll make sure I have one next time I go!

Grace, I agree! I was very impressed and I can't wait to go back!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2017 :  7:42:52 PM  Show Profile
What fun? I just love Hobby Lobby!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic First trip to Hobby Lobby Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page