Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Portia's October Card Swap/closed/list sent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Portia's October Card Swap/closed/list sent Next Topic
Page: of 5

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2017 :  6:30:54 PM  Show Profile
Absolutly loved my card from Becca Lou! My first art pumpkin for the season and it went into my fall frame for decoration! Thank you Rebecca!! Beautiful card!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2017 :  6:35:18 PM  Show Profile
I received two cute cards today. Thank you Dianna and Rebeçca. I love them both.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2017 :  9:45:35 PM  Show Profile
My dear friends, I need help!!! I took a bad fall tonight. In the house, in the hall way near the dogs water bowl. Some water on the clean floor and my bare feet did not work well together. I sorta did the splits, but my right leg folded up behind me, toes caught on the door frame. I was screaming for help...and thankfully Robert heard me. He called our son to help and they got me up into a kitchen chair. Then into the bed. I am trying to determine if I need to go to the ER tonight or wait until morning. I have two artificial knees and the right one may be damaged, plus it feels like I pulled everything there is to pull in the right leg. It is so painful. I'm sorry for the gory details, but I figured you would want to know. I need help because the new card swap needs to be posted soon, on the 30th or 1st. Can someone take over??? If someone can help, I will ask my husband to send you the names, addresses and emails that I have, by snail mail . Please pray too. I love you all. Thanks.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  04:36:20 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn... I'll be happy to Post the Next Card Swap.... just take care of yourself.
Prayers for your recovery.
Mary Duffel

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  05:00:55 AM  Show Profile
My sweet Marilyn,
Well honey, bless your sweet heart. WOW! you really did take a bad tumble. Please don't wait to see about it. You need to get checked out ASAP!

I can only imagine the pain you are in. If I can help you out in any way, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Meanwhile, I will be praying and will put you on our prayer chain at my church. You just rest and get better. Please do not worry about anything.

Hugs to Robert and your son for taking good care of you.

Friend, I don't know what is going on, but it seems many of us farmsisters are having trouble staying on our feet. My goodness!

Lots of special healing hugs, thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

love ya friend.

Deborah Horn
Buzzn Bee
September 2017 FGOTM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  05:03:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Marilyn! I choked up when I read this!! I HATE you being hurt and incapacitated!! I wish I were closer to give you a helping hand and bring you some meals! I can only pray for a speedy recovery and thank God it wasn't worse for you hon! Do take care and we are all here for you!! Hugs!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  05:22:18 AM  Show Profile
Mary aka Madelena,

What a wonderful farmsister you are to jump in and takeover the Portia's October Card Swap for Marilyn. I know she really appreciates your generosity and willingness to help. You have a true farmgirl heart.

On behalf of all farmsisters, thank you for
taking care of this swap.

Hugs and Giggles!

Deborah Horn
Buzzn Bee
September 2017 FGOTM

Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

369 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
369 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  06:32:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Marilyn, what a terrible thing!! Please keep us posted and I will definitely add you to my prayer chain. I'm so glad Robert was home at the time; I can't imagine what it would have been like had you been alone.

Kudos to Robert and your son for taking care of you. Thank God for a loving family!

Mary, what a wonderful gesture to take over for Marilyn. I know that is a burden off her shoulders so that she can focus on healing and taking care of herself. Oh, and Marilyn, make sure you focus on healing and taking care of yourself. However, it seems you may not have a choice in the matter.

Prayers and hugs!

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  09:42:33 AM  Show Profile
Mary thank you so much. I will ask my husband to mail the list to you. Thank you Deborah, Dianna , Katie and Mary for your thoughts and prayers.
I did go to the ER about 1am and after many exrays, some morphine ( I had forgotten about that crazy feeling it's gives as it rushes to every ell in your body. It was frightening, but soothing too. ). About three am the doctor told me I would be so very sore for WEEKS...but she saw NO broken bones. Yea,!!! Fluid on the knee, but it did not appear to be damaged. Then they brought out crutches...a new learning curve! Once again I am home bound. Can't drive, can't walk. Bed rest for a few days then I see the orthopedic doctor who put in the two knees several years ago. God is good! We got blessing rain last night. I will heal in time. Hugs everyone.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

369 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
369 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  10:35:09 AM  Show Profile
God and time heals all wounds however that time in between can seem like an eternity, I know. I'm so relieved to hear there were no broken bones. I hope the ortho doc sees no damage as well. The recovery from a fall can be quite long so please take good care of yourself!

I receive my first pumpkin card - yay - so fun!! Thanks Becca for getting us started

Katie #7422

Edited by - farmgirl68 on Sep 26 2017 10:37:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  2:01:40 PM  Show Profile
So glad that your ER doctor did not find damage.... Hope it goes as smoothly with the Ortho doctor too.

I did a "Split". About 6 years ago. Legs and knees when in very different directions after I stepped on a sheet of paper. Now I'm very careful to not keep paper on the floor! Did get a tear in my meniscus...of course it was the arthritic knee.
I can imagine how you have much more pain than I did. Rest, take care, and get well.

I'll be looking for your hubby to send that list.

God Bless..
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  2:33:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Mary. I certainly hope he does not find anything that requires surgery.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  4:13:18 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, So sorry to hear about your fall. I will be praying.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  4:15:17 PM  Show Profile
I received the sweetest card from Dianna today! My first one.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  7:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, Thinking of you and sending you loving thoughts and get well wishes... do take care.

Dianna and Rebecca, received your beautiful and most welcomed cards today on a day that was ever so gray!!! Your cards brightened my day - thank you!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

369 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
369 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  04:48:16 AM  Show Profile
Dianna, I received your adorable card today. I had never heard "Being a Christian is like Being a Pumpkin" what an awesome culmination of verses! I am going to share that with my MIL so that she can share it with her Sunday school kids. Autumn is my favorite time of the year as well; something about the crispness in the air and the smells that surround them. Thank you for the card!

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  6:30:12 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn,
So sorry to hear about your terrible tumble and hope your orthopedic doctor has positive
news for you. Praying for healing wherever it still hurts or was injured. Take good care of
yourself while you're on the mend.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  6:53:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank you sweet friends for your well wishes and prayers! Your cards will be mailed in the morning on the way to the ortho.
Also We will mail the info to Mary. Thank you for helping out.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  7:00:46 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful Katie and thank you! I love the Christians are like pumpkins! I bought a children's book years ago for Sara when she was around 6. She loved it. I still have it! Based off that story. Smiles...

Marilyn...still praying and wishing you speedy healing hon! I feel awful for you right now but thankful too....

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  7:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Dianna.
Mary I received your cute card today. Thank you.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1753 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1753 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2017 :  06:55:35 AM  Show Profile
Very sorry to hear of your fall Marilyn. Prayers for a fast recovery.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2017 :  3:34:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marlene. I received your vintage Halloween card today! You should get mine in a few days, since my husband put them in the drop box this am early.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2017 :  3:39:29 PM  Show Profile
I received sweet cards from Marlene, Mary and Rebecca today! Love the creativity!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2017 :  3:46:33 PM  Show Profile
When it rains, it pours. I started Lazer treatments this afternoon on the damaged quad and a hematoma on my knee. I will have six treatments. The other thing is partially gone, severed, whatever. Doc. Bill says let's wait ten days to a couple of weeks and see what happens. If no improvement, surgery will be necessary. But as he said, God is in control! True. Meanwhile I take a baby asprin a day.

TexasGran

Edited by - TexasGran on Sep 29 2017 3:48:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2017 :  4:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, Marilyn.... I hope all goes well. We'll be praying for your healing as your therapy progresses.

My sweet friend in East Texas who does Greyhound rescue is in the hospital again after being home just a few days.. the hard part is that she has no lliving relatives and is on her own except for friends...most of which live hundreds of miles from her. Surgery likely. So we are all praying for her too.

No matter what our challenges, you are right: God is in Control.

Have a Blessed day... love and prayers, Mary.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Portia's October Card Swap/closed/list sent Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page