melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3305 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3305 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2017 :  8:03:34 PM  Show Profile

Just finishing up a rather dark take on children's nursery rhymes decoupage project for the show next month. The vanity is from the 60's and my first attempt at antiquing decoupage. I like the ominous nature of the old pages of nursery rhymes! The robin print is from an old Linnea calendar poster! Coats and coats of satin poly applied. I have a small repair to do at the base of the chair and I am done! I will be taking more decoupage furniture including a spoon carved parlor table-antique, a long and lean parson's table (antique) and two vintage wooden school chairs with the backs of each chair done in old world maps. I will also have over 55 hand woven rag rugs to bring. Whew! Mama needs a nap!

Melody

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4719 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4719 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  06:40:00 AM  Show Profile
Wow! You did a beautiful job Melody. That's an amazing number of handwoven rugs! Best of luck to you. Thanks for sharing with us.

Dawn in IL

Life is like a novel, every day is a new page......
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  08:41:02 AM  Show Profile
"Mama " you sooo deserve a Nap!
awesome set.... and 55 rag rugs.... dang... you really have been up to your eyeballs in busyness....
>^••^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4332 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4332 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  09:21:41 AM  Show Profile
wow Melody, I LOVE it! Just beautiful...and the color of my Sara's room...how about that? Where are you having your market at? ;) Really, it's beautiful! I need to get busy for our art markets here too! All too soon will October be here! :O

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Aug 16 2017 09:22:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  11:15:35 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely stunning, Melody! It looks fantastic. You have definitely been busy. Good luck with the show.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  12:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely stunning, Melody! It looks fantastic. You have definitely been busy. Good luck with the show.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3305 Posts

Melody
USA
3305 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  12:56:31 PM  Show Profile
The Art Fair is in Curtis, Mi. a very small town, but it attracts a huge crowd for this particular festival. I used to sell hand crafted soap there for many years. I started to accumulate my 'stash' of rugs for the show in March---had 6 solid weeks off because of eye surgeries and then wove like hell to make up time. A good portion of my rugs are currently listed in my Etsy store for now at LongTallSally's I just finished 'dressing' "Una" my loom last week and have started weaving at a much SLOWER pace now since my goal was met with room to spare. Can't wait to test the waters at Curtis to see what kind of response I'll get. Fingers crossed I will be able to cover the cost of the space I reserved and 2 huge orders of warp! I'll post pics of the event come September. Here's hoping it doesn't RAIN!

Mel
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  3:48:03 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful job.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  4:49:37 PM  Show Profile
Melody, are you in the U. P. I'm in the lower part of the state almost at the bottom not to far from Ohio.

Love your project. Beautiful! You sure have been busy. Would love to see your items.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3305 Posts

Melody
USA
3305 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  5:48:52 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,

We are on the border of Wisconsin---Menominee, Mi and Marinette, WI several bridges connect the 'twin' cities...pretty little cities. I can hear the waves lapping from the Bay of Green Bay from my house which is two blocks away from the shore.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2017 :  09:22:25 AM  Show Profile
Melody, I love your decoupage (as usual). You really have an artist's eye!

I would really like to purchase a rug off your etsy site. Thank you for giving us the name of your site. I am going back to it today and will send you a message with questions: Good luck with your Art sale on the Lake!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Art On the Lake Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page