Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Nature's Beauty - More Beauty
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Nature's Beauty - More Beauty Next Topic  

cyndieparz72
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Cyndie
Port Vue PA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  8:43:30 PM  Show Profile
Here are a few more I took recently on a trip to Gettysburg, PA (one of my favorite places) . . .and the last picture is one of my Bees (I am not a Beekeeper, but there are several bees that never leave my home . . . the stay among the Russian Sage next to my front porch and live in the bee house I placed directly above the Sage):

I took this picture last week and, as I have been since I was a child, I am just completely in awe of Mother's Nature immense beauty - even if only a wildflower. The precision of Geometry in nature is astounding.

Farmgirl #7407
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” Hippolyte Taine

Edited by - cyndieparz72 on Aug 24 2017 9:28:52 PM

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2017 :  6:52:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing your flower.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2017 :  8:52:07 PM  Show Profile
Yes Cyndie, Nature is incredibly awesome. There are so many layers to how it all syncs together. The more I am out and about in the wilderness the more I observe and tell tale signs of the seasons can be noticed so easily. One example is the snowberry bush. In years when there will be some snow the white berry is smaller and last winter when we had a lot more snow the white berries were huge. So I got a clue. Another little example is on the morning the day before a big storm is to arrive all the birds are out really early and feasting away, flying busily everywhere in preparation. Never fails the next day is a huge storm with big rains and high winds. And it is fun to see the symbiotic relationships animals have in the wild. Those Chickadee's are brazen and come very close on a branch but it will tattle to all the other creatures you are there. I see them warn the deer and the moose all the time that we are on our walk about. My niece grew up in the mountains of earthquake territory and she said when the squirrels would walk out on a branch and fall off to the ground it meant an earthquake was going to happen in a day or two. Never failed her observation, squirrels falling off limbs, big earthquake. Go figure! I enjoy the detail in nature too and often am so vocal on my walks, "Oh my gosh, look at this. Who knew?" I enjoy all the classification hobbies, i.e. rocks and minerals, wildlife, bird watching, wildflowers, and have fun with my camera. I think my camera is practically an additional appendage by now. I love the hymn song, "How Great Thou Art" and I do believe we were meant to be integrated into the planet Earth we were born into and can enjoy its rich diversity in nature. Around every corner there is a surprise. That is just so fun! Take care and thanks for sharing your photo, Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2017 :  09:20:37 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful flower Cyndie! Thank you for sharing!
LOVED loved hearing your 'adventure' Annie!! I so agree with what you wrote as this is me here on our property and anywhere I go. The closer my walk with God the more in tune I am with nature and the more in tune I am with nature the closer my walk with God!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2017 :  10:25:05 AM  Show Profile
Lovely photo, Cyndie. Daisies are a favorite of mine any time of year!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2017 :  12:35:19 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Dawn in IL

Life is like a novel, every day is a new page......
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2017 :  11:18:42 AM  Show Profile
Fabulous photo! Daisies always bring happiness and smiles to my face. I used them in my wedding, so they are a favorite for me.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2017 :  9:48:26 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful! Reminds me of my mother and a dear friend of mine! Daisies are so happy and cheerful, one can't help but smile in their presence!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  1:19:05 PM  Show Profile
Cyndie, such a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  06:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Lovely photo! It truly is refreshing to the soul to drink in the beauties of nature. So often we go through life, rushing from one task to the next, oblivious to so much around us! I try to pay attention to things as I drive - the clouds, the wildflowers, or even in late fall/winter the pattern the empty tree branches make against the sky - I find that really beautiful!

I've been teaching DS the rhythm of wildflowers in our area - yellow forsythia first, then the dark and light purple wild phlox, then the orange day lilies - massive amounts of all of these in our area, each in turn as the season rolls on! Right now the wildflowers blooming are the white Queen Anne's Lace and a couple I don't know the names of yet - yellow daisy like flowers and some really pretty little blue flowers - so pretty!
Go to Top of Page

cyndieparz72
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Cyndie
Port Vue PA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2017 :  9:15:26 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your beautiful comments!

Farmgirl #7407
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” Hippolyte Taine
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2017 :  11:02:13 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful pictures. The one with the sun peaking through the clouds is so peaceful looking.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2017 :  6:02:22 PM  Show Profile
God sure gave us a beautiful place to live. Love your pictures Cyndie. It's amazing how much we can learn by just paying attention to everything around us as some of you pointed out. There are the tiniest flowers that grow wild in my yard. They are no more than 1/8th of an inch across. White ones and blue ones.

Thanks for sharing your pictures of nature Cyndie.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2568 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2568 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  04:36:28 AM  Show Profile
pretty pictures, i take a lot of pictures too

http://www.naturemaiden.com/ Handcrafted Artisan Soap
http://saratoga-rose.blogspot.com/ My published books & other writing.
http://modern-day-laura.blogspot.com/ Filled with everything I love!
http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/ Vintage Sewing Machine Parts
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Nature's Beauty - More Beauty Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page