Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Junk Journal Swap! JOURNALS RECEIVED?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Junk Journal Swap! JOURNALS RECEIVED? Next Topic
Page: of 2

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4332 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4332 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2017 :  5:20:04 PM  Show Profile
OmGOSH!!! April...you just blew me away today! Picked up a package waiting for me at the P.O. this morning and I couldn't wait to open it so my mail lady and dear friend helped me and we BOTH ohhh'd and ahhh'd the entire time flipping through it! GORGEOUS and more than "worthy" of my scribbles! I can never thank you enough!! I hope you've considered selling these gorgeous journals!!! I love it!! Thank you thank you!!

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2017/08/20170830_182042-01.jpg?v=14881659

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1228 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1228 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2017 :  7:24:22 PM  Show Profile
Debi Carr, thank you so much for the beautiful journal. I just love it Will get pictures on here soon. I am working on yours will have it in the mail first of next week. Have a great weekend

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  07:27:21 AM  Show Profile
April that is so pretty. I was hoping y'all would post photos. Thanks.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  8:31:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Dianna, I received my junk journal today and it's so beautiful! I just adore the covers beauty, the charms dangling from the side and the petite fabric rose buds you ran up the spine of the journal. The inside pages are gorgeous and very touching. Flowers and song birds through out the pages. I must share, song birds are special to me as they seem to show up after I have done my share of praying... More to that story another day - so, this journal is very special and I look forward to filling it's pages, thank you... I also loved your photo card and the note you wrote. Thank you for joining this swap - it was such an honor to swap with you! (( hugs ))

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  8:54:17 PM  Show Profile
P.S. Dianna - so happy you enjoyed the journal I made for you as well - I hope you enjoy the process of filling it's pages! Happy Journaling! (( hugs )) April

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  12:05:03 AM  Show Profile
Marlee...I got your Beautiful Junk Journal and tucks. Thank You! Thank You!! Thank YOU!!! I LOVE it!

Here are a few of the pages...way too many to show all of them but they were equally as Lovely!

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2017/09/IMG_3382.jpg?v=44776043[/IMG

I just sent yours out today. But I will be honest with you. This was my first ever attempt at a Junk Journal and I thought it would be a piece
of cake. I had the worst time with it. It got too FAT to fast! So, I did my best but You will probably need to do a little rescue work when you
receive it. I wrote you a note in regards to that. I put in a few more extra tucks just to make up for my Journal Endeavor. It will be both my
first and last Junk Journal EVER! But I tried!

Love Hugs and Appreciation,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 06 2017 12:09:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4332 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4332 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  05:15:49 AM  Show Profile
Marlee!!!! Its beautiful!!!! I just love these and April...how I do so love mine! I've gone through it about 8 times now ohhh'ing and ahhh'ing!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  11:23:00 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful journal Peggy and Marlee! Thank you for sharing photos!

And, Peggy, my journal to Dianna ended up on the extra chunky side as well! LOL!

I personally think all junk journals are so beautiful, taking a mix mash of pretties and creating one beautiful place to hold your thoughts and memories, what is more beautiful than that!?

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4332 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4332 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  1:27:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh but sooo cool kinda chunky!!! :)

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  2:55:46 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I am so glad you like it. Junk journals are fun because you keep adding junk and that is what makes it unique. Don't give up on making them. Its about the fun , art and everything junky and as Sweet Dianna says chunky. Can't wait to get mine!
This is so much fun.

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls

Hugs: Heaven's Ultimate
Good Sign
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  2:32:28 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I got it today. I hope you took a pic of it. But I love it, Girls she did it in brown paper and left some blank so I can fill it in. Filled it with pockets and tags. On the front A lady , old paper and Believe in words. With butterflies, teas and a large pocket and has sticky note pads.
Jewerly on a lace. Buttons.
Peggy please don't stop making them. It is so lovely. Your wonderful letter. The tuck ins: Crocheted heart-pink and purple, a seal wax kit, Emojinal Page markers, ink pens( you know me) and a cute little mirror. Thank you, Thank You, Thank You! Peggy.
HUGS Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Good Sign
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  2:56:22 PM  Show Profile
Sounds beautiful, Marlee and Peggy!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  12:49:43 PM  Show Profile
Marlee...Oh, My Goodness I am so sorry it took so long to get to you! I think you are just being Nice on your review of it. I found it so
Frustrating! I truly need to watch some tutorials IF I ever make another one. On looking at your Beautiful One that you sent me...I noticed that
you went wide with one page and narrower with the next and so on...that probably made it lay flatter than my FAT One. Also, I probably had too many
blank pages in there but I was thinking a usable Journal. Anyway girl...If you have the time (I know you have the Talent) you can tweak it and
make it better and more usable. And NO, I didn't take any pictures of it...I just wanted to be done with it...LOL and get it mailed to you!

Who knows...I may try another one someday!

Thanks for your Sweetness about it.

Farmgirl Hugs & Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 01 2017 12:51:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  2:17:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peg you did a wonderful job. And I love the empty pages in the back. I took it to where I sit with an elderly lady. And I have had a lot of ohhhhhhh and awsssssssssssssssss. They didn't know what it was. And when I told them, they said So that is what a journal is. I told them all about it.
I like it just the way it is.
Please make another one and another one etc.......

I just love it. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Hugs Marlee

Good Sign
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  2:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Marlee...You're too Kind and Sweet! But Thank You for making me feel better about it! You're a Doll!

Hugs and Blessings
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  3:55:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy, My heart dropped to the floor when I read your notes above where you felt so frustrated and just wanted to be done with it. I'm so sorry you didn't have fun with this swap. I feel terrible. I hope you know that there is never any right or wrong art when it's created from the heart. From what Marlee describes above, it sounds beautiful! A junk journal is exactly that, using odds and ends to create something beautiful where you can record thoughts, memories, paste pictures and save special little trinkets. I find such beauty in any journal, the therapeutic art of taking time to fill their pages with lifes moments is what makes them so very special. I 'KNOW' your journal was beautiful!! I'm with Marlee - Please don't give up on making them! (( hugs )) and love! April

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  1:00:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh, thanks April. I thought the pages I did were fine...it was just that it got so FAT so FAST and I couldn't figure out how in the World to correct
the problem. Anyway, maybe if you do another one next Spring...I will give it a try again. I guess the Perfectionist in me...is what made me so
Frustrated with this particular project. I loved the entire concept...but like I said...Next time I will watch a couple Tutorials. Thanks for hopping
on and encouraging me also! To me that makes you a great Swap Leader!!

Hugs and Thanks,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 02 2017 1:01:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  5:46:27 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, when I first read about this swap, I thought about joining but I did not have A clue what a junk journal was or is. I decided against joining. Then I fell and broke my right knee etc. So I have been on bed rest for a week. Lots of you tube time, there is no tv in our bedrooms. I now know what a junk journal is. I am thinking of making them for my girls and their mom for Christmas...if I am able to walk and sit in time to get them done. Marlee described something very special, so I believe you did good.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  6:42:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Marilyn! I'm so sorry to hear about your knee.... Love and prayers to you for perfect healing. ((hugs))

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Junk Journal Swap! JOURNALS RECEIVED? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page