Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Disconnect to Reconnect - I did it - 54 hours!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Disconnect to Reconnect - I did it - 54 hours! Next Topic  

cyndieparz72
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Cyndie
Port Vue PA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  6:35:59 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Girls, I am just so proud of myself on this one!

I just finished (as of 35 minutes ago) 54 hours (Friday @ 5:00pm EST to Sunday @ 9:00 pm EST) the beginner level! No electronics, television, radio, telephone, cell, anything for 54 hours! I warned all of my family/friends/boss on 3:00 on Friday that unless it was an emergency, I was "off the grid" until today @ 9:00 and to call my husband if it was an emergency (who, because of his insane working hours right now, stayed at his Mother's all weekend - 20 miles closer to work - which made this possible!)

I got SOOOOOOOOOO much done, it was actually upsetting to find out just how much time I "waste" on television and the computer without even realizing it. I went as far as even unplugging the digital clocks in the house and only went by my cuckoo clock for time.

I am anticipating that this will probably be one of the most rewarding merit badge levels I complete, and I am going to do everything I can to complete the intermediate and Expert levels (those will take a lot of husband convincing!) I am also going to implement a minimum of 2 hours a day without anything electronic immediately.

I am submitting for this badge with a big smile on my face right now, so that I can shut down and go right back to the quiet. I am truly going to hate getting up in the morning and having to turn on the computer for work.

Farmgirl #7407
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” Hippolyte Taine

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  6:47:19 PM  Show Profile
Cyndie, congratulations on such a feat. In today's modern world, that had to have been challenging. It would be for me. I try to avoid technology each and every Shabbat (from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday) and very rarely do I success!

Did you work work work your whole time or did you sit down and read/relax at all?

Farmgirl Sister #127
My blog: http://14thandoak.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

369 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
369 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  03:38:45 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful job Cyndie!! You certainly did a great job. I'm looking forward to doing this one but am not quite ready to. You are; however, an inspiration!

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  12:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Great job, Cyndie! I can only imagine how wonderful you feel right now. This would be a hard one for me as well, but I hope to accomplish it one day. There will be lots of planning before hand!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Disconnect to Reconnect - I did it - 54 hours! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page