Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Brought home new family member last weekend...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Brought home new family member last weekend... Next Topic  

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  07:52:14 AM  Show Profile
So excited to share! Found a 1 year old mastiff via a local animal rescue. Poor guy was pulled out of a kill shelter in AL about 7 weeks ago.

They brought him up here and we brought him home last Sunday afternoon. It has been a crazy week! He seems to have caught on to housebreaking pretty well (knock on wood)! No accidents in the house since Monday.

We've named him Tango

Vet says his heart is "weak" which is due to him having gotten heartworms, even though it's been treated. :(

Poor guy had no clue how doors to the house worked, cabinet doors spooked him at first, etc. He still doesn't know what to really do with toys. He just takes them and puts them in his crate.

I noticed one of my shoes missing and sure enough, it was in his crate! lol Not chewed, not even drooled on, but I explained to him that my shoe was NOT like his toys!

He is getting on really well with our current dog, Whiskey. Have to fatten him up though - he is really underweight!

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  08:04:25 AM  Show Profile
Bless his heart. Tango has had a hard start on life but now he is home. He will be a fine addition to your family and should be a very good watchdog.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  09:47:40 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful dog! Thank you so very much for rescuing him, I can't imagine what the poor little guy has gone through. Send him puppy kisses and hugs for me. I am such an animal person and it absolutely breaks my heart to see any animal suffer.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcyscreativeworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  11:24:09 AM  Show Profile
What a handsome young fellow! Hugs to Tango! More pictures!!!!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  12:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
What a lucky guy to have you and vice versa! My heart breaks for the poor animals that are mistreated. How can you not love them? God bless you for rescuing him! Many years of furbaby love to you!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  12:36:33 PM  Show Profile
He is adorable! Such a sweet gentle giant. So happy to hear that you were able to rescue him and now he has a good home. It's heartbreaking to hear he had such a rough start to life. Keep us updated on your sweet baby Tango! And congratulations on your new family member.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  2:17:43 PM  Show Profile
I agree with everyone else on bringing in a rescue. That take a big heart, I thank you and I am sure Tango thanks you too. By the way, Tango sure is a cutie!

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjcraftsstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

MailLady
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  2:23:00 PM  Show Profile
Congrats to you and him. He's beautiful.

Christine #7397
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  05:40:19 AM  Show Profile
Jaime, what a beautiful baby! Congratulations! Bless his little heart. Lucky boy to have you adopt him. Rescues are the best, and I am sure he will grow to be your very best buddy. Hugs to you both.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2857 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2857 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  07:02:41 AM  Show Profile
Jaime he just tugs at my heartstrings. Is he a mastiff? I have a soft spot for the larger short haired breeds. I am a Dane gal myself, although at present am Daneless. Boo hoo

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – R.R.
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  06:49:03 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone! Here is another shot - please excuse the mess!!!

Tango was really excited by the kids playing on the trampoline. A friend was visiting with her kids the other night and Tango just LIT UP over the 13 year old boy that was over...it was so cute!

But he also really interested in the kids on trampoline. And he might have tried to take off with a shoe or two while they were in there - lol!

We "think" he is a mastiff mix - maybe between bull and English? Or maybe it was mastiff and Great Dane - not sure - his hindquarters seem more Dane like to me. But that could be because he was just so skinny when we got him!
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  3:34:16 PM  Show Profile
Tango is wonderful! I know he'll loosen up in time with love and care. Rescue dogs make the best dogs!

Farmgirl Sister #127
My blog: http://14thandoak.com
Go to Top of Page

cyndieparz72
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Cyndie
Port Vue PA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  9:15:46 PM  Show Profile
Bless you Jamie for giving a furrever home to shelter animal! I definitely see Great Dane in him - the face! I have a very distinct feeling that his heart will strengthen because he is happy now! But I must know . . . when will you be adopting Foxtrot?

Farmgirl #7407
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” Hippolyte Taine
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  10:51:30 PM  Show Profile
What a handsome boy and such a cool name. Sounds like he has personality growing with that shoe thing. Both Tango and you all are so blessed.

https://youtu.be/LTZ5VpfzoW0

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2017 :  06:04:55 AM  Show Profile
:) His personality is definitely developing! Cracks us up how he puts his "treasures" in his crate!

As far as adding "Foxtrot" to our family - I think the dogs are going to have to settle for an imaginary friend with that name! I think two is my limit right now! Although that would be hilarious!
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2017 :  07:24:56 AM  Show Profile
My heart just swelled with love for him and for you and your family! What a blessing he will be as you are to him Jamie! God love your sweet heart! He is so handsome! Maybe like the grinch his heart will grow stronger and stronger as he soaks up your love! You never know how God works!!! :)

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  2:44:33 PM  Show Profile
I just found your Mastif post. He is awesome. I have a friend that has one. And she is the most loving dog. Unfortunately they don't understand size. After they bond with the family he'll be trying to get in your lap!
Love mastiffs.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  07:16:02 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Dianna! He is soaking up love like a sponge!!!

Madelena - They are just big cuddle muffins aren't they! I've learned to just not sit down unless I have a drool cloth to hand because he is always right there wanting love! So far so good on him not getting up on the furniture. But we do sit down on the floor with him and he is starting to try and lay on our laps a bit.

We had friends over this weekend and they brought their 3 yr old Boston Terrier - all the dogs got along GREAT!!! Tango had a BLAST! They all played and played, rested, and played and played. When our friends went home both Whiskey and Tango went straight to their beds and slept!!!

We've started letting him stay out at night (i.e. not gated into the room with his crate) and he is doing great!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2017 :  11:57:00 AM  Show Profile
Looks like Tango wanted to get in on the fun jump! LOL He is adorable.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2017 :  09:45:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marly! We think he is pretty good looking, but we might be partial :)

Got a great profile shot of him the other night:

And then I had to take a picture of Whiskey so she didn't get jealous:

They are SUCH good pals! They make us laugh all the time at their play fights!
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2017 :  09:50:28 AM  Show Profile
Great photos of both!

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjcraftsstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2017 :  10:45:23 AM  Show Profile
I just can't get over how adorable he is! And your Whiskey too! I just want to snuggle them.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2017 :  10:44:08 PM  Show Profile
Tango is such a handsome furkid!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6393 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6393 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2017 :  08:40:31 AM  Show Profile
What a sweetie, looks like Tango is very happyin his new home and settling right in.
Congratulations!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Brought home new family member last weekend... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page