Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilt shop new machine disaster
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt shop new machine disaster Next Topic  

NikisMom
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Julie
Framingham MA
140 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  5:10:40 PM  Show Profile
I have had the most awful experience. I purchased a sewing/embroidery machine, a long time wish. The machine had to be ordered, and I paid in full. When I arrived ed to pick it up, another sales clerk (owner was on vacation) told me I owed additional money as the sales tax wasn't properly charged. I explained I already paid in full, the clerk became very nasty, acting like I stole from them. The owner called, for my side of the story. I was appalled, who ever happened to good customer service. She said she would give me a gift basket for my troubles. I said forget it, refund my money please.

I will be going to another store. Sheesh

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  6:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So sorry you had that experience. I have found that often the staff in a quilt shop are either super nice, or they seem like you are interrupting them if you ask a question. Why is that? What has happened to customer service questions

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  6:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
What model and make of machine did you order?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2017 :  9:43:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julie,,, what a bummer...
don't get discouraged....
Once this is all behind you and you are stitching up a storm,,, you will be happy as a clam...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6682 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6682 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  11:27:14 AM  Show Profile
So sorry, Julie. It does get very frustrating when people working in customer service don't have patience or respect for their clients. Hopefully the next store will provide you with better services. You should be super excited to get a new toy! Not frustrated. I'm sorry.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

NikisMom
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Julie
Framingham MA
140 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  3:37:55 PM  Show Profile
Thanks folks, I went to a new shop this morning, 45 min from me and I bought my machine! The store owner was soooooo much nicer and apparently there was a 25% sale! So I was able to get the next model up. This machine shouldlast for a very long time! They also have so many workshops too! The universe was sending me a message.

Linda, I purchased a Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 50, so Flippin excited!
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  3:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Good for you letting them know why they lost your order and trust.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2017 :  5:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
WOW! Nice machine. You done good, farm girl! Like I said above, I've found some stores that needed remedial customer service traininng, but most are super nice.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

NikisMom
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Julie
Framingham MA
140 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2017 :  04:35:01 AM  Show Profile
Linda, this has been a long time dream of mine. Which is why the disappointment hit so hard. The new shop is going to be a better fit for me. The BOM group, has given me confidence to try so classes. Now to catch up on my blocks!
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  5:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
Glad you were able to get an even better machine and good service!. Linda is right either the store and service are great and customer focused or at another store you are the dirt on the bottom of their shoe. I don't care what you are selling the customer comes first and the clerk, owner, manager make it work.
I drive at least 45 mintues to go to the shop were I bought my most recent machine, personal classes and meetings, and 20% off feet for the machine. Also she will try to fix my 25 year old janine so it back stitches, I just can't part with it yet, it still works great.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt shop new machine disaster Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page