Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Mini Apron Swap #6 - Hostess Apron SIGNUPS CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mini Apron Swap #6 - Hostess Apron SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 6

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  07:09:15 AM  Show Profile
Linda,
I had every intention to mail my mini aprons out on Thursday. Did not work out. Life got in the way. Actually it was a 4 pound Yorkie named Fancy Pants. Also known as Farmbrother
Big Buzz's big boss. As I was stepping down into our garage to retrieve dinner from deep freezer, the little stinker darted around me and I tripped over her cracking my ankle. It is not broke, just a hairline fracture that hurts like the dickens. I have to go back to the orthopedic doctor tomorrow. I will be dropping package off to post office on Wednesday. Just now able to put a little weight on my foot. This cast is itching me like crazy.
Hopefully you will have your package Friday or Saturday.

I can't wait to see the aprons! I know they will all be adorable. We have so many talented farmsisters.

Hugs and Giggles!
Buzzn Bee
Deborah Horn

Does anyone have a good idea how to scratch an itch you cannot get to? I'm desperate. LOL!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17020 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17020 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  08:10:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear... lil miss pea pod... that was a big time Ouch!
Listen to your doctor... you need to heal so you can once again do the farm girl happy dance! Lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  08:38:27 AM  Show Profile
Grace, You crazy nut! I just love you and your sense of humor!!!

My daughter just came in and asked if I were trying out for a dance group known as the Rockettes? (She is making fun of my leg propped way high in the air.) I told her even though she is 40 years old, I will still swat her behind. Needless to say, she didn't look the least bit afraid. LOL! Bless her heart, she came over to do some dusting for me as well as she brought our Supper meal for this evening. Guess I better put away my mega bee swatter and leave her backside alone. LOL! She really is so sweet and kind. Love her to pieces.

She told me not to tell it was a 4 pound Yorkie, but to say it was a 125 pound Great Dane that my feet tangled with. LOL! LOL! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  09:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Deborah - Hope your ankle heals quickly. I'm walking gingerly, too, these days. I have an appointment at an ortho doctor next Monday morning. Last Wednesday I was walking up some steps at a roadside stop and felt a sharp pain and heard a pop in my left knee. I couldn't put any pressure on my leg at all. I iced it right away and kept my leg up on the dash of the motorhome as much as I could. Ed stopped at a WalMart and got me a knee brace which I am wearing most of the time now. That day and the next, if I walked at all, it was stiff legged and slowly. Then Friday I could bend my leg a bit with no pain and could walk a bit better. Everyone I talk to and describe the pain, they say it is "what they had" and it was a torn meniscus. Hopefully, it can heal on its own, but my DIL said her doctor had her go to physical therapy for 8 weeks first before surgery. The doctor I am going to go to is one that Ed assists at surgery; and is the team doctor for A&M Commerce University here. So - I'll know more on Monday - or at least after an MRI.

And on another note - my first idea for hostess apron was not working out as planned, so I am on to another idea. They will be done later today I hope. I have a quilting retreat to go to Thursday-Sunday morning, so need to get the car loaded tomorrow so I am ready to go. I have several projects to take with me - more than I can possibly finish. I always take several so I don't run out, even though this retreat is taking place about 5-6 miles from my house. LOL! I come home daily to feed the cat and ducks.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17020 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17020 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  08:35:00 AM  Show Profile
Linda and buzzin bee... dang... I am staying clear of you two!
I cant take the chance of damaging my long skinny flamingo legs! Lol!

I sew want to start sewing my fall minis... but I will kool my jets untill you post for the sign ups.

I think maybe I will dig thru my fabric stash and make 3 'buntings '/banners... for my 3 grand kiddos.
I am flying back to Spokane the end of the month...I will be there for 10 days getting my kiddo fix....

Just need to finish up a few projects and clear off my sewing table before I leave. Wish me luck! Lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  08:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Grace. I want to stay clear of me, too. LOL!

Have fun with the grands.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  08:59:45 AM  Show Profile
Grace, you will have a fun time with your grand kiddos. Old th of time to see later. Enjoy your visit.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  09:07:57 AM  Show Profile
Linda,
Aprons are on the way to Texas. Should be there hopefully by Friday, but no later than Saturday.

My goodness Linda, your knee situation made me hurt. My daughter, husband and myself all had ACL repair work done on our knees within a 2 month period several years ago. My daughter blew her knee out stepping in a hole in the outfield while playing softball, hubby blew his knee out playing golf, and me, I was leaving a school, walked underneath a "No Parking Handicap Only" sign, fell right under the sign. Our Orthopedic Doctor said he should take us out for a nice steak dinner for keeping him in business. Oh the joys of getting older! LOL! Sweetie, I will keep you in my prayers. Bless your little heart. Take it easy.

My doctor replaced my cast. the other was way to tight, caused swelling and itching. Also, he showed me how to bend a hanger to poke down inside the cast to scratch an itch. The office call was worth that info for sure. LOL!

Love, Hugs and Lots of Giggles! (Hey, what else can we do at the moment?) LOL!

Deborah Horn
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  09:16:10 AM  Show Profile
Grace,, Grace,, Grace, My jaws hurt from laughing at you saying you have "Flamingo Legs." heeee!heee! LOL! LOL! LOL!

Girlfriend, I have heard everything now. LOL!
HYSTERICAL!!! My 38 year old son just came in and thought I was crying I was laughing so hard. LOL! LOL! I showed him what you said on the forum. Without cracking a smile, He said you were a lady after his own heart and that he could relate to Flaming Legs. He is about 6'5". All legs not much backside to hold up his jeans. I am so short 5'2" that there are times I stand on a little stool to fold his jeans. And his arms are extra long as well.

Thanks for the giggle. You are a treasure!

Deborah Horn
Buzzn Bee
"Pod Sister" LOL! Minus the long legs. LOL
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  09:18:16 AM  Show Profile
Oooops! Above post should read flamingo legs not flaming. LOL! Somebody put me to sleep please. LOL! LOL!

Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

738 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
738 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  1:28:05 PM  Show Profile
My aprons are finally on their way to you Linda.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Debi #1983
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  2:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Today's mail box had 2 squishies - from Grace and Shannon. I love getting farm girl mail!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 16 2017 08:31:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  2:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Deborah, my son is 6'5" tall, but he is a big guy. Not fat, but big. We have had to order his jeans most of his life, they have never carried his sizes locally. I am 5'7" tall and if i am fortunate enough to find a tee sh** that looks like it might fit...I hold it up to my shoulders and if it comes to below my knees...it is long enough!

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  3:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Deborah - you can also use a knitting needle to scratch inside a cast. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  5:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, You are funny!! Love how you measure for a tee-shirt. In my opinion, that is the correct way. LOL!

Linda,, Why didn't I think of knitting needles? Great idea! I have tried many times to teach myself to knit. Not a pretty picture.
Funny! But not pretty. The scowl on my face scares me. LOL! And yet I am still hanging on to those needles. Thanks to you, I now can repurpose them. LOL! Leave it to a farmsister to come up with a genius idea. Also, I can show hubby it was not a waste of money purchasing those medical supply knitting needles. LOL! Can't wait to show my orthopedic doctor. Just like a man to want to solve problems using a coat hanger.
Or duct tape. LOL!

Hugs to Marilyn and you my precious farmsisters!

Deborah Horn
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  5:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yep - a coat hanger is thinner. A knitting needle works better.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17020 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17020 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  5:34:58 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn,, we call tall guys like your son,,, "A tall drink of water"... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  6:41:11 PM  Show Profile
I call my son "High Pockets." LOL!

Deborah Horn
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  04:20:13 AM  Show Profile
Linda,
I will be mailing my aprons tonight after work. I went on an unplanned day trip with my sister to visit my niece yesterday. Of course we had to stop at the local quilt shop.... Needless to stay it was a nice day, and kept me from staying at work on my day off to finish paperwork.

Hope your knee is better

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17020 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17020 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  3:39:31 PM  Show Profile
so glad the minis are showing up....

I just finished up 3 kid chef aprons and now my brain is thinking,,, what other aprons can I make,,, (keep in mind, I have 2 cobbler aprons already cut & ready to sew)... maybe I'll go work on a Banner...
Oh sew many sewing projects,,,, lol!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jul 13 2017 10:34:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  4:14:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Grace you are so funny. I love to see too. Right now I have some other swaps to complete then back to that sewing machine I will go. It is such a good way to spend time.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  4:50:33 PM  Show Profile
Linda - Have you received mine yet??? I would have thought they would have been there by now!!! Starting to stress.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  7:46:03 PM  Show Profile
Grace you are sew funny! I'm wrestling with quilting a big quilt with my walking foot on my old sewing machine. It looks like all star wrestling in my sewing room tonight.
I have some of my fall fabric out, waiting for inspiration to strike for the fall mini aprons..... since its not time to sign up yet. I will finish another UFO or find a new project to wrestle or something..

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  10:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Shannon. I posted above that I received yours and graces minis

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2017 :  08:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have now received all but Denise's mini fancy aprons. So they should all get here and be out early this week. I got minis from Deborah H on Friday and Debi C and Dianna on Saturday. YEE HAW!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mini Apron Swap #6 - Hostess Apron SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page