1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  12:43:14 PM  Show Profile
As I posted in a previous section, when my MJF magazine arrives, the first thing I flip to is the cast iron recipes. I love the romance of cast iron cooking from the days of old!! I didn't see a cast iron cookbook by Maryjane and would love to have all her recipes in one place. I see where you could cut out the recipes from the magazine and put them in a recipe box...but, for me, it's just not the same as holding a wonderful book in your hands and pouring over the recipes with a nice cup of tea!! I apologize if this topic has come up before and I didn't see it - I'm still a newbie trying to wander through this huge farm!! Anne

Yes, in God I trust.

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  1:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Anne...I don't know if Mary Jane has done a Cast Iron Fry Pan Book or not. I don't have one any more but will be inheriting one that has been
in our Family for years. My mom said it is 100 yrs Old. How cool is that??? I remember my mom making Beef Stroganoff, Pineapple Up-side-Down Cake
and Fried Chicken in it, when I was growing up. I have had several over the years myself but when I came down with Fibromyalgia...It was too hard
to hold onto that Heavy of a pan anymore...so I got rid of mine. But I will keep my Great GrandMother's Pan once my mom passes. ~ Who knows though
maybe she will out live me. LOL

Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  1:07:39 PM  Show Profile
Annie, MaryJane has written a cast iron cookbook to be out in Sept. You can read about here - http://shop.maryjanesfarm.org/Books

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.
Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 30 2017 :  12:07:48 AM  Show Profile
Sara...good to know, thank you for posting it here.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - May 30 2017 :  06:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Until Maryjane's comes out Sister's on the Fly have a cast iron cookbook--it's a fun read
Go to Top of Page

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - May 31 2017 :  8:16:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sara and JoAnn - I'll check out these books and get that cast iron frying pan ready!!! :-) Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2017 :  08:54:20 AM  Show Profile
Hello Anne, welcome! When I first joined this forum, I had no clue how to navigate productively and I didn't have the time to click on every forum to see if something new had been posted. It wasn't until a few years later that I accidentally clicked on "Active Topics" (top right corner) and realized that I didn't have to navigate every conversations to read current posts!! I guess I'm a late bloomer! lol

I enjoy cast iron pans. I did not inherit any from my family but have obtain a few pans from flea markets etc ... My brother loves going to flea markets and finding special cast iron pans is his specialty. I've got him looking for a dutch over with a lid. They all seem to be lidless! lol

I'm anxiously waiting for Mary Jane's new book!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

1Anne
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Anne
Lebanon CT
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  12:26:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome Carole and, oh my, your tip has made my trek through the farm much easier!! We have a cast iron Dutch oven with lid that we got at a small charity auction, but we haven't tried it out yet. Good luck with your hunt. Yes, won't we be cookin' up a storm when Mary Jane's cook book comes out!!! I saw that you can pre-order a copy. :-) Anne

Yes, in God I trust.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2017 :  1:47:04 PM  Show Profile
Ya know, I heard about the cast iron cookbook but can't remember if I pre- ordered or not.
Really excited about getting it. My dad always cooked with a big Dutch oven. Brings back a bunch of memories.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2017 :  2:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Well I guess I didn't. I checked my order history and it wasn't there.... But it is now. Also found out my dues aren't due until November.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic Would love a Cast Iron Cookbook Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page