True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  2:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

Life has been crazy! My grandfather passed away the day after Christmas with my mom holding his hand. I got to go see him a few days before he passed and it is very bittersweet. I am so happy that his battle with Alzheimer's is over, but I miss him. I miss his smile, his sweet sense of humor, and his stories.

In the mean time- morning sickness has passed and I am starting to get huge. August can't come soon enough- I am ready for this baby to be on the outside! I have only had one ultrasound so far and the umbilical cord was in the way so I have no idea if it is a boy or a girl yet.

I still love my job- but things have been stressful here. Spring is always our slowest time of year so I sit and stress about our finances and am looking forward to our much busier summer season that brings in much needed revenue.

The latest issue that I have been coping with is with my guy... He is an amazing man, the sweetest, kindest guy you could ever imagine. He loves building and fixing things and has done so much work in my house. But he has a problem. He drinks too much. About a month ago he made a bad decision- was hanging out with the wrong kind of people and got pulled over for a DUI. He spent some time in jail and now has a trial. He is having to pay for a lawyer because one of the people he was with stole some of his son's ADHD medicine that he had with him (he was taking it to his mom's house where his son was spending the night) and when he got pulled over- the person had it in their pocket. They are trying to charge him with intent to deliver a controlled substance which could mean some serious prison time.

On top of that- our mutual boss decided that Josh could not work out here while going through the legal issues so our income was effectively cut in half right when we needed that money for Josh's legal battle.

So things are tight and we are living on a very strict budget. I am eagerly waiting for the time to get some food planted in the garden so that we can supplement our food this summer and fall.

If we can come through these legal issues and get Josh back into full time work, then there is a possibility we that we might swap houses with a friend and I would finally have a house in the country! So here is hoping that we come through this ok. The only good thing about him getting that DUI is that he has completely stopped drinking and is having to work his way through this problem instead of avoiding it.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  4:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Only thing I can do is pray for you. Fingers crossed that things work out,Alee

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  5:42:12 PM  Show Profile
(((hugs))) Alee! Praying here as well!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  8:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for you both, baby too!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2017 :  9:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Alee, so sorry to hear about all the stresses! I will be praying for it all to work out and things improve.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  06:39:08 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I will keep you in my thoughts that life will get easier as you work out these new problems. Take care and prayers for you and the baby.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  07:29:56 AM  Show Profile
Hugs and prayers to you and the family! Take one step at a time, learn form your mistakes, enjoy life and the rest will take care of itself!

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjcraftsstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  07:57:55 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes a DUI is a good wake-up call and ends the problem drinking for good. I will hope that's the way this works for your sweetheart. I think it is wonderful the way you are looking at all the positives instead of all the negatives! Your baby is getting such good vibes. Sending much love your way.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  12:20:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry Alee. That's a lot of stress to be under. I'm sending some positive vibes your way. Make sure to take care of yourself and your baby! Hoping the stress will pass soon.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  7:46:06 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for all of you.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  06:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Ladies! I appreciate it!! My boss is wonderful and is letting me work some overtime to help with the Finances and Josh got a job this summer doing some roofing so that will help. Baby is healthy in each doctor's visit so that is great news.

I'm going to start digging out my sewing machine and start making some things for the new baby. I think that will help settle my mind a little. Even though I can feel it moving, I'm not sure that the realitity of being pregnant has hit yet!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2017 :  08:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Everyone! Wanted to drop in and give you an update! Josh has continued to work at his roofing job and is doing well. They told him today they are giving him a raise! He really puts his heart and soul into doing good work so I am glad he is being appreciated.

We just had our last ultrasound before birth! I can't believe we are only about 8 weeks away from meeting our new baby. And we finally found out the gender! We are having a little boy. I am not sure I am ready for this! I know girls! I know I will be so happy when I have him- but this is a huge huge change!

I feel enormous and am having some pretty intense pelvic pain but that will resolve itself pretty quickly after birth. Baby is measuring right on track and the ultrasound technician seemed pleased with everything. He is around 3-3.5 lbs right now, Nora was 5.5lbs when she was born so I am hoping for about that size.

Now we just need to decide on a name!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2017 :  10:35:38 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the baby boy! Boys are so much fun. I have 2 of my own. Boys are actually pretty simple. They require less accessories, there is less to choose from in shoes and clothes from stores, and possibly less hormonal drama when they are teenagers! Do make sure you invest in some pee pee tepees! They will help with diaper changes. Especially the ones at night where your ready to just get back to bed instead of change clothes and clean up!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  3:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on the baby boy, Alee. Keep us posted.
Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  6:16:46 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Alee on the birth of your little bundle of joy! I just know he is a real cutie pie. Take care sweetie!
Give our little baby farmboy lots of love, kisses and hugs from all your farmsisters, aka his "Farm Aunts." LOL!

Babies are God's way of saying the world must go on.

Hugs and Giggles!

Deborah Horn 1185

Buzzn Bee

ps. Can you shoot me an email with your
address? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  9:11:00 PM  Show Profile
Boys are a joy. Congrats Alee. Now the fun begins!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Spring Time! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page