Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Seeds on the top of the fridge to sprout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Seeds on the top of the fridge to sprout Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2017 :  07:06:54 AM  Show Profile
My neighbor taught me a really cool trick to sprout seeds. She would dampen paper towels and wrap up seeds, stick them in a ziplock and stick them up on the fridge to sprout. It takes days less to sprout and you can see which seeds sprout. Works like a charm.

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  7:02:18 PM  Show Profile
I used to start my seeds on top of the fridge before I got a heat mat to put under the seed tray. The top of a refrigerator is also a good place to put bread dough to rise.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Lady in Pearls
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Ashley
Texas
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2017 :  07:02:12 AM  Show Profile
Nice tip! I'd forget they were there, haha! I usually use the same method, but put it in a little windowsill above my sink :)

“If more of us valued good food and cheer above hoards of gold, it would be a merrier world." - Tolkien

www.tinybirdsnest.com
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Seeds on the top of the fridge to sprout Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page